Mad Cool 2019

Rico_Pliskin

4 minutes ago, weirdfishes said:

They said that in early january they have big surprises for us 

Most of the bigger names from that announcement look to be on the Thursday so I think there's a few more big names for Friday and Saturday. Still think Florence will be on there with The National.

6 minutes ago, gregory said:

Well done whoever guessed Iggy and Chems. Robyn was the 1989 one though (according to Wiki). 2 of the 4 didn’t get announced today, so guess they’re being saved. 

Y’all forgot to mention Eric Prydz though ?

Thanks. Happy mostly but looking forward to the January announcements. 

Was weird over in the Spanish forum. They made a username trick. I thought everyone in multiple threads were quoting me and saying I sent them private messages. 

Very man on the moon esque

Full list:

Charlotte de Witte 
The Chemical Brothers 
Delaporte 
Disclosure DJ SET 
Doblecapa 
Eric Prydz 
George FitzGerald 
Haai 
H.ER 
Iggy Pop 
JASSS 
Lala Lala 
Le Butcherettes 
Miles Kane 
Mitu 
Nao 
Robyn 
Sharon Van Etten 
Tokimonsta 
Valeras 
Vince Staples 
Years & Years 
Yonaka

16 minutes ago, gregory said:

Full list:

Charlotte de Witte 
The Chemical Brothers 
Delaporte 
Disclosure DJ SET 
Doblecapa 
Eric Prydz 
George FitzGerald 
Haai 
H.ER 
Iggy Pop 
JASSS 
Lala Lala 
Le Butcherettes 
Miles Kane 
Mitu 
Nao 
Robyn 
Sharon Van Etten 
Tokimonsta 
Valeras 
Vince Staples 
Years & Years 
Yonaka

Decent. Not hitting the heights of this year but decent all the same.

Edit - the Thursday is amazing!

Edited by DDave

I had every intention of skipping this, but this lineup is starting to come together nicely. My only real complaints about last year was the location and them overselling it a bit, but trimming off the 5-10k attendees as rumored should help. Not to mention there’s no guarantee this will sell out like last year. 

Edited by ThisIsHappening

20 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Is that not already more than last year? :P

This year had Post Malone and Kase.O. There's more R&B that's for sure but I think that's okay. You're pushing yourself into a corner if you're only willing to book indie and rock acts mixed with some dance in between.

On 12/24/2018 at 10:24 AM, arcuse said:

This year had Post Malone and Kase.O. There's more R&B that's for sure but I think that's okay. You're pushing yourself into a corner if you're only willing to book indie and rock acts mixed with some dance in between.

Mick Jenkins too, If I recall correctly. I think there was another hip hop act who cancelled months before the festival, but I don't remember its name.

Anyway, I think this fest is somewhat averse to booking hip hop acts so I wouldn't expect any major rapper besides Staples. But who knows, we'll see...

Just booked this and tied it in with a beach holiday in Portugal. That's our summer holiday sorted! Super chuffed with the lineup, even if the additions in the New Year don't float my boat.

What's the area like around the festival? When I went to NOS there was nothing of note around, so you'd just arrive for the festival and head home. Is this the same deal? It looks in the middle of nowhere on the outskirts - is that the case?