Mad Cool 2019

Rico_Pliskin

12 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Having seen the national last year headlining I can say with comfort they aren't a headliner for this level of festival.

Unless their new album is a new direction my mind won't have changed. I'll still go see them at mad cool cause I've yet to hear 'about today' live.

But they're not a headliner like QOTSA are a headliner. 

Good headliners for small and mid tier indie festies though. Like down the rabbit hole and forbidden fruit.

Even the war on drugs are more of a headliner than the national.

The War on Drugs literally subbed the National at APE last year and played below them at Primavera the day before. Do you mean you just preferred their performances/their music?

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

The War on Drugs literally subbed the National at APE last year and played below them at Primavera the day before. Do you mean you just preferred their performances/their music?

Having seen them headline at separate events even with my personal preference towards the national I have come to the conclusion that the war on drugs are more of a worthy headliner than the national.

Both performed well and the national imo have better songs but I felt with the war on drugs I actually watched a headliner.

Kinda when I first saw Bon Iver. Same level as the national but only one of them felt like a headliner. Bon Iver.

Draw from that what you will, its entirely subjective of course.

7 hours ago, Colouring Book said:

Do you think that is relating to the wait time for another announcement or ticket sales might be over soon? Still haven't bought my ticket yet. 

I'd say they're more likely to be hinting at an announcement. If tickets were running low they'd post something explicitly about that I reckon. 

I see. Well if Florence gets announced for the Thursday I think we can at least all agree that day is absolutely stacked in terms of the stature of the acts. We'll be looking at a main stage rotation of something like (Tash or a smaller act) > The Hives > Iggy Pop > Noel G > Florence > Bon Iver > Vampire Weekend > Chem Bros. Huge.

2 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

I see. Well if Florence gets announced for the Thursday I think we can at least all agree that day is absolutely stacked in terms of the stature of the acts. We'll be looking at a main stage rotation of something like (Tash or a smaller act) > The Hives > Iggy Pop > Noel G > Florence > Bon Iver > Vampire Weekend > Chem Bros. Huge.

True, actually I'm not too worried now I think if it, I imagine there will be something nice on a smaller stage at the same time. 

Very excited for vampire weekend.

29 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Damn that would be awesome. Flo > Bon Iver would be two of my ten favourite acts of all time back to back. I've never seen two bands who I love that much back to back, and then the National are also a top 10 favourite as well! Could be a special few days.

14 minutes ago, clasher said:

You don't want them back to back tho, with two alternating main stages it's impossible to get a good spot for both... 

I meant they are the acts I'll see back to back. You're right, you could use a buffer in between!