Mad Cool 2019

Rico_Pliskin

On 7/4/2019 at 2:35 PM, MikeyRolo said:

Apparently they're "still waiting on an answer, and will answer as soon as possible", on what I'm not really sure? Maybe metro?

Goodness if the metro isn't open it's going to be a nightmare getting back. We too have based our accommodation on it being open.

Bit worried it's days away and no answer!

But so excited to be flying out on Weds!

1 hour ago, neacaisa said:

hello, i bought my ticket from festicket. does anyone know how can i get my discount for the welcome party? is it possible to get the discount only when buying from ticketmaster?

I think mine was just automatically cheaper when I logged in to my festicket account to buy the welcome party ticket 

Bit baffled about the ticket situation. We ordered through festicket and all along I was told we'd receive the wristband in the post, then I recently contacted the festicket people because we still hadn't received anything and they said "woah we don't handle this". Now I've just received a PDF via email with an e-ticket which we have to exchange for a wrist band. Very bizarre. 

Edited by jparx

57 minutes ago, Degu said:

Do you know the nearest stop to Embadajores for getting home after the festival with any of those options?

Line N2 regular bus takes us to plaza de Cibeles which is about 25 min walk from where I need to be, is that right?

Edited by MikeyRolo

6 hours ago, jparx said:

Bit baffled about the ticket situation. We ordered through festicket and all along I was told we'd receive the wristband in the post, then I recently contacted the festicket people because we still hadn't received anything and they said "woah we don't handle this". Now I've just received a PDF via email with an e-ticket which we have to exchange for a wrist band. Very bizarre. 

I'm in exactly the same situation. Haven't contacted them though, and their website says that they have been shipped.

Given the disaster of day one last year this doesn't fill me with hope.

Yep me too re tickets I printed out the pdf tickets and was told to bring them to the box office at the gig and they will change them for the wrist bands, with all this hassle with the tickets now transport don't think I'll be doing the same thing next year 

We got Ubers back to the city centre last year from Valdebebas which wasn't helped by the police doing spot checks on drivers, delayed things by at least 30 minutes every night.

Hope they don't pull the same stunt this year.

Given that I'm still getting emails offering me tickets I'm hoping that there aren't as many people on site this year.

Happier that there seem to be three water points on the map (don't forget to smuggle in your bottle tops)

17 minutes ago, Paddyc82 said:

What about a sports bottle, how much was the uber roughly

I'd leave it at the hotel for the first night and scope out the situation for the second and third evenings.

They were definitely surge pricing, it wasn't the cheapest option. 

By the way for anyone who ordered from Festicket, and may go again next year or to any other Spanish/European festivals - I ordered directly from ticketmaster.es (because it was slightly cheaper) and chose the peninsular shipping option (which I think was supposed to be Spain/mainland Europe?) because it let me enter my UK address...wristbands got posted out and received at least a month in advance.

Good to know it's not just us then! I get the sense they've cocked up somewhere. The reply I had from the festival made no sense at all. I got the impression wristbands should have been sent out (which is clearly stated on our confirmation...) but they're trying to cover up some mistake. 

Have to say I'm very excited for the lineup, but the organisation is ringing some alarm bells at this stage. I'm expecting some headaches on Thursday.