15 hours ago, jparx said:

What's the sound like at Mad Cool? At NOS they quite clearly turned the PA down after about 11pm and the atmosphere suffered if you were stood in the back half of the crowd. Is that the same at Mad Cool? I understand the need to lower volume late at night due to sound pollution in the middle of a city but it'd be good to know in advance if I should make an effort to get closer to the front.

Absolutely no complain about the sound quality! It was a great experience for my ears.

2 minutes ago, Kusy said:

LN teased The Who shows. Maybe...? 

Daltrey can't perform in the heat anymore, that's what he said in a recent interview. Madrid is crazy hot mostly in July. I'd imagine they'd play BST in London that weekend instead.

Plus they did Mad cool in 2016

Edited by Rico_Pliskin

3 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Daltrey can't perform in the heat anymore, that's what he said in a recent interview. Madrid is crazy hot mostly in July. I'd imagine they'd play BST in London that weekend instead.

The temperatures are fine at headliner o'clock. Agree with the rest, the only thing that makes it possible in my opinion is the lack of headliner material on tour this year.

2 hours ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

The weekend is already fully booked.

1 hour ago, Karlos12345 said:

The weekend is already fully booked.

You're right about that weekend being booked out. British summer time last year was over two weekends. I think it's possible if they're doing that format this year The Who may be on the first weekend. 

I don't think Mad cool would be on their schedule though. But I guess we'll see very soon.

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 2:28 PM, berger55 said:

Usually yes, its a weekend. But it willy be busy and you may have to wait some minutes. Or you can order an Uber or mytaxi.

The metro station was Nuevos Ministerios

It was from beyond there where I found things a bit chaotic. Annoyingly they shut the other Metro/Cercinias lines, and one of them was by my hotel. So I wound up on the bus from there without knowing where it was going along with many others.

Kinda happy I actually ended up at the bottom of the hill near the place I was staying tbh. Was initially convinced I would end up somewhere else entirely.

I feel like I'm at my most impatient during festival announcement time.  Was really hoping we would get the final wave of acts last week.  I check this thread way too often hoping for updates, lol

Well, since the Macca Glastonbury dream has just been crushed, I could do with a nice Mad Cool announcement to perk me up!

12 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Anyone know of any reason why RHCP won't play this? Confirmed for a festival in Japan in August:

https://consequenceofsound.net/festival/summer-sonic-2019/

My best guesses for final headliners are Florence and Chilis. Who else do we think are still in the running?

One of the people involved with the festival said on the Azkena Rock Forum that RHCP weren’t coming.

5 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Looks like Foals are teasing a Madrid date on Instagram. Others included London, Milan, New York, Toronto, Paris, Athens.

BAD42D72-C856-4E3B-81AC-8DE2779F3BD8.thumb.png.35cd1178e10224df1c23083aaa0ccee7.png

Are there dates involved? Thought it was just the lyrics for their new song but you might be right

1 hour ago, The Martini Police said:

Looks like Foals are teasing a Madrid date on Instagram. Others included London, Milan, New York, Toronto, Paris, Athens.

locations are where the warner bros offices are. It's not related to any tour

3 hours ago, young_contra said:

Are there dates involved? Thought it was just the lyrics for their new song but you might be right

Yeah you’re right. The new song is called ‘exits’

How will that extra day work? Will we need an extra ticket or is it included in what we've already paid? Will it be like Sziget with a standard ticket and a ticket that includes the extra day(s)? Our flights get in at 4pm on the Wednesday so should still be able to make most of the extra day depending who is playing.

Thinking about it now, I reckon Kanye in his custom 360 stage setup.

I reckon additional ticket with discount to the weekend pass holders 

Could be Florence. Doesn't look like she will play Mad Cool AND NOS given the current state of play, but if she plays Mad Cool on the new Wednesday then she can do NOS on the Thursday and then BST Saturday, TRNSMT on Sunday. 

Can't see it being someone as massive as Kanye if it's reduced capacity for that day.