Mad Cool 2019

Rico_Pliskin

2 hours ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Bon Iver was pretty poor imo. Caught him at the start of 22 a million album and he was awesome. Not today though. 

Vampire weekend will save today. 

They were joyous.

Really enjoyed that.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MarmK said:

They were joyous.

Really enjoyed that.

They were the best of today imo.

Caught them twice in the past couple of weeks, they played horchata. 

The song I wanted to hear that they never played the last time. 

Now If the national play 'about today' tomorrow I'll be even more over the moon. Saw one of the dressener Bros face to face while watching Bon Iver, but I didn't know which one they were to say hello. Being identical twins and all. 

Edited by Rico_Pliskin

vampire weekend went for an energetic set i enjoyed very much. they dropped almost every slow song from the set. tash sultana was also very good. the other performances haven't impressed me.

no troubles whatsoever with organization, except that i didn't found the tap water places. spent almost no time on the secondary stages, except a bit at the end at the loop. the tent was pretty much deserted for charlotte de witte- surprising as she is pretty well rated. probably the clash with chemical brothers didn't help it.

generally it looked pretty empty to me today, early performances had almost no crowd and it didn't get too crowded for the headliners either(people were very scattered after the sound tent in front of the main stage at bon iver). not sure what to make of it. it's a bit of an advantage for the festival goer, as the area is not that big, but I'm not sure if the festival can go on like this. probably the disaster of last year and the weaker line up contributed. 

I liked Bon Iver but they dont go that well in this type of events. Too many disinterested people. SO MANY TALKERS. Even during sets like vampire weekend. It was almost impossible to find a spot without several groups of talkers.

lots of people with non working wristbands getting stuck in the incidents tent for nearly an hour. 

5 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Bon Iver was fucking awesome, VW possibly even better, lauryn hill is a pisstske, AGAIN, of you watched that over Foxing well, Big mistake

Now, where can I get a refund on cups??

if you find out, let us know because we can make a fortune picking up the ones people leave on the ground ?

Edited by Calvin Klein

Everything on the logistic side of things was better yesterday.

Stayed till about 4:15 for the chemicals set which we enjoyed but fatigue took hold, getting an Uber home was a breeze.

Longest wait for a drink this year we still shorter than the quickest wait last year.

If they can get the same logistics with last year's line up it would be pretty amazing.

1 hour ago, conalb1 said:

Did you get an Uber from the same place as the other taxis or is there a dedicated Uber spot? We seemed to be in an endless queue for taxis last night 

There is a dedicated Uber drop off and pick up point.

It's in the car park next to the Real Madrid training ground.

1 hour ago, moonraker76 said:

Anyone tried the free shuttle bus into town?

Wondering whether a taxi further into the centre from the designated drop off point would be a viable, cheaper option.

Answering my own question... This is definitely an option I'm told. Queues for the free buses were minimal and there are additional buses further into the city apparently. Or just get a taxi. Hope this helps someone

2 hours ago, moonraker76 said:

Anyone tried the free shuttle bus into town?

Wondering whether a taxi further into the centre from the designated drop off point would be a viable, cheaper option.

yes, the shuttle goes to plaza castilla. it is further away from my hostel than i initially thought. uber was about 10 euros from there to my hostel so it's definitely a better option (cheaper and no queues). bus ride is 15-20 minutes.

Edited by neacaisa

I managed to walk up to the front row and get front row seats to bon iver and vampire weekend so I would think its less busy then they would have hoped. 

I got the shuttle and then cabyied it the rest of the way. I would recommend that definitely. 

The only disappointment act wise was Lauren Hill for me. It did give me the chance to pop over and see iggy pop though. 

So thoughts for the day. The National had a pretty naff setlist. Mainly made up of the new album with the worst picks of popular songs bar fake empire.

Didnt even play not in kansas which is by far the best song on the album. 

And no i didn't get to hear about today. Seems they didn't even know they were ending the set. I think they ran over time and were told that's it. No goodbye or this is our last song. 

Smashing Pumpkins were great although the setlist wasn't as amazing as some in previous weeks. 

Went home after that as tomorrow is going to be the last big push. 

• Downvote 1