36 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

If the 1o on the calculator stood for 10 days we should have an announcement of some kind on Thursday

It stood for that, yep.

You guys seem to know what you're talking about, now the Pumpkins are pretty much nailed on does anyone have any ideas of 5-10 other artists who are 90% (or thereabouts) likely to play this year?

Edited by 40 Days

It seems that New Order will also be announced in NOS Alive, according to Portuguese music magazine / website Blitz. It makes them an option to Mad Cool too (although they suit Primavera the best...)

Has their historically been crossover with BST shows? Would make sense of why they are waiting till today for more announcements

Edited by bigbad

3 hours ago, bigbad said:

Has their historically been crossover with BST shows? Would make sense of why they are waiting till today for more announcements

Didn’t share anyone in 2016 (Neil Young played Mad Cool, so maybe too soon for a return anyway?), shared Green day and KoL in 2017 and no one this year. 

So I don’t think it matters either way, in fairness except The Cure BST didn’t really have anyone this year mad cool would book anyway. 

EDIT - that’s headliners... I cba to look through the whole undercard.

Edited by alexlloyd

9 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

Didn’t share anyone in 2016 (Neil Young played Mad Cool, so maybe too soon for a return anyway?), shared Green day and KoL in 2017 and no one this year. 

So I don’t think it matters either way, in fairness except The Cure BST didn’t really have anyone this year mad cool would book anyway. 

EDIT - that’s headliners... I cba to look through the whole undercard.

I wonder if its too soon for Neil Young to come back, for most festivals I think it would be. Could argue that Neil's legend status and the international bump for the festival in the past couple years (bringing a significant new audience that wasnt their for the inaugural) would be enough to validate it. Just looked into it a bit more but its worth noting that no crossover in 2016 makes sense cause Mad Cool was in June. No headliner crossover this year is kinda interesting but probably meaningless as you said considering Paul Simons the only one who would maybe play Mad Cool. Neil Young and Foo Fighters being around in such close proximity will be an interesting test to see how much Mad Cool cares about repeating headliners in short order. 

1 hour ago, bigbad said:

I wonder if its too soon for Neil Young to come back, for most festivals I think it would be. Could argue that Neil's legend status and the international bump for the festival in the past couple years (bringing a significant new audience that wasnt their for the inaugural) would be enough to validate it. Just looked into it a bit more but its worth noting that no crossover in 2016 makes sense cause Mad Cool was in June. No headliner crossover this year is kinda interesting but probably meaningless as you said considering Paul Simons the only one who would maybe play Mad Cool. Neil Young and Foo Fighters being around in such close proximity will be an interesting test to see how much Mad Cool cares about repeating headliners in short order. 

When the guy running/involved with mad cool was posting on a forum last year I remember he said something about 2018 finally has them getting Mad Cool to the type of festival they wanted it to be, so maybe Neil Young isn’t too much of a stretch because comparing it to 2016 it’s virtually a different festival anyway... different location, more stages, higher quality undercard etc. 

Foos would be a surprise given it’s only been two years by 2019, maybe it’ll finally be Beni’s turn for them, or Doctor Music.

Just now, 40 Days said:

Going to be the Pumpkins isn't it...

Personally, I don't think so. Why would they tease this announcement so early for them?

18 minutes ago, diogozsz said:

Personally, I don't think so. Why would they tease this announcement so early for them?

Not just them from what I’ve heard. A couple of big surprises to come. Let’s see. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, gregory said:

Not just them from what I’ve heard. A couple of big surprises to come. Let’s see. 

Fingers crossed - can't justify going given the current state of the line-up.

4 minutes ago, Ruby Zola said:

Fingers crossed Richard Ashcroft will be there. Also hoping for Liam Gallagher. Have either of these played Mad Cool before?

Unless its with the Verve or Oasis, I'm not fussed! Not sure if been before as solo artists. 

I'd laugh and probably cry if tonight was just a relaunch of their twitter account LOL.

1 hour ago, gregory said:

OK spill the beans, so what have you heard?  😁

21 minutes ago, Username taken said:

Weezer are in Spain that weekend playing Bilbao BBK.  Not sure of that makes them more or less likely to play Mad Cool

I think it was only Friendly Fires who played both in 2018 and they were a late replacement for Glass Animals. So it definitely makes them much, much less likely.

Lazaretto said “10 artists at 7 pm” rumor is not correct. 

Lazaretto also said they shifted 12 pm announcement to 7 pm due to an embargo. 7 pm madrid time is 1 pm new york and 10 am los angeles time, so it might be an American band/artist that is planning to make a big announcement 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

Lazaretto said “10 artists at 7 pm” rumor is not correct. 

Lazaretto also said they shifted 12 pm announcement to 7 pm due to an embargo. 7 pm madrid time is 1 pm new york and 10 am los angeles time, so it might be an American band/artist that is planning to make a big announcement 

Lazaretto is that insider on Azkena Rock forum, right?