Mad Cool 2019

Rico_Pliskin

Well i'm glad its not just myself who is a little disappointed with the amount of clashes. The 4 big ones for me are the:

THURSDAY -   Vampire Weekend/the Hives

FRIDAY -  Wolfmother/Eric Prydz/ Demob Happy

SATURDAY - Prophets of Rage/ Mogwai/ Parquet Courts,

&  Greta Van Fleet/ Pip Blom

Think i'm going to have to take Vampire Weekend, a bit of Eric Prydz and a bit Wolfmother, Prophets and GRF...

On a positive note, there's no clashes for either Smashing Pumpkins, the Chemical Brothers or The Cure (for me personally) so i'm delighted with that. 

Given that the line up is terrible compared to last year the number of clashes can only be down to some trolling on the organisers part.

Bought tickets for this year on the strength of last year's line up and the early announcements.

Very disappointed.

2 hours ago, lighthouse said:

The Hives, jesus. Please do yourself a favour and go to Vampire Weekend.

I think if you re-read my post you'll see that I said i'm going to see Vampire Weekend... Never seen them before but I have seen the hives twice before and still think they are one of the best live acts I've ever witnessed!! 

• Upvote 1

Clashes aren't too bad for me, but doing Glastonbury a week earlier does help matters.

How are people doing on the ticket front? I haven't heard a peep from them re: delivery. Website says they will be here by the 5th July so not quite worrying yet, but it's approaching the worry zone for sure.

10 hours ago, jparx said:

Clashes aren't too bad for me, but doing Glastonbury a week earlier does help matters.

How are people doing on the ticket front? I haven't heard a peep from them re: delivery. Website says they will be here by the 5th July so not quite worrying yet, but it's approaching the worry zone for sure.

Mine has been sent yesterday.

I recieved a mail directly from dhl.

Just heard back off their travel team, no information until next week about how to get back to Madrid after the festival! Doesn't help too much I've got free cancellation on our current apartment until the 03/07 if its miles away from any drop off points and need to find something closer.

7 minutes ago, MikeyRolo said:

Just heard back off their travel team, no information until next week about how to get back to Madrid after the festival! Doesn't help too much I've got free cancellation on our current apartment until the 03/07 if its miles away from any drop off points and need to find something closer.

In the price of festival they included ticket of bus. Last year they have public bus to Plaza Castilla and Plaza Colon.

Last year too, they have line 8 of underground open with only 2 stops, IFEMA (mad cool) and Nuevos Ministerios.

2 minutes ago, MikeyRolo said:

thats very bad! I'm stuck with 2 bookings with free cancellation until next week, one in the center which I don't know if there will be buses and one close to Nuevos Ministerios station which I don't know if the metro line 8 will run as last year....  

16 minutes ago, amfest12 said:

thats very bad! I'm stuck with 2 bookings with free cancellation until next week, one in the center which I don't know if there will be buses and one close to Nuevos Ministerios station which I don't know if the metro line 8 will run as last year....  

Yeah im pretty much in the same situation, I've found a hotel near Nuevos Ministerios, last year the buses sounded awful and metro seems quicker.

17 minutes ago, Degu said:

In the price of festival they included ticket of bus. Last year they have public bus to Plaza Castilla and Plaza Colon.

Last year too, they have line 8 of underground open with only 2 stops, IFEMA (mad cool) and Nuevos Ministerios.

Do you think it'll be similar this year? I've booked an Air BnB south of Retiro Park debating cancelling and getting a hotel near Nuevos Ministerios. Google maps seems to show a big walk from Plaza de Colon to the air BnB which is the far side of the park, do you know if that's the case? And based on last year am I better off staying nearer the metro stop?

1 minute ago, MikeyRolo said:

Yeah im pretty much in the same situation, I've found a hotel near Nuevos Ministerios, last year the buses sounded awful and metro seems quicker.

Do you think it'll be similar this year? I've booked an Air BnB south of Retiro Park debating cancelling and getting a hotel near Nuevos Ministerios. Google maps seems to show a big walk from Plaza de Colon to the air BnB which is the far side of the park, do you know if that's the case? And based on last year am I better off staying nearer the metro stop?

South retiro, near atocha is far to colon, maybe 30 or 40 minutos walking quickly. 

We don't know if transport are the same that last year, they only says that price include transport of buses in december. This year maybe only sell 50K/60 K tickets per day. 

Maybe it's better if you have your house near Colon, Nuevos Ministerios or Plaza castilla . I live near plaza castilla and last year we spend maybe 15 minutos from festival to my home. 

Anyone else still waiting for tickets via DHL?

Got an email a few weeks back saying "We soon deliver you one or multiple parcels from MADCOOL FESTIVAL."

Since then nothing, when you try and track it the page says: "We don´t have information about your parcel yet. Please check that you have entered the data correctly, our system is case-sensitive!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Degu said:

To be fair, once you get to one of those stops, its fairly straightforward to get a taxi

1 minute ago, MikeyRolo said:

Was it? Debating leaving the apartment where it is and jumping on whichever's quickest bus or metro and getting an taxi/uber from wherever we land.

Yeah, our first night last year was a nightmare as we got on one of the buses which left you on the very outskirts of Madrid.  The other 2 nights we got the tube and there were taxis aplenty when we got off.  We were staying in Sol, so a 10/15 euro ride back at that point

• Like 1

Well I've just landed in Bristol as I'm going to Glastonbury. If I understand correctly the mail I've got, my wristband was sent only yesterday so I am going to the festival without the wristband. Hopefully everything will be ok ?

14 minutes ago, Username taken said:

Yeah, our first night last year was a nightmare as we got on one of the buses which left you on the very outskirts of Madrid.  The other 2 nights we got the tube and there were taxis aplenty when we got off.  We were staying in Sol, so a 10/15 euro ride back at that point

how was it to get back at the metro? did it take a lot of time to enter the station or the train? do you remember what was the frequency of line 8 at night? that's why I'm thinking this time staying near it's last station but still don't know if will be the same

17 hours ago, jparx said:

Exact same boat as you man, I emailed them last week and they just said that they will defo be there before the 5th of July, but i find it strange how my friend who bought a solo ticket received his nearly 3 weeks ago and we bought them on the same day. Is it because I have bought 4 perhaps?... how many have you purchased?