Mad Cool 2019

Rico_Pliskin

35 minutes ago, amfest12 said:

how was it to get back at the metro? did it take a lot of time to enter the station or the train? do you remember what was the frequency of line 8 at night? that's why I'm thinking this time staying near it's last station but still don't know if will be the same

No, it was an absolute doddle

For those that haven't received tickets yet it's worth checking your spam email folder. I found an email from Mad Cool yesterday that was sent last week asking me to confirm my address details. I checked with Festtickets that the email address was legit and it was, emailed Mad Cool today and thy confirmed they would now send the wristbands to me,

10 hours ago, leekstokie said:

For those that haven't received tickets yet it's worth checking your spam email folder. I found an email from Mad Cool yesterday that was sent last week asking me to confirm my address details. I checked with Festtickets that the email address was legit and it was, emailed Mad Cool today and thy confirmed they would now send the wristbands to me,

I have to say I was rather impressed with the quick response from Mad Cool when I enquired about my tickets. I was told mine would be with me shortly via DHL.

20 hours ago, MikeyRolo said:

Was it? Debating leaving the apartment where it is and jumping on whichever's quickest bus or metro and getting an taxi/uber from wherever we land.

Yep it was. Last year I stayed in Chueca and, okay, first night I walked my ass from Nuevos Ministerios and I was not so happy, but second day i catched a taxi omw home totally randomly. 

Last night I stayed til 6 am so metro service was up.

I would not say it was so bad, but I remember that second day I was this close to call it off because it was just to tiring to walk miles after one entire night dancing

So, is anyone in need of a Weekend wristband? One of my mates has dropped out last minute this year, and gonna find it hard to shift at such short notice now.

Have it in hand, so if in the UK you could either collect it off me (Birmingham) or I'd post it free of charge. Would be looking for £120

I'm based in the UK, but will be there also on the 10th July onwards.

Also have a spare flight, but that's from Birmingham with RyanAir, and they want £155 each way to change the name, so looks like I'll at least have a bit more elbow room flying over.

edit: WB in pic...

IMG_5990.JPG

Edited by Pazzard
Uploading picture.

Are there still a lot of you that dont have your wristbands?  We have not yet received ours and have not received the email from the courier saying it was delivered yet and we leave on Saturday. 

They have been responding to my emails but just to say they were still working on deliveries and that if we dont receive it in time we can pick it up at the festival.  

1 hour ago, Paddyc82 said:

Yep same here I was on to them today and they said same thing that if I don't get them in time I can pick them up over there

Yeah, it's never an issue, as long as you have your booking and proof of ID, you just go to the cabin before the main entrance, they are used to this happening because it's from all over. They will cancel the band they sent you on the spot and issue a new one, to you, to stop ticket fraud. If your wristband has already been checked in, obviously you are out of luck, but if it's just sitting  at home, unused it's not an issue, because they will just cancel that one and give you a new one.

Edited by Pazzard
More info...

Sorry for double posting, but still have a spare... (well two infact now)... Anyone want one discounted or gonna be in Madrid and fancies a cheap weekend pass?

11 hours ago, Jaykc82 said:

For anyone who went last year, how was cell service on the grounds? 

Seemed to be ok from what I remember. I was with the ex at the time and bumped into a couple of friends while there without contacting via phone but didn't notice an issues with the phone reception

On 7/2/2019 at 10:22 PM, Jaykc82 said:

For anyone who went last year, how was cell service on the grounds? 

pretty poor, went as a couple so didn't need to make a phonecall or text while on the site but do remember trying to load twitter / instagram a few times and didn't have much luck. I think the cell problems were the reason some of the card machines went down the first night too if I'm not wrong? imagine they'd have made improvements now though as it was a pretty big issue

6 hours ago, Kusy said:

Got an e-mail from MC about the tickets and there's something called:  Voucher 1 of 1 Welcome Party.

Do you guys know if it's a ticket to the pre party or a discount? I  bought my tix as Early Bird Festicket.

That's for the welcome party on Wednesday night with Rosalia and others.

Hey Guys, 

I hope this is the right place. 
I bought two Standard tickets for thursday, 11th July and can't attempted to the event. 
I would be happy to get the tickets to someone who can actually use them. 
I would sell them for 150€. I'm from Austria and could send them with the mail. ? 
I hope there is someone in need of two tickets. 

Greetz 

Max

9 hours ago, SalviaPlath said:

First time going this year. What is the search/security like going in?

Not severe, but there is one: you will not snuggle booze in easily, but you can bring caps for your bottles (they will take them away from you).

To be fair, I don't believe that Mad Cool is one festival where you wanna get fucked up... too many concerts to attend and the general atmospher is not so chilled, I do not know how to say, but that's not Sziget

EDIT much needed cause early in the morning my english is ashaming at best (while the rest of the time is just embarassing)

Edited by Yelo, the Parmiggiana

4 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

Not severe, but there is one: you will not snuggle booze in easily, but you can bring caps for your bottles (they will take them from you).

To be fair, I don't believe that Mad Cool is one festival where you wanna get fucked up... too many concerts to show and the general atmospher is not so chilled, I do not know how to say, but that's not Sziget

Cheers.