Mad Cool 2019

Rico_Pliskin

16 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Didn’t they do this last year for about a month and then end with a big day of 20 acts? If so you’ve all got that to look forward to soon 

yeah, i remember. the hint was the coordinates for the city of the bands. i might be wrong, but weren't the bands better known than the last 4 or 5 announcements? 

1 hour ago, neacaisa said:

it's the most boring way to announce the line up. if this was done the old way, with 20 something acts announced in a day, i think the impact would have been way better. 

Agree - it's fucking agonising. Daily announcements would work if it was large acts being announced, when it's smaller artists it's just laborious.

2 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

Didn’t they do this last year for about a month and then end with a big day of 20 acts? If so you’ve all got that to look forward to soon 

Yes but last year the bands were much bigger compared to what have been announced this year. Last year until Nov 20, we have already known Depeche Mode, QOTSA, Massive Attack, NIN,MGMT, Jack Johnson, Future Islands, Fleet Foxes, Ofenbach, Real Estate, Angel Stanich, Yo La Tengo, Black Pistol Fire, La moda. They should announce another headliner tomorrow

Edited by birchtree29

17 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

Yes but last year the bands were much bigger compared to what have been announced this year. Last year until Nov 20, we have already known Depeche Mode, QOTSA, Massive Attack, NIN,MGMT, Jack Johnson, Future Islands, Fleet Foxes, Ofenbach, Real Estate, Angel Stanich, Yo La Tengo, Black Pistol Fire, La moda. They should announce another headliner tomorrow

I was commenting on the announcement structure rahter than the size of the bands, really 

46 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

Last year they were vying for Glastonbury goers and aiming to plant their flag on the world festival scene. They've done that now, and can afford to go a bit easier this time.

Yeah and the number 10 has nowt to do with Radiohead, unless it was 10 bands ending with Radiohead. But if they were announcing Radiohead tomorrow I think it'd be just then.

The whole theme of the announcements has been maths. Just because the theme last year was geography we didn't have a headliner that had anything to do with geography.

17 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Yeah and the number 10 has nowt to do with Radiohead, unless it was 10 bands ending with Radiohead. But if they were announcing Radiohead tomorrow I think it'd be just then.

The whole theme of the announcements has been maths. Just because the theme last year was geography we didn't have a headliner that had anything to do with geography.

Exactly