Mad Cool 2019

Rico_Pliskin

Bon Iver is defo worthy of headline slot, besides he hasn't been in the festival circuit for a couple of years. So it's an artist that a lot of people had not seen.

Edited by A-Rob

6 minutes ago, Ruby Zola said:

Can’t decide between mad cool and Sziget. Can anyone help me make this decision? Line up for Szigest looks the better of the 2 at the moment.

However Sziget is a 7days festival. 

I've never been to MC so I can't say which is better but I'm sure it's two experiences totally different, it depends on what you are searching for. 

14 minutes ago, Ruby Zola said:

Can’t decide between mad cool and Sziget. Can anyone help me make this decision? Line up for Szigest looks the better of the 2 at the moment.

Sziget is an amazing festival if you want to enjoy a festival full-experience (music, people, camping...)

Mad Cool is just music. You have to stay in a hotel or apartment, but you will enjoy an amazing line-up, great sound quality...

30 minutes ago, Ruby Zola said:

Been to both. If you think Sziget has a better lineup go to Sziget, cause except music Mad Cool has nothing, while Sziget even when lacking of interesting acts in a day (which happens at least 1-2 days per edition) has a lot of things to offer

This is what I love about Sziget, there's always something on even if the acts that day don't do if for you. Realistically in a 7 day festival there will always be a couple of days where there isn't a blockbuster headliner you want to see, but you can go to the circus, go and watch some caberet, go to that weird aerialist street theatre thing near the entrance. You're never going to be bored. 

Mad Cool is all about the music so it lives or dies on the line up in my opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Chances of Twin Atlantic returning? New album before next summer, played the first edition to a decent size crowd and went down well… only show of 2019 announced is with 1975 in Glasgow, who are of course already booked to play

14 hours ago, Ruby Zola said:

Havent been yet to mad cool so cant compare but if you are going to Sziget be prepared for extremly dusty air ( if you are comming seven days in row you will cough black dirt at least 5 days after it ) and there will be lots of drunk wasted teengers vomiting all around and crowd is extremly loud during concerts( mostly thx to drunk teens but like really really drunk you must see it to belive it people jumping in mud is not rare thing to see )..I can compare crowd with Primavera and its eniterly different world in favor for Primavera audience, some  say crowd can be loud at Primavera those people havnt been to Sziget :)... plus for Sziget is that they really have rich non music program from circus theater all kind of workshops so there is always something to do ( if you have strong lungs because if not dust will be your worst enemy )  and you will never find so many drunk easy chicks as you can find them on Sziget :) line up cant compare, mad cool is another league

Edited by n=Nowheretohide

people go more to sziget to find fuck budy get drunk and high then to listen music... ( just check last year reddit page of sziget tehre is at least 1000  discussion but I think its actually more where people only discussed how and where to find drugs rarely anybody spoke about music )  and that is fact and everyone who has been to sziget at least once knows that ( maybe they dont want to admit it but thats different story)...After death of one of the Sziget founder they totaly lost its course and destroyed themselves become more of mtv festival with shitty lineup...I live close so I still visit when there is something interesting  but Sziget lost his glory that once had

Edited by n=Nowheretohide

On 12/2/2018 at 11:39 AM, A-Rob said:

Bon Iver is defo worthy of headline slot, besides he hasn't been in the festival circuit for a couple of years. So it's an artist that a lot of people had not seen.

Compared to 2018's headliners (and even the majority of the subs), Bon Iver as a headline would be an enormous step down.

5 hours ago, 40 Days said:

Compared to 2018's headliners (and even the majority of the subs), Bon Iver as a headline would be an enormous step down.

Agree, Bon Iver shouldn’t headline any Major European music festival. They would not get near a headline slot at the likes of Glastonbury, Reading and Leeds etc so how they are up so high on this Bill I don’t know. 

5 hours ago, n=Nowheretohide said:

if anyone wants to exchange two 2 Mad Cool VIP tickets for 2 Primavera VIP  tickets ( which I unfortunately have ) please DM...

Jizzus mate, don't you like the new normal? I honestly want to go to NOS Alive, but with all the male artists, it just seems a bit too sexist for me. I mean you wouldn't sacrifice the gender equality just for the sake of a quality lineup, would you? 

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1