Mad Cool 2019

Rico_Pliskin

3 hours ago, 40 Days said:

As someone who wanted to go this year based on last year, this is extremely disappointing. Really weak line up.

You may have a look at the line-ups of Rock Werchter and Primavera Sound (guess that won't be your thing based on your comment), but it's not much better elsewhere. (Personally don't think it's that bad, just not that stacked or rock-heavy.) It's definitely not the year of big headliners, or just below headliners for that matter. 2018 was an extremely good festival year, I expected to be let down this year. 

11 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

I don't think there will be an additional headliner that day...

If it's again seven names split over the two main stages like last year, it could indeed be the seven names that are now on the top three lines. And it doesn't look that bad/weird.

The feeling another headliner is to be added, comes primarily from the other two days, I think. That Friday doesn't look too convincing to me at the moment. 

I think Prophets of Rage have been given headline status just to carry on having two headliners a day. Completely unnecessary otherwise. Ergo, Thursday still needs a headliner - and that is probably true in the most literal sense by the looks of it.

Still takes it for best European lineup but there was a lot of potential in those forty names to come, and this ain't it. I would live in salt if I had bought a ticket and waited over three months for an announcement capped off by Prophets of Rage.

9 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I think Prophets of Rage have been given headline status just to carry on having two headliners a day. Completely unnecessary otherwise. Ergo, Thursday still needs a headliner - and that is probably true in the most literal sense by the looks of it.

Still takes it for best European lineup but there was a lot of potential in those forty names to come, and this ain't it. I would live in salt if I had bought a ticket and waited over three months for an announcement capped off by Prophets of Rage.

Vampire Weekend are bigger/more popular than Prophets surely? All quite confusing to me.

7 minutes ago, JAYBOY644 said:

Well I just spotted this on Twitter. Getting a bit worried that i'm getting my hopes up for a huge announcement...

11.30 madrid time is 10.30am uk time right? 

Screenshot_2019-04-11-09-27-19~2.png

Judging by this tweet, it looks like they're going to announce something big. On the other hand, it may just be unreasonable hype.

Yesterday was a let down for me personally so hoping for something more today. AM had a line for they’re spot last year before they were announced something that’s not on the poster atm for the Bon Iver day.

Also unsure about the maths but I was thinking it would be 40 more acts to be announced prior to yesterday, whereas there was only 25.

Just now, CANTSTOP said:

Yesterday was a let down for me personally so hoping for something more today. AM had a line for they’re spot last year before they were announced something that’s not on the poster atm for the Bon Iver day.

Also unsure about the maths but I was thinking it would be 40 more acts to be announced prior to yesterday, whereas there was only 25.

yeah when they said 40% more acts to be announced i assumed that would be more than the 20ish bands/ acts listed yesterday. I know theres some competition winners to be announced so they'll probably be announced as well to be fair. its just a waiting game at the moment...

2 minutes ago, JAYBOY644 said:

yeah when they said 40% more acts to be announced i assumed that would be more than the 20ish bands/ acts listed yesterday. I know theres some competition winners to be announced so they'll probably be announced as well to be fair. its just a waiting game at the moment...

Just like it has been for the past 112 days

I think they've done a good job with the line-up this year, but that extra day is disappointing. Tempted just for Metronomy but expected much better for a 50k (actually 10k higher than was previously reported) capacity event than Rosalia and Bring Me The Horizon as the top acts.

Edit - should add, it's obviously very good value for 30 euros though.

Edited by The Martini Police