18 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

I was commenting on the announcement structure rahter than the size of the bands, really 

I know but this announcement structure would have been much more bearable if the bands were bigger and more suprising than the ones that have been announced this year. 

46 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

Yes but last year the bands were much bigger compared to what have been announced this year. Last year until Nov 20, we have already known Depeche Mode, QOTSA, Massive Attack, NIN,MGMT, Jack Johnson, Future Islands, Fleet Foxes, Ofenbach, Real Estate, Angel Stanich, Yo La Tengo, Black Pistol Fire, La moda. They should announce another headliner tomorrow

Last year they were vying for Glastonbury goers and aiming to plant their flag on the world festival scene. They've done that now, and can afford to go a bit easier this time.

21 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

I know but this announcement structure would have been much more bearable if the bands were bigger and more suprising than the ones that have been announced this year. 

Maybe that tells you something about the lineup this year :P 

1 hour ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Will be something shit like an announcement at 10am of the ticket sale date.

Or they're announcing 10 bands tomorrow.

Hopefully the latter.

Who do people think are the dead certs to be announced at some point?

2 minutes ago, 40 Days said:

Hopefully the latter.

Who do people think are the dead certs to be announced at some point?

Smashing Pumpkins unless they sub Tool at Download Madrid.

27 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

I see a lot of people being certain about a Radiohead announcement on twitter/facebook. Did I miss something?

Just people thinking the clue is a reference to Karma Police I think.

“Arrest this man, he talks in Maths”

Yeah and the number 10 has nowt to do with Radiohead, unless it was 10 bands ending with Radiohead. But if they were announcing Radiohead tomorrow I think it'd be just then.

The whole theme of the announcements has been maths. Just because the theme last year was geography we didn't have a headliner that had anything to do with geography.

17 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Yeah and the number 10 has nowt to do with Radiohead, unless it was 10 bands ending with Radiohead. But if they were announcing Radiohead tomorrow I think it'd be just then.

The whole theme of the announcements has been maths. Just because the theme last year was geography we didn't have a headliner that had anything to do with geography.

Exactly

9 hours ago, Kusy said:

30STM should announce tomorrow some dates. 

Playing Electric Caslte in Romania the weekend after this, so puts them in the frame. Unfortunately. 

What are the odds that at 1pm we get a load of random numbers on a calculator that ends with a clue withe the number 9 and then tomorrow at 1pm we get one with 8 and so on

Then after the tenth day we get a date, and...........................................

That date is for a band that 99% of people have never heard of that formed in 2017 or something 

19 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

What are the odds that at 1pm we get a load of random numbers on a calculator that ends with a clue withe the number 9 and then tomorrow at 1pm we get one with 8 and so on

Then after the tenth day we get a date, and...........................................

That date is for a band that 99% of people have never heard of that formed in 2017 or something 

1000/1