Mad Cool 2019

Rico_Pliskin

Stevie Wonder is too much to ask right? ?

few weeks ago I thought that Robert Plant, Elbow and Skunk Anansie will surely be added, they still don't have a Spanish date but it seems too late.. anyway, as Thursday looks great and I'm already afraid they will clash Iggy Pop and Bon Iver I'm not sure I even want something more for that day, Saturday also nice but do hope for something interesting for Friday 

It surprises me that they havent been able to announce a replacement.  I live in a small city (population of 50k) and we have a good Blues Festival every September.  Over the past ten years weve had countless examples of artists having to back out and they are always able to replace the act within weeks.   We are not talking the same level as headliners at this festival but last year we had Sturgill Simpson announced a week after Nanthaniel Rateliff had to pull out.  A few years ago we had Gregg Alman replaced within a week by Buddy Guy and theres been a ton of other examples of that.   Jazz Fest in the US replaced the Stones in a few days and then replaced Fleetwood Mac within a couple days of their cancellation (although that was a last minute cancellation so needed something right away)

Someone like Flaming Lips would be a bigger name than POR and would put on a great show. They're doing they're soft bulletin tour in the Summer. I think Mad cool have missed the chance to quietly name VW as the second headliner. I'd say the Cure were the only band that could justify sole headlining duties and they have co-headliner.

Edited by Asriel

17 minutes ago, Colouring Book said:

Did someone pull out? I was away for a few weeks and haven't noticed a drop out. 

No one announced has been removed (other than H.E.R. and Teenage Fan Club who were already replaced). But with there only being one headliner on Thursday and comments that Lazaretto made in the azkena forum it would appear that there was one or more acts that had been committed but then pulled out before being announced.  For example it seems like Missy Elliot was a last minute scratch, although she may have been replaced by Prophets of Rage.   (A couple news outlets reported the latest additions which included Elliot and one of the artists had posted a lineup after the last announcement which didnt include Prophets of Rage so would appear they were a last minute confirmation)

7 minutes ago, Calvin Klein said:

Am I the only one who likes the Thursday lineup the most by far? It doesn't need anything else to me :)

I'm not sure I want anything else on that day either.

Looking at the lineup for that day and I want to see everything from Bon Iver to The Hives on the poster plus Lewis Capaldi.  And I've mostly tried to avoid listening to a lot of the remainder on that day until the schedule is out to avoid loving other acts that I know I wont be able to see.

Any additions should be Friday or Saturday.

On 5/4/2019 at 3:01 PM, Calvin Klein said:

Somebody else got me the tickets at Fnac in Spain so they already have the tickets with them. Is there any way they can send us the wristbands now or do I have to pick them up on the same day? Anybody knows?

They will only send wristbands to those who bought tickets online or the FNAC pack. If you have ordinary FNAC tickets you have to pick them up at the venue.

• Upvote 1

On 5/4/2019 at 1:54 PM, Calvin Klein said:

Am I the only one who likes the Thursday lineup the most by far? It doesn't need anything else to me :)

Thursday is also my favourite day. But it's the fact that they have left it unclear as to whether there will be a headliner. If they had been clear that Bon Iver was the sole headliner earlier or VW had been bumped to co-headliner then i would have been fine with that. Not having another headliner now would be a disappointment to me.

• Upvote 1