Mad Cool 2019

Rico_Pliskin

1 minute ago, Jaykc82 said:

Ok.  Someone had posted that he had ruled out Mumford and RHCP.

Also, I feel like I'm in the minority on music forums and I may get blasted for saying this, but I love Mumford and would be very happy to have them for Mad Cool

I agree, people are bored with their songs, but they are still undeniably a superb live act. 

9 minutes ago, Jaykc82 said:

Also, I feel like I'm in the minority on music forums and I may get blasted for saying this, but I love Mumford and would be very happy to have them for Mad Cool

I don't get the hate either. 

That said I haven't seen them live, 

Enjoy Lover of the light, Believe and some of their other hits. 

Edited by Rico_Pliskin

@dentalplan Why would you need to rectify anything if there isn't a sexist festival booker? Identifying those and actively campaigning against them is something I too would get on board right away.

But if the imbalance is a consequence of other non-discriminatory and not-sexist reasons some so consistently fail to acknowledge it might just be alright. Unless there is some god-given chart specifying festival representation percentages for specific demographic groups that I missed? 

Rarely anything is divided 50/50 gender wise and men have it better in some ways just as women have it better in others. Rather than demanding "equal representation" in festivals, perhaps even using gender equality as a PR stunt (and seemingly a failed one too in case of Primavera), time would probably be better spent working on reasons for imbalance, not simply calling for the result to be fixed. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

I don't get the hate either. 

That said I haven't seen them live, 

Enjoy Lover of the light, Believe and some of their other hits. 

I've seen them live twice, once was at what I'd call their pinnacle, the year they headlined Glastonbury I believe, and they put on a huge show at the Olympic park with vampire weekend, haim, Edward sharpe and ben howard and the whole day was phenomenal.  

I saw them again a couple of years later headlining reading and the whole thing was flat- a whole field of people waiting around for little lion man and I will wait. Very boring, put me right off their live show (plus I no longer care for their music) 

6 hours ago, Jaykc82 said:

Does anyone know why RHCP have been ruled out is there any chance at all it could be them??

Mad Cool have replied to someone on Twitter, who was complaining about the delay, and they seem to be teasing something. The tweet translated to "If we are waiting for something. You will see;) 

Feel like something is coming soon. Can't imagine what else they could be teasing other than TBK. They're stoking the fire a bit, so they must be confident in what they have.

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

Mad Cool have replied to someone on Twitter, who was complaining about the delay, and they seem to be teasing something. The tweet translated to "If we are waiting for something. You will see;) 

Feel like something is coming soon. Can't imagine what else they could be teasing other than TBK. They're stoking the fire a bit, so they must be confident in what they have.

I saw this as well.  I dont know about the rest of you but this is a big build up and delay if it's for the Black Keys.  I'm ok with the Black Keys but wouldnt be blown away.  

5 minutes ago, Jaykc82 said:

I saw this as well.  I dont know about the rest of you but this is a big build up and delay if it's for the Black Keys.  I'm ok with the Black Keys but wouldnt be blown away.  

Yep, same.

Like I've said before, I think they've got TBK and they're only doing a few European festivals, so they're banking on that being a selling point. It's a different name that isn't at every other festival, but I'm not sure they're going to be a huge different maker in terms of tickets. I can see why they would be excited about it - return after a fairly long hiatus, probably playing a small number of Euro dates, doing the big Woodstock show etc..., but for the fans I don't think they're quiet that impressive.

Edited by jparx

I think Florence & The Machine makes sense. Plays British Summer Time on the Saturday. She tends to do festival dates in pairs, would suite the current lineup.

Would either be a very strong joint headliner with Bon Iver, or would be very good to have before The Cure. 

wasn't there a rumour or a confirmation that Werchter, Mad cool and Nos all had an artist lined up but they dropped out at a late stage.... if that is or was the case, then nos and mad cool could have been scrambling to find someone to announce while werchter just stuck with what they had?

sure it was mentioned on the RW topic

1 minute ago, pryce said:

wasn't there a rumour or a confirmation that Werchter, Mad cool and Nos all had an artist lined up but they dropped out at a late stage.... if that is or was the case, then nos and mad cool could have been scrambling to find someone to announce while werchter just stuck with what they had?

sure it was mentioned on the RW topic

Paul McCartney? ?

13 minutes ago, young_contra said:

Yeah, this whole hype building around TBK is a bit weird. They're def a nice change of pace to other festivals but that's it, they're not the most exciting live act and do not warrant this amount of secrecy imo

I'm not sure that they are. They haven't referred to an individual artist at all, have they? Seems just as likely to me to be a bulk announcement and they're hyping that.

46 minutes ago, ryan.wills said:

I think Florence & The Machine makes sense. Plays British Summer Time on the Saturday. She tends to do festival dates in pairs, would suite the current lineup.

Would either be a very strong joint headliner with Bon Iver, or would be very good to have before The Cure. 

Foals would be way better under The Cure or Bon Iver

I've seen Foals more times than I can count and they have never clicked with me. They're the definition of an "OK" band in my opinion. I just don't feel any emotion there, or anything that sets them apart. I'd happily stand there with a beer and nod along to them again, but I'd rather something different, personally. I get most people on here love them, so I'd be happy for you all if they're there, as long as we get some nice variety as well with the next announcement.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, jparx said:

I've seen Foals more times than I can count and they have never clicked with me. They're the definition of an "OK" band in my opinion. I just don't feel any emotion there, or anything that sets them apart. I'd happily stand there with a beer and nod along to them again, but I'd rather something different, personally. I get most people on here love them, so I'd be happy for you all if they're there, as long as we get some nice variety as well with the next announcement.

I have to disagree. Get in the middle of those crowds and feel the energy - it's insane, especially when they get to Inhaler into What Went Down into Two Steps Twice.. Definitely one of the best live bands I've seen

3 minutes ago, RealBaller21 said:

I have to disagree. Get in the middle of those crowds and feel the energy - it's insane, especially when they get to Inhaler into What Went Down into Two Steps Twice.. Definitely one of the best live bands I've seen

Definitely agree with that. But mainly because that's my other account 

• Upvote 1