Mad Cool 2019

Rico_Pliskin

Ok so don’t groan but I reckon it could be The Strokes on Day 0.

They would have to add a day to fit them in and they’re obviously not exclusive. Then it’s apparently on the grounds (unlike MGMT) and they wouldn’t bother with that for anything small - reduced capacity ofc but I imagine the day would be a single stage so that’s sensible - and I’m sure it’d be great for weekend tickets even if it is a separately ticketed event.

18 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Ok so don’t groan but I reckon it could be The Strokes on Day 0.

They would have to add a day to fit them in and they’re obviously not exclusive. Then it’s apparently on the grounds (unlike MGMT) and they wouldn’t bother with that for anything small - reduced capacity ofc but I imagine the day would be a single stage so that’s sensible - and I’m sure it’d be great for weekend tickets even if it is a separately ticketed event.

Nice one for adding yet another loop to my ‘can I see the Strokes in 2019?’ emotional rollercoaster. 

Would Jules fancy the 5 days in a row with travelling in between though? ?

22 minutes ago, Paddyc82 said:

This is my first time going to this festival any tips for a newbie already have my flights n apt booked so like what to bring to the gig and general stuff,  cheers 

Money and a sense of adventure. 

maybe a light jacket for the evening when the temperature drops and a battery pack for charging your phone if you need it. 

Don't forget to bring the 'Good times'. 

Edited by Rico_Pliskin
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Paddyc82 said:

This is my first time going to this festival any tips for a newbie already have my flights n apt booked so like what to bring to the gig and general stuff,  cheers 

I hope you ordered the wristband to your home, otherwise you may have to wait for hours in the sun and heat to exchange it on the first day.

And learn some Spanish, a big beer at mad cool is called "mini" ;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

Yeah let's get some of Hot Chip.

How do the Spanish festivals usually cooperate with each other? Do they tend to share acts or are they usually exclusive?

They share quite a bit, usually the lower tier acts though.

Young fathers and Porches were at both BBK and Mad Cool last year.

I'd say this year with the supposed lack of acts touring you may see more shares. 

1 minute ago, Colouring Book said:

Where is everyone staying for this? We booked a nice hostel in the city centre but no pool. We're thinking of looking for somewhere different? Has anyone got the address or location of the festival please so we can look at distances etc. I couldn't see the actual address online. 

You want to look for "Valdebebas" on Google Maps. 

I agree - finding the address was a real pain. They need to make that more clear.

We've just booked a hotel near the airport for convenience getting to and from the festival. There seems to a be a split between people that would rather stay in the city so they can sight see/drink during the day, and people who would rather stay closer to the festival to minimise traffic headaches. I guess it's down to what you would prefer!

1 hour ago, Colouring Book said:

Where is everyone staying for this? We booked a nice hostel in the city centre but no pool. We're thinking of looking for somewhere different? Has anyone got the address or location of the festival please so we can look at distances etc. I couldn't see the actual address online. 

Last year I rented a flat with some mates, better value for money than a hostel IMO. Its between Valdebebas and Ifema (Feria de Madrid) and from the city its easy to get there. From the city take the Train  C1 or C 10 to Valdebebas station or Metro line 8 to Feria de Madrid station. To get back, its maybe harder. I think at the moment, they don't know if the will have a Metro  service running during the night. Las year I always used the shuttle bus. They took us either to Plaza de Colón or to Plaza de Castilla. I found it quite tricky to catch a cab at night to get back, maybe i was at the wrong place...

We stayed at mola hostel last year and booked again this year. Everyone in our room was going to the festival so it was a bit like staying at a campsite with everyone swapping stories. It was clean, massive social area downstairs and a few mins from Sol station in the city center. Would  recommend :)