Mad Cool 2019

Rico_Pliskin

1 minute ago, birchtree29 said:

Doktor Music just announced The Voidz. The Strokes and The Voidz are out of Mad Cool and Nos Alive. I can’t believe how they missed them. 

you just said it’s still possible here:

38 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

The Smashing Pumpkins are going to be at Mad Cool, Nos Alive and Doktor Music so it’s not really impossible. It depends on their agreement with both Bilbao BBK and Doktor Music and which day the Voidz will perform at Bilbao BBK

it’s really difficult for me to believe mad cool let them go, i believe many people will buy tickets for bbk instead of mad cool bc of the strokes............. let’s wait for the announcements, as you said, it’s still possible....

2 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

Doktor Music just announced The Voidz. The Strokes and The Voidz are out of Mad Cool and Nos Alive. I can’t believe how they missed them. 

We don't know their pricetag and wishes. Doubt whether Mad Cool and NOS Alive wants them as outright headliners and pay the big money. Smaller BBK and Doctor Music can have them as headliners and maybe for slightly less money. Plus maybe the thing with The Voidz.

Just now, anacostales said:

you just said it’s still possible here:

I said it’s possible because I didn’t think they will announce the Voidz as well. There is no way two band sharing the same member will travel three different cities in Spain in three days. Mad Cool just missed the big band that could’ve made them talked about again

40 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

Lazaretto just said they will make an announcement before Christmas.

I'd just said to myself I'd stop hoping and checking at the key times. They're leaving it very late. Question for anyone knowledgeable on this kinda stuff - how exactly do festivals ensure they don't announce at the same time? I'm talking about the posters really, not tweeting an act.

45 minutes ago, Jaykc82 said:

Any possibility 2007 is Florence and the Machine? They are playing with the National on the 13th in Hyde Park.  Mumford and Sons also started in 2007

I've thought for a while Flo could be on this lineup but people haven't really mentioned it. Seems like a good fit to me but I'm by no means an expert in this festival! Flo as headliner above The National would be ace imo, then Chems on the same day as Bon Iver?

35 minutes ago, jparx said:

I've thought for a while Flo could be on this lineup but people haven't really mentioned it. Seems like a good fit to me but I'm by no means an expert in this festival! Flo as headliner above The National would be ace imo, then Chems on the same day as Bon Iver?

I'm thinking exactly the same thing, yep. Think it could be be either way round between them but I think both will be there.

24 minutes ago, TapeRecorder said:

When did this sell out last year? Or when do people think it would sell out this year

Only speaking about 3-day tickets:
Regular tickets initially sold out at January 11th. But I believe they later released couple of hundreds of extra tickets on several occasions. VIP tickets I think at the end of the month. Day tickets took way longer, depending on the day. 

For coming year it will probably completely different. So far less names announced, line-up seems less spectacular than last year, regular Glastonbury year etc. Plus some of the backlash of the organisational mess of the first day (people may be bit hesitant?). Not sure if they reduced their capacity by 5-10k per day. Guess it's safe to say it will not sell out in January, but really hard to tell when it will. If they all of a sudden do begin to announce loads of big and interesting names it may go pretty fast. Festival hasn't been around long enough to give a good estimation. Flights may get more expensive though if you wait longer and since you can't camp you depend on accommodations in the city. 

• Upvote 1