Mad Cool 2019

Rico_Pliskin

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It would be kind of bizarre for one of the biggest European festivals to be put out of shape so badly by a not-massive headliner playing a gig near the end of March. And it doesn’t explain why they’d halt the whole lineup either. Still, I’m clueless as to what could hold this up for so long.

Hence the clutching at straws ?

Holding back the rest of the lineup is really the most baffling bit. Fair enough a headline may have pulled out or they may be embargo'd with someone, but why make everyone wait so long for the rest of the lineup? Just put the whole poster out with a TBA on there, surely.

I think the main problem is having 3 major festivals at the same weekend in a year that is not loaded with many big guns as last year. A week earlier there are Vida and Cruilla festivals and in the weekend after there are Benicassim and Sonar (not to mention Primavera, Low, download and other festivals in Spain). Doctor Music festival is silent too. I dont think there's gonna be a massive headliner incoming, it just that they need to be better than their competitors and still try to lure some international punters if they can because its starting to be late.

I still hadn't decided yet if Im going to MC or Nos and they're both annoying me with their silent:) 

38 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I don't get what people are waiting for. Mad Cool already has the best festival lineup in the World this year.

I definitely agree. Even without the upcoming names, it's one of (if not THE) best lineups out there. I think people's frustration lies with the poor communication from the festival and, as we've mentioned above, why they won't just announce the rest of the names and a headliner TBC. It's a bit odd to go almost 100 days without any confirmations, when we're expecting quite a few to come through. I bought my ticket based on the lineup as it currently stands, so i'm happy with it, I just want to know what they're holding back and what's taking so long! They've pretty much created this frustration themselves.

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

I definitely agree. Even without the upcoming names, it's one of (if not THE) best lineups out there. I think people's frustration lies with the poor communication from the festival and, as we've mentioned above, why they won't just announce the rest of the names and a headliner TBC. It's a bit odd to go almost 100 days without any confirmations, when we're expecting quite a few to come through. I bought my ticket based on the lineup as it currently stands, so i'm happy with it, I just want to know what they're holding back and what's taking so long! They've pretty much created this frustration themselves.

Fair enough, I don't know if I can even go and have never been before so I haven't followed. I do want to though!

Bought our tickets yesterday based off of the current line up as it stands! Anything else is a bonus for me, was hoping for Fleetwood Mac but that seems doubtful, I’ll take whatever we can get at this point, frank ocean would be the dream situation but the guy is hard to catch! 

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

I don't get what people are waiting for. Mad Cool already has the best festival lineup in the World this year.

I agree that they have one of the best lineups, at least as it pertains to my preferences, as is.  But that being said, it's still normal to be excited for what's to come and frustrated at the lack of communication on the rest.

It's like if you knew you were getting 3 gifts, and the first two were amazing.  Youd still be excited about that third gift and anxiously waiting to open it.  You probably wouldnt just say "first two were awesome, so I'm not even wondering what's in the third one".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Degu said:

The same poster in diferrent place.  (Bus Stop) 

Ugh, so that must surely push the announcement back a few weeks? They aren't putting up posters if they're planning on updating the lineup any time soon.

27 minutes ago, jparx said:

Ugh, so that must surely push the announcement back a few weeks? They aren't putting up posters if they're planning on updating the lineup any time soon.

Nah there’s always outdated posters up here and there.

Fun to think that this time next week, it will be halfway between the last announcement and the start of the festival.

15 minutes ago, Jaykc82 said:

I would be very happy to have Stevie Womder as a headliner since he was just announced for BST Festival.  Not sure he fits in at MC though

Yep same. Not sure if he fits - someone from Spain could probably answer that better. He obviously went down a storm at Glastonbury, but I'm not sure if that translates to the average Mad Cool fan. Certainly makes sense to me and he's a big name that would justify the wait. Lionel too.

2 hours ago, jparx said:

Yep same. Not sure if he fits - someone from Spain could probably answer that better. He obviously went down a storm at Glastonbury, but I'm not sure if that translates to the average Mad Cool fan. Certainly makes sense to me and he's a big name that would justify the wait. Lionel too.

Just noticed NOS have Weezer. Would mad cool surely get them too anyone know?