Mad Cool 2019

Rico_Pliskin

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Aye. It would have to be the Thursday surely, and we have two headliners for that day. 

I'm expecting a headliner for Friday and possibly another for Saturday, although I guess The Cure can be the sole headliner that day. Can't see Neil Young doing Friday, Saturday and Sunday at all.

It's Thursday we have space, 2 spaces taken on Friday. I agree the Cure could be the sole headliner Saturday but who knows at this stage. Any of 4, 5 or 6 headliners in total is possible. I'm optimistic about this week for the first time in ages though with it being end of the month/payday.

4 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

It's Thursday we have space, 2 spaces taken on Friday. I agree the Cure could be the sole headliner Saturday but who knows at this stage. Any of 4, 5 or 6 headliners in total is possible. I'm optimistic about this week for the first time in ages though with it being end of the month/payday.

You're right - sorry I was getting mixed up ? 

I think we're at least getting one more headliner. I'd be quite surprised if it's just the 4 we already have, but I am happy with all of them.

Yep I'm also getting a good feeling this week. 

Edited by jparx

I'm throwing out Dylan's name for the Thursday/Saturday. He's just been announced for Roskilde without Neil Young, so he's taking festival dates outside of his tour with Neil. He's also doing three shows in a row at the start of July, so the precedent is there. Since Neil played Mad Cool quite recently, perhaps they've approached Dylan to come over do it on his own. One of the rumours we had before Christmas was an act that started in the 60s, which we assumed was Iggy, but perhaps it refers to Dylan as a headliner? Perhaps the announcement has been hold off so he can sell more tickets for his other Spanish shows as well, so that could explain why they're making us wait.

Just throwing it out there. A new name to chew over at least. Flo on the Thursday and Dylan on the Saturday could work.

38 minutes ago, jparx said:

I'm throwing out Dylan's name for the Thursday/Saturday. He's just been announced for Roskilde without Neil Young, so he's taking festival dates outside of his tour with Neil. He's also doing three shows in a row at the start of July, so the precedent is there. Since Neil played Mad Cool quite recently, perhaps they've approached Dylan to come over do it on his own. One of the rumours we had before Christmas was an act that started in the 60s, which we assumed was Iggy, but perhaps it refers to Dylan as a headliner? Perhaps the announcement has been hold off so he can sell more tickets for his other Spanish shows as well, so that could explain why they're making us wait.

Just throwing it out there. A new name to chew over at least. Flo on the Thursday and Dylan on the Saturday could work.

He's playing like 6 days in Spain from April/May. 

Maybe a bit overkill on Mumbles. 

17 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

He's playing like 6 days in Spain from April/May. 

Maybe a bit overkill on Mumbles. 

He's also doing a load of dates in Germany around that time and also returning in the Summer. 

His dates are bizarre. He just bounces around countries seemingly at random. I really think he could be a candidate.

Edited by jparx

18 minutes ago, jparx said:

He's also doing a load of dates in Germany around that time and also returning in the Summer. 

His dates are bizarre. He just bounces around countries seemingly at random. I really think he could be a candidate.

He's like a human pinball, bouncing around occasionally playing a song fans recognise. (in the right key/tempo)

I'd have to say people that go to see him must be die hard fans. A casual wouldn't survive from what i've heard. 

12 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

He's like a human pinball, bouncing around occasionally playing a song fans recognise. (in the right key/tempo)

I'd have to say people that go to see him must be die hard fans. A casual wouldn't survive from what i've heard. 

Yeah that's what I hear too. It just seems a bit odd to me, though, that he's starting to do bigger festival shows. Maybe he's got a more casual friendly set lined up for his upcoming tour? He's one of those acts where it really could be something special if he played the right tunes, but he seems reluctant to do that. 

15 minutes ago, jparx said:

Yeah that's what I hear too. It just seems a bit odd to me, though, that he's starting to do bigger festival shows. Maybe he's got a more casual friendly set lined up for his upcoming tour? He's one of those acts where it really could be something special if he played the right tunes, but he seems reluctant to do that. 

Not just set-list choices, quite a lot of people (here and in the outside world) have said even the songs you know sound entirely different and you don't even know it's that song until way into it. Personally cba with that.

On a side note that I don't think I've seen mentioned here, found out that Flo's Madrid show isn't sold out so they may just be waiting for that to announce her for the Thursday. 

12 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Not just set-list choices, quite a lot of people (here and in the outside world) have said even the songs you know sound entirely different and you don't even know it's that song until way into it. Personally cba with that.

On a side note that I don't think I've seen mentioned here, found out that Flo's Madrid show isn't sold out so they may just be waiting for that to announce her for the Thursday. 

Yep that's definitely the case. I'm quite in to the different versions though. He's never going to just stand there with an acoustic and harmonica and play them like it's 1964 again. I totally get that it turns a lot of people off, but IMO he's still a headliner (clearly, as he's booked for BST and Roskilde) and I'd like to see him.

Interesting note on Flo. That may well be why it's being held off. 

9 hours ago, anacostales said:

have we given up on the stones yet? they are touring US & CANADA but haven’t announced anything for july, i think...  (i don’t know if they do festivals but MC suits them)

There is no way they will afford to book The Rolling Stones. New Orleans Jazz Festival have them and they are selling their own day for $125 separate from other days. Even Coachella was not able to book them back in 2013. 

8 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

There is no way they will afford to book The Rolling Stones. New Orleans Jazz Festival have them and they are selling their own day for $125 separate from other days. Even Coachella was not able to book them back in 2013. 

They played Pinkpop & Roskilde in 2014

A reply on instagram saying "Todavía queda mucho cartel por anunciar... seguro que conseguimos sorprenderte. La espera está a punto de termina" - translating as "There is still a lot of sign to announce ... surely we got surprised. The wait is about to end".

11 hours ago, anacostales said:

have we given up on the stones yet? they are touring US & CANADA but haven’t announced anything for july, i think...  (i don’t know if they do festivals but MC suits them)

I've just given up, to be honest.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Kusy said:

I'll bet on Perry Farrell, Robert Plant, Raconteurs, Skunk Anansie and Parcels

I've seen these from a couple people on the Azkena Rocks forums as being bands that will be there.  Did you get those names from there or another source? 

11 hours ago, Jaykc82 said:

Assuming Robert Plant is there.  Any possibility of a super group jam session with Plant, Wolfmother and GVF? (Clearly kidding but I would find it funny to have all three at the same festival)

it would be funny that GVT trolled  everyone  about criticism about being a Led Zeppeling cover band,  by  inviting Robert Plant to sing a song with them