Mad Cool 2019

Rico_Pliskin

10 minutes ago, Degu said:

Maybe not.

Can you explain to me how the Mad cool forum in foroazkenarock works. 

What is this Tritranquilo? 

Does anyone except Laza know anything or is it all guessing?

Does Hoyos work for a festival?

Most of the posts are all smoke but no fire. But it's interesting/sometimes funny to read

Edited by Rico_Pliskin

8 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Can you explain to me how the Mad cool forum in foroazkenarock works. 

What is this Tritranquilo? 

Does anyone except Laza know anything or is it all guessing?

Does Hoyos work for a festival?

Most of the posts are all smoke but no fire. But it's interesting/sometimes funny to read

Do you have a link to that forum?

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

Do you have a link to that forum?

https://www.foroazkenarock.com/t62169p450-mad-cool-festival-2019-the-cure-iggy-pop-the-national-bon-iver-smashing-pumpkins-robyn-sharon-van-etten-y-lo-que-queda-soundsbetterlive

Here you go. I don't speak spanish and i feel quite a bit is lost in Google Translate. Lots of in jokes etc. But I find some rumors from people in here come from this forum. 

Edited by Rico_Pliskin

Also I know that they love us in this forum and comment on how smart and good looking we are. 

And how much wise knowledge we have. ;) for a bunch of Guiris.

With fantastic hair, and those of us that are Bald they say we have beautifully shaped heads. 

Edited by Rico_Pliskin
  • Upvote 3

So what I can gather is:

They reckon MC went for a huge band, which fell through, and has delayed the announcement. They're annoyed that the festival has gone so quiet. 

Then loads of weird jokes I don't understand ?

Still thinking today could be the day. 

This forum is a city of troll. Imagine if we'd do the same here.. Mad Cool (and NOS Alive) due to its youth, is one of the only major festivals in Europe where nearly none of us have inside info on that forum... (we used to but some members are not active anymore) Not useful at all, and funny at the beginning, but please keep trolling /fake news/whatever away from efestivals ;)

That also underlines the lack of communication of the festival... With a better way to announce names, we'd be discussing the beauty of The National's new single today and their breathtaking performances at festivals last year. 

I'm not sure they've done such a bad job of communication. They already have a lot of names, and 4 headliners released. Loads of other festivals have dropped news this week, so if we get another announcement by tomorrow then they're on track with everyone else.

It's better than what NOS are doing with their daily announcements of club stage acts, at least!

1 minute ago, jparx said:

I'm not sure they've done such a bad job of communication. They already have a lot of names, and 4 headliners released. Loads of other festivals have dropped news this week, so if we get another announcement by tomorrow then they're on track with everyone else.

It's better than what NOS are doing with their daily announcements of club stage acts, at least!

Not really imo cause Maribou State, George FitzGerald are international names and that's good to have them on clubbing stage. They didn't tease anything. A statement "Last names will be announced on..." will be super useful.. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

Not really imo cause Maribou State, George FitzGerald are international names and that's good to have them on clubbing stage. They didn't tease anything. A statement "Last names will be announced on..." will be super useful.. 

I guess following Glastonbury warps my perspective a bit. I agree it would be nice for them to give us a heads up of when to expect some news. Generally speaking though I prefer waiting a bit and getting a big announcement, than drip feeding names.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, jparx said:

Laughed with the NOS remark

They're speculating that Glastonbury and Mad Cool have a huge name to announce, and Mad Cool are having to wait until Glastonbury announces. Not sure I buy that, since Glastonbury seem to have The Killers and The Cure. The Killers can't do Mad Cool, and The Cure are already announced. Unless that info is wrong and there is a big name lurking, but I just don't see it.

8 minutes ago, jparx said:

They're speculating that Glastonbury and Mad Cool have a huge name to announce, and Mad Cool are having to wait until Glastonbury announces. Not sure I buy that, since Glastonbury seem to have The Killers and The Cure. The Killers can't do Mad Cool, and The Cure are already announced. Unless that info is wrong and there is a big name lurking, but I just don't see it.

No one ever waits for Glastonbury to announce its names. Glastonbury waits for everyone else to be done announcing names.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jparx said:

So what I can gather is:

They reckon MC went for a huge band, which fell through, and has delayed the announcement. They're annoyed that the festival has gone so quiet. 

Then loads of weird jokes I don't understand ?

Still thinking today could be the day. 

Surely the key post is this one from the Community Manager that the info came from before. Doesn't sound like it's too imminent from that but possibly something lost in (google) translation. 

@Lazaretto wrote:We are not in a hurry and we prefer to do things well , you will find sense in everything shortly. 

3 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Surely the key post is this one from the Community Manager that the info came from before. Doesn't sound like it's too imminent from that but possibly something lost in (google) translation. 

@Lazaretto wrote:We are not in a hurry and we prefer to do things well , you will find sense in everything shortly. 

Aye, and that person now seems to be getting a lot of flack ?

Not holding my breath for today since they've just tweeted about Vampire Weekend. 

It would be quite odd to drop a teaser on Sunday then not announce anything all week. I thought that was clearly the "it's this week guys!" hint, but maybe not.

1 minute ago, CANTSTOP said:

Where has the announcements at noon come from? Just noticed the last announcement was around 2pm GMT and the first was an evening announcement on the press day?

Nowhere - just speculation.

I thought the last announcement was noon GMT? I remember getting on a train when it dropped.

7 minutes ago, jparx said:

The Black Keys' new single is out. Mad Cool announcement to follow perhaps? Could tie in with Azkena guys comment "everything will make sense shortly"? 

I just came over to post the same thing.  I know there had been a leak of that song previously but I think the band had been silent on the issue.  

Would make sense if they had to wait till the band made a statement or released something before Mad Cool could announce them.   

3 minutes ago, Jaykc82 said:

I just came over to post the same thing.  I know there had been a leak of that song previously but I think the band had been silent on the issue.  

Would make sense if they had to wait till the band made a statement or released something before Mad Cool could announce them.   

Fingers crossed. It's certainly all we have to go on at the moment. Presumably they have tour dates to announce as well, so I wonder if they drop those later today and it syncs with Mad Cool's (and probably NOS too?) announcement.