Mad Cool 2019

Rico_Pliskin

4 hours ago, The Martini Police said:

Quite hard to believe someone who claimed Foals were ‘TBA this week’ in early December ? also who announces things at midnight?

No need to try and embarrass me. Foals announcement was moved to Feb due to contractual issues but believe what you like, I know I’m right.

• Downvote 4

Was checking out Florence and the machines tour and it seems they are in Madrid in March, I'm guessing that would make them unlikely to play Madrid again in July.

Also I hope we get the rest of the lineup soon, as is I'm already on edge and getting excited at a random person saying the lineup would be released last Friday night at Midnight, lol.  Looks like last year final lineup was announced mid January but year before wasnt until February 8.  Guessing the addition of the extra day (assuming that is legit) may also be complicating the announcements.

12 minutes ago, Jaykc82 said:

Was checking out Florence and the machines tour and it seems they are in Madrid in March, I'm guessing that would make them unlikely to play Madrid again in July.

Also I hope we get the rest of the lineup soon, as is I'm already on edge and getting excited at a random person saying the lineup would be released last Friday night at Midnight, lol.  Looks like last year final lineup was announced mid January but year before wasnt until February 8.  Guessing the addition of the extra day (assuming that is legit) may also be complicating the announcements.

She's doing a quick European tour in the Spring, but she's returning to Belgium and Italy again in the summer for festivals, so playing Madrid in March doesn't rule her out at all. She clearly has some more European festival shows to announce - I can't imagine her summer tour is that sparse. She's the most likely headliner IMO, almost by virtue of being the most realistic option yet to be ruled out. 

8 minutes ago, young_contra said:

I don't think that any of these posts ever mean much unless there is some interaction via comments and such

This is what these forums are for.  Dissecting everything the festival posts on social media trying to find a hidden message like we were a bunch of love struck teens reading through a mundane message we got from our crush, trying to read the tone and dissecting every word used. 

Edited by Jaykc82

31 minutes ago, Jaykc82 said:

This is what these forums are for.  Dissecting everything the festival posts on social media trying to find a hidden message like we were a bunch of love struck teens reading through a mundane message we got from our crush, trying to read the tone and dissecting every word used. 

Haha yes, but in this case there's nothing suggestive. It's not like APE tweeting Strokes lyrics the night before for example. 

On another note, the APE info made me wonder if we've had anything to rule out Mumford & Sons. Can anyone remember?

12 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Haha yes, but in this case there's nothing suggestive. It's not like APE tweeting Strokes lyrics the night before for example. 

On another note, the APE info made me wonder if we've had anything to rule out Mumford & Sons. Can anyone remember?

I seem to remember us ruling them out for some reason, but now I'm worried that was just wishful thinking!