Mad Cool 2019

Rico_Pliskin

I don't normally buy in when festivals tweet things like this, but the latest Mad Cool tweet is a bit of a tease if it's not hinting at an announcement tomorrow. Especially given what they posted on Sunday and the anticipation right now. Might end up being nothing but who knows.

7 minutes ago, jparx said:

I don't normally buy in when festivals tweet things like this, but the latest Mad Cool tweet is a bit of a tease if it's not hinting at an announcement tomorrow. Especially given what they posted on Sunday and the anticipation right now. Might end up being nothing but who knows.

You have to wonder why fests would post things like this where people could read into it as some sort of precursor to an announcement... and then more than likely not announce. 

Truly heartless carry on. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah it's a bit cheeky. Hopefully it does lead to something though. Someone on the Azkena forum reckons Black Keys were confirmed on Spanish radio, but probably best to take that with a pinch of salt for the time being.

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

Yeah it's a bit cheeky. Hopefully it does lead to something though. Someone on the Azkena forum reckons Black Keys were confirmed on Spanish radio, but probably best to take that with a pinch of salt for the time being.

Has anyone been to a Black Keys concert and enjoyed it?

I haven't seen them yet but i've only heard negative live reviews, 'boring, disinterested, going through the motions' things I hear about Kings Of Leon. 

I like their music so i hope it translates well to stage. 

5 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

I haven't seen them yet but i've only heard negative live reviews, 'boring, disinterested, going through the motions' things I hear about Kings Of Leon. 

Totally agree. I saw Black Keys 2 times and I think the same

13 hours ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Can you explain to me how the Mad cool forum in foroazkenarock works. 

What is this Tritranquilo? 

Does anyone except Laza know anything or is it all guessing?

Does Hoyos work for a festival?

Most of the posts are all smoke but no fire. But it's interesting/sometimes funny to read

Tritranquilos are three person that confirms some posible groups... We dont know if they have more information. 

Laza works on madcool marketing and bar tool is the big boss on festival. He dont write on forum since one month. 

Hoyos is hbn1 on efestivals.... Dont work on festivals

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Degu said:

Tritranquilos are three person that confirms some posible groups... We dont know if they have more information. 

Laza works on madcool marketing and bar tool is the big boss on festival. He dont write on forum since one month. 

Hoyos is hbn1 on efestivals.... Dont work on festivals

Ha, poor Hbn1. Thanks :)

1 hour ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

I saw them in London 6/7 years back on the El Camino Tour and thought the bit when it was just Dan and Patrick rocking out as a 2-piece was better than when they had a full band. Felt like the sound system didn't work properly when everyone was piling on.

Friend went to a different show a few days earlier said Maccabees were better.

Though who knows - maybe a few years off it might lead to something more intense.

I have seen The Black Keys 3 times before and I don't think they are boring. I think they are returning back to performing without a backup band after Richard Swift, who performed with them last tour, passed away in July. They posted a live recording of their new sing Hi/Lo on March Madness commercial where only both of them are performing the song.

26 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

I have seen The Black Keys 3 times before and I don't think they are boring. I think they are returning back to performing without a backup band after Richard Swift, who performed with them last tour, passed away in July. They posted a live recording of their new sing Hi/Lo on March Madness commercial where only both of them are performing the song.

Are they good as a two piece? Or did you rather having extra members to back them up. 

14 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Are they good as a two piece? Or did you rather having extra members to back them up. 

I don' have a preference really. Their El Camino tour was more energetic compared to Turn Blue tour because of the genre of the last album which is more towards blues. They need a full band to perform most of the songs from Turn Blue but they will probably turn back to performing as a two piece and performing less songs from that album

A few others have corroborated the apparent confirmation on Spanish radio yesterday (apparently it didn't mention a specific festival, but it seems to imply Mad Cool). Fingers crossed we get the Mad Cool announcement today and then the US tour is announced in full next week. 

1 minute ago, pryce said:

would they fly over just for Mad cool and Nos alive though? what other festivals are still awaiting a headliner in Europe in july?

Tame Impala did that just for Mad Cool and Citadel last year. They flew to the U.S. for Pitchfork festival in Chicago a week later.

Also, Opener is waiting for a headliner as well

12 hours ago, jparx said:

I’d say that’s less of a hint than when they used Bon Iver’s ‘over soon’ lyric, haha. Probably nothing. 

8 minutes ago, young_contra said:

I find it odd that a festival would wait so long for a band like TBK. I like them but they''re not THAT big, specially after an odd hiatus

Perhaps they were willing to book them, knowing they couldn't announce until March, because they're doing so few European dates? They may not be the biggest band, but this summer most festivals seem to have the same group of names, and TBK are at least something different. If they only end up at MC, NOS and maybe Opener then it gives those festivals something unique.