Mad Cool 2019

Rico_Pliskin

2 minutes ago, Orens said:

Don't expect The Strokes at Mad Cool.

Gutted about that. But overall, the damage (in terms of acts ruled out of Mad Cool) is very limited (for me, at least). 

Also, just noticed that Florence and the Machine are playing in Madrid in March - guessing that rules them out? Thought it made a lot of sense until I saw that.

16 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Could anyone be so kind as to tell me a little about the vibe of the festival, food and drinks in the place, bringing in your alcohol too, the crowd, sound, atmosphere etc etc? Thanks

It's more like a big gig vibe than a festival vibe IMO.  Obvs due to there being no camping.  Good options for the food although the queues can get hectic.  Can't bring your own alcohol in.  The crowd are a bit 'instagrammy' tbh but the sound is generally superb from the 2 main stages

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

But I can sneak a bit of rum down my trousers without too mush hassle right? How much is a pint going to cost? Cheers

They didn't really do an intense pat down last year since there were so many people, you could sneak alcohol pretty easily in a back pocket or in the bottom of your bag

Everyone seems to be ruling out The Strokes. But If MadCool runs Thursday - Saturday, and Bilbao BBK Friday - Sunday, it would make a lot of sense to do both over that four day spell? Play Bilbao Sunday, Madrid Thursday or Friday? 

A joint headline slot (like QOTS & Depeche Mode did last year) with The Strokes and The National on the Friday would be huge. 

8 minutes ago, ryan.wills said:

Everyone seems to be ruling out The Strokes. But If MadCool runs Thursday - Saturday, and Bilbao BBK Friday - Sunday, it would make a lot of sense to do both over that four day spell? Play Bilbao Sunday, Madrid Thursday or Friday? 

A joint headline slot (like QOTS & Depeche Mode did last year) with The Strokes and The National on the Friday would be huge. 

The one day it definitely won't be is Friday. BBK is Thurs-Sat, same as Mad Cool. The Voidz and The Strokes are both playing BBK so if it happens it'd be Thursday or Saturday with JC's 2 bands playing consecutive days in Bilbao. One thing that makes it a lot less likely though, is the lack of overlap between the two festival's acts. I'm not sure there were any in 2018 and it's just that Spanish band for 2019 so far.

39 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

The one day it definitely won't be is Friday. BBK is Thurs-Sat, same as Mad Cool. The Voidz and The Strokes are both playing BBK so if it happens it'd be Thursday or Saturday with JC's 2 bands playing consecutive days in Bilbao. One thing that makes it a lot less likely though, is the lack of overlap between the two festival's acts. I'm not sure there were any in 2018 and it's just that Spanish band for 2019 so far.

In 2018 the overlap was Porches. and Morgan. And Friendly Fires replaced Glass Animals at MC, so three smaller acts. 

Quick look at 2017, just see Cage The Elephant at both. Also not a headliner, bit of a third or fourth down act in Europe.

Edit: 2016 isn't really a fair comparison because they didn't share weekends, Mad Cool was three weeks earlier. At least they shared Editors. 

Edited by StupidDream

3 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

they won't be at either, it's sure now.

The Smashing Pumpkins are going to be at Mad Cool, Nos Alive and Doktor Music so it’s not really impossible. It depends on their agreement with both Bilbao BBK and Doktor Music and which day the Voidz will perform at Bilbao BBK

Edited by birchtree29