Mad Cool 2019

Rico_Pliskin

How confident is everyone that it won't be a massive fuck up this year, organisational-wise? this is actually a pretty cheap option for me (at least to get to) and that first days line up is the best in Europe for me so far this year. Can I also confirm it was 9 euros a pint last year? 

2 minutes ago, DDave said:

How confident is everyone that it won't be a massive fuck up this year, organisational-wise? this is actually a pretty cheap option for me (at least to get to) and that first days line up is the best in Europe for me so far this year. Can I also confirm it was 9 euros a pint last year? 

it was 9 euros, 1 liter beer (almost 2 pints)

Organization was quite well last year during the last two days. This year the festival won't sell out, so I am pretty sure that there won't be any problems. Also with the 3-days ticket, the shuttle bus is included in it, so going back will be easier.

If you decide to go, just let me know! Never had a beer together in Hasselt, but Madrid is where I live, so you can count on it!

If you need any info, just PM me!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

it was 9 euros, 1 liter beer (almost 2 pints)

Organization was quite well last year during the last two days. This year the festival won't sell out, so I am pretty sure that there won't be any problems. Also with the 3-days ticket, the shuttle bus is included in it, so going back will be easier.

If you decide to go, just let me know! Never had a beer together in Hasselt, but Madrid is where I live, so you can count on it!

If you need any info, just PM me!!

Thanks mate will do ?. Hadn't really considered it but £65 flights and a hotel for not much more is very tempting.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, DDave said:

The festival has been much better after the first few hours of the first day (though I agree that it was tough, annoying and for some people even dangerous queuing outside for hours in the sun). After the rough start things got much better without many problems. I believe that even if it will be sold out eventually, the reduced capacity, one less stage and the learning process will make things easier this year. If the rumors of a smaller scale event on the same ground the day before is true than it will help too.

Regardless, I'd take a hat and a big bottle of water with me on the first day :)

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, jparx said:

Johnny Marr for Sziget. Would be a good addition for Mad Cool.

Also no Black Keys. Not sure if that changes the equation for Mad Cool/NOS. 

I've been listening to a fair bit of Johnny Marr because I'm seeing him at All Points East - his versions of the Smiths songs (few on Spotify) are fantastic.

Also, the new National song is pretty great. Sharon Van Etten on the new album too so a cameo at Mad Cool is nailed on, if it wasn't already. 17th May album release, set will no doubt be new album-dominated.

• Upvote 1

On 3/5/2019 at 11:02 AM, DDave said:

It wasn't even an issue after the first day.

• Upvote 1

0,33l beer was 3-4€ and ~1l was 9€ I think? Not terribly expensive in my opinion. 

There were massive queues for pepole without wristbands on the first day, whoever had wristbands shipped though got in in 5 minutes. 

Their whole sistem crashed so noone was able to get beer for about an hour - that coupled with inexperienced and badly organised bar staff resulted in a thirsty clusterfuck in the first couple of hours of the first day. Later on we used the bar by the smallest two stages and never queued for more than 5minutes.

Food prices and selection was ok.

Have yout wristband shipped, a hat, a bottle of water (cap off and they might let you in), avoid biggest bars at peak times and have fun. 

22 hours ago, jparx said:

Johnny Marr for Sziget. Would be a good addition for Mad Cool.

Also no Black Keys. Not sure if that changes the equation for Mad Cool/NOS. 

omg hope you're right, dying for Johnny Marr

1 hour ago, aaronch95 said:

So, food and drink is expensive at the festival?

or is it always in big cup?

From what I remember, food wasn't too bad - think I paid 9/10 Euro for a burger and fries, which is about the same I expect to pay in certain restaurants.

Drink, on the other hand, was much more than I had anticipated. Think I was charged 4 Euro for a Coke. Part of that was the big cup. Which I thought I had read somewhere you could return for a partial refund but apparently not.

Edited by charlierc

5 hours ago, clasher said:

0,33l beer was 3-4€ and ~1l was 9€ I think? Not terribly expensive in my opinion. 

There were massive queues for pepole without wristbands on the first day, whoever had wristbands shipped though got in in 5 minutes. 

Their whole sistem crashed so noone was able to get beer for about an hour - that coupled with inexperienced and badly organised bar staff resulted in a thirsty clusterfuck in the first couple of hours of the first day. Later on we used the bar by the smallest two stages and never queued for more than 5minutes.

Food prices and selection was ok.

Have yout wristband shipped, a hat, a bottle of water (cap off and they might let you in), avoid biggest bars at peak times and have fun. 

cheers captain obvious 

• Downvote 1