Mad Cool 2019

Rico_Pliskin

20 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

it was approximately. as the total probably also accounts for the welcome party which had a significantly smaller crowd.

35k + 44k + 51k + 56k

Several thousand tickets per day were invitations for sponsors, influencers and media. Sales were a huge disaster tris year, so that low attendance made the festival much more comfortable. 

Edited by Arnold
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Paddyc82 said:

Had a blast very warm , I would plan it better next year if line up is good, I was wrecked by the end of the cure. I'd stay closer to the place too where I am is too far away. Can't believe I'm heading home tomorrow

We stayed in the centre. Getting the bus and then a taxi was a breeze. 

The walk to the buses was utterly crazy though. Why so far away?

Over all really impressed with the organisation, bars, toilets, atmosphere. Everyone really friendly. Spot on. 

Finally home after 3 weeks of traveling In Europe, from Glastonbury until Mad Cool. I'm a wreck ?

I had a great time in MC, it was much more spaced thanks to the lower ticket sales AND the fact that there were no VIP areas near the main stages which free up much space. 

Everything was running smooth as there were more workers and less people on site. Sound was amazing as it was last year. 

Foxing, Tash Sultana, Twilight Sad, The National, Vempire Weekend and Bon Iver were the standouts for me, while I didn't enjoy Cat Power as much as I hoped. Lauryn Hill was a disgrace but I should have read about it on the Glastonbury thread. I left for Foxing in the moment she got to the stage. 30 minutes of dj nonesense! 

The transport shuttles back were smooth at any time but it was very annoying to get the information from them two days before the festival. I had a hotel reservation based on last year's transportation and saw the info at the last minute so I switched to a hotel near the shuttle bus station just before I couldn't cancel the first one. 

Edited by e2p2

I went Thursday and Friday only. I enjoyed the bands I specifically went to see. I expected the festival to be some kind of Coachella wannabe, which unfortunately, was correct. 
It's really difficult to appreciate this type of festival crowds, specially after being to Glastonbury.

The chatting was impossible to avoid. So annoying. During Bon Iver a girl literally put her phone blocking my view and started filming THE WHOLE SET. By the 3rd song I just asked her to move behind us. I don't understand these people ?

Does anybody know if the Bon Iver / National / Sharon Van Etten sets were broadcasted? Are they available anywhere?

58 minutes ago, Calvin Klein said:

I went Thursday and Friday only. I enjoyed the bands I specifically went to see. I expected the festival to be some kind of Coachella wannabe, which unfortunately, was correct. 
It's really difficult to appreciate this type of festival crowds, specially after being to Glastonbury.

The chatting was impossible to avoid. So annoying. During Bon Iver a girl literally put her phone blocking my view and started filming THE WHOLE SET. By the 3rd song I just asked her to move behind us. I don't understand these people ?

Does anybody know if the Bon Iver / National / Sharon Van Etten sets were broadcasted? Are they available anywhere?

Only seen The Cure and Smashing Pumpkins on YouTube, full sets. 

On 7/16/2019 at 1:42 PM, Calvin Klein said:

You should have tried to ask that girl, she was working for you all in all ahah

On 7/14/2019 at 10:04 PM, dentalplan said:

75k is the daily capacity, with a reduced cap on Wednesday.

Wednesday doesn't really count, but get what you mean.

On 7/21/2019 at 6:47 PM, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

You should have tried to ask that girl, she was working for you all in all ahah

They have a point. ? "Why was someone filming?" "Has anyone got video?" ???