Mad Cool 2019

Rico_Pliskin

1 hour ago, birchtree29 said:

The festival site moved after 2017 not after 2018. They said in a press conference that they will have more shuttles and metro will be open until 5 am but it's not confirmed yet. I haven't stayed at OK Hostel but I booked an airbnb close to it last year. We took a taxi from mytaxi app for around 15 euros to go to the festival. The return was a hassle though. We tried to get a taxi near the metro station but it was not very easy. We used the shuttle once too but it took a lot longer compared to just getting a taxi.

Thanks. Would have no problem sharing a taxi out as there will be a few in our group. Getting home is the issue it seems. Hopefully the metro will work out or they will put on shuttles. 

2 hours ago, Colouring Book said:

I think we are opting for Mad Cool over NOS Lisbon. Mad Cool line up seems more expansive and the festival site seems bigger with more to do and see. We've booked OK Hostel in Madrid. Has anyone stayed here? Apparently they do all you can eat and drink buffets in the evening for cheap. What's it like to get from city center to festival and back? I had been reading up on it but that was before the festival site moved. 

I found it easy to get there. From the city take the Train  C1 or C 10 to Valdebebas station or Metro line 8 to Feria de Madrid station.  To get back, its maybe harder. I think at the moment, they don't know if the will have a Metro  service running during the night. Las year I always used the shuttle bus. They took us either to Plaza de Colón or to Plaza de Castilla. I found it quite tricky to catch a cab at night to get back, maybe i was at the wrong place...

Edited by berger55

26 minutes ago, Jaykc82 said:

How was the shuttle bus system last year? We got a hotel right next to Plaza de Colon because of the shuttle which I understood went there. 

It was a bit a mess, but it works. Sometimes I had to change the bus. Luckily the people where helpful. I din't bought any tickets in advance. Some times i had to buy a bus ticket from the driver, but sometimes it was free...no idea why.

8 minutes ago, Colouring Book said:

Will there still be taxis at the Metro stop or at Plaza de Colon at 4am? Our hotel is about 30 mins walk from Plaza de Colon and I'd much prefer a taxi at that time after a long day. 

Usually yes, its a weekend. But it willy be busy and you may have to wait some minutes. Or you can order an Uber or mytaxi.

The metro station was Nuevos Ministerios

What's the sound like at Mad Cool? At NOS they quite clearly turned the PA down after about 11pm and the atmosphere suffered if you were stood in the back half of the crowd. Is that the same at Mad Cool? I understand the need to lower volume late at night due to sound pollution in the middle of a city but it'd be good to know in advance if I should make an effort to get closer to the front.

4 minutes ago, jparx said:

What's the sound like at Mad Cool? At NOS they quite clearly turned the PA down after about 11pm and the atmosphere suffered if you were stood in the back half of the crowd. Is that the same at Mad Cool? I understand the need to lower volume late at night due to sound pollution in the middle of a city but it'd be good to know in advance if I should make an effort to get closer to the front.

I don't think it got quieter as the nights went on. To be honest I thought the sound and the visuals were the best I'd seen at any festival. 

15 hours ago, jparx said:

Absolutely no complain about the sound quality! It was a great experience for my ears.

2 minutes ago, Kusy said:

LN teased The Who shows. Maybe...? 

Daltrey can't perform in the heat anymore, that's what he said in a recent interview. Madrid is crazy hot mostly in July. I'd imagine they'd play BST in London that weekend instead.

Plus they did Mad cool in 2016

Edited by Rico_Pliskin

3 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Daltrey can't perform in the heat anymore, that's what he said in a recent interview. Madrid is crazy hot mostly in July. I'd imagine they'd play BST in London that weekend instead.

Plus they did Mad cool in 2016

The temperatures are fine at headliner o'clock. Agree with the rest, the only thing that makes it possible in my opinion is the lack of headliner material on tour this year.

1 hour ago, Karlos12345 said:

The weekend is already fully booked.

You're right about that weekend being booked out. British summer time last year was over two weekends. I think it's possible if they're doing that format this year The Who may be on the first weekend. 

I don't think Mad cool would be on their schedule though. But I guess we'll see very soon.

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 2:28 PM, berger55 said:

Usually yes, its a weekend. But it willy be busy and you may have to wait some minutes. Or you can order an Uber or mytaxi.

The metro station was Nuevos Ministerios

It was from beyond there where I found things a bit chaotic. Annoyingly they shut the other Metro/Cercinias lines, and one of them was by my hotel. So I wound up on the bus from there without knowing where it was going along with many others.

Kinda happy I actually ended up at the bottom of the hill near the place I was staying tbh. Was initially convinced I would end up somewhere else entirely.

12 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Anyone know of any reason why RHCP won't play this? Confirmed for a festival in Japan in August:

https://consequenceofsound.net/festival/summer-sonic-2019/

My best guesses for final headliners are Florence and Chilis. Who else do we think are still in the running?

One of the people involved with the festival said on the Azkena Rock Forum that RHCP weren’t coming.