Mad Cool 2019

Rico_Pliskin

On 6/4/2019 at 10:50 AM, JAYBOY644 said:

Well folks, it's only 37 days till M.C!!!! I personally can't wait as this will be my first festival abroad.

Since this threads dried up a little recently, I thought I'd get it going again. So I have 3 questions for you to answer:

1.) Which Band/Artist are you most looking forward to seeing?

2.) Which Band/Artist have you seen the most (previously) out of all the acts at MC 2019?

3.) Where are you travelling from and with how many others?

1) Really tough question. Bon Iver and The National are in my top 5 bands of all time, but I'd probably go with Smashing Pumpkins since I've never managed to see them. HM for The Cure and Sharon Van Etten, both playing Glastonbury but I'll be catching them at Mad Cool instead

2) Weirdly, for a festival with so many of my favourite acts, I've only seen most of them once (if at all). I've seen Chemical Brothers the most.

3) Nottingham, with my girlfriend.

I'll add an additional Q:

4) Song/moment you're most looking forward to? (Really hoping The National end with Vanderlyle, but seeing Pictures of You will be amazing)

On 6/4/2019 at 6:50 AM, JAYBOY644 said:

Well folks, it's only 37 days till M.C!!!! I personally can't wait as this will be my first festival abroad.

Since this threads dried up a little recently, I thought I'd get it going again. So I have 3 questions for you to answer:

1.) Which Band/Artist are you most looking forward to seeing?

2.) Which Band/Artist have you seen the most (previously) out of all the acts at MC 2019?

3.) Where are you travelling from and with how many others?

1. Bon Iver. I'm specifically going to this festival because of him/them. Also excited about The National, Sharon Van Etten and Vampire Weekend.
2. Probably Noel. Seen him about 3 times. Maybe 4. And Oasis 4 times as well. 
3. Buenos Aires, Argentina. Although I'm not just making the trip for this festival alone obviously.

For me it would be....

Empire of the Sun, Smashing Pumpkins  Robyn, and the Cure. First time for all of them and a long time over due!

if I include Oasis with Noel it’s without shadow of doubt him. 12 x Oasis and 4 x solo. Also seen The Chems, Vampire Weekend a few times each and seen Lauren Hill, Years and years, disclosure, Eric prydz, 1975 and Bonobo before.

First time at MC for me and my wife, travelling from Manchester and then on to Benicassim (with its woeful lineup this year)

cant wait now!!!

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, jparx said:

4) Song/moment you're most looking forward to? (Really hoping The National end with Vanderlyle, but seeing Pictures of You will be amazing)

4)

the Cure - a Forrest,

Smashing Pumpkins - Tonight, Tonight

Chemical Brothers - Hey Boy Hey Girl

Greta Van Fleet - Black Smoke Rising 

and I'm praying that Johnny Marr plays This Charming Man, as I've seen him twice before and didn't play it at either of they shows, but he did play it 2 weekends ago in Newcastle!!!!

Has anyone from the UK not received their bands yet? Me and my friend ordered our bands the exact same day back in March, separately, and his arrived last week and I've not received anything or even heard that mine has been dispatched!! We stay in the same town and not even that far from each other so I can't understand why I haven't received mine...