Mad Cool 2019

Rico_Pliskin

9 hours ago, Paddyc82 said:

Anyone know if you can bring a backpack in don't want to be in shorts coming home if it's not over till 3 am 

You'll be able to take a backpack in. You won't need trousers though surely (especially as someone from Ireland!), it doesn't go lower than about 20 degrees. 

Interesting news about the surprise(s). Sounds like they've had numerous plans fall through which has impacted the lineup too. Certainly think Gambino could have been someone they were in advance talks with and pulled out. He actually compliments Bon Iver quite well so I could see him lined up for the Thursday.

Edited by jparx

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 9:54 PM, Gilgamesh69 said:

I hope you're right. Honestly the lineup looks pretty weak compared to last year's 

Don't think they can help it tbf - the festival circuit in general is looking weaker than its 2018 equivalent, even if a few have decent bills scattered around.

This looks quite decent in fairness, but not the same level as last year's high quality ensemble.

Made a festival playlist (all 4 days) that I thought I'd share in case of any you find it useful. It's setlist-based and has a lot more depth than the official one. I've covered the majority of acts including all major ones and happy to add any more requested. I'll keep updating it with new releases too. Enjoy.

• Upvote 3

I felt like it was more active in here whenever we were all complaining about the lack of communication.  Been pretty quiet after the initial reaction to the last round of announcements and the Pre Party announcement.

I'm hoping that we can get to talking about the music again soon and hopefully we get that last artist announcement sooner rather than later.  

For all the criticism and frustration I'm genuinely excited for this.  This is a unique experience for me to go to a festival with this many acts and I've only ever seen one of them before live (Griz).  I feel like I have so many more artists to try to listen to between now and July though.  My hometown music festival also announced their acts this week which has taken my attention away from this and given me a few more bands to check out, although this has far fewer artists that I wasnt familiar with so a little less overwhelming.

So are most of you in this forum actually attending this year?

1 hour ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

GF and I have tickets bought since Day 1. 

Can't wait, biggest worry are the clashes on Day 1 and 3. 

Day 1 is the only one I'm really worried about conflicts.

I'm sure there will be conflicts on day 2 and 3 but each day only has a couple acts I'd be really upset if I missed.  

17 hours ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

GF and I have tickets bought since Day 1. 

Can't wait, biggest worry are the clashes on Day 1 and 3. 

Do you know when the timetable gets released? Most of the acts I want to see are doing Glastonbury as well, so it might be a case of planning both festivals at the same time to see as much, and as big a variety, as possible.

2 hours ago, jparx said:

Do you know when the timetable gets released? Most of the acts I want to see are doing Glastonbury as well, so it might be a case of planning both festivals at the same time to see as much, and as big a variety, as possible.

Last year the timetable released on June 5th.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

I reckon when Kanye (Yeesus) does his Easter Sunday Service at Coachella he's going to announce the resurrection of his career and tour dates/new album. 

I hope this is what Nos/MC have been waiting for. More than likely not. 

totally not the case, my bet

So what's the deal with the FNAC pack? It comes with a 3 day ticket + welcome party ticket and some other stuff in a cheaper price (including shipping!) then buying those tickets separate?? What am I missing? 

Edited by e2p2

54 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

So what's the deal with the FNAC pack? It comes with a 3 day ticket + welcome party ticket and some other stuff in a cheaper price (including shipping!) then buying those tickets separate?? What am I missing? 

You can't believe it. It's better fnac pack yes.