Mad Cool 2019

Rico_Pliskin

18 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

what is this supposed to mean?

There were not any stock photos of Vampire Weekend without Rostam who left the band after they ended the tour in 2014. Mad Cool wanted to use some of their live photos from their concerts this year and probably some of their older photos but Vampire Weekend didn't accepted any of them and they only used the letters just like Arctic Monkeys did before the new album's announcement.

1 hour ago, neacaisa said:

surely at least 2 bands with no dates yet. safe bets should be smashing pumpkins and rhcp, who would both fit well. personally, i hope it's not foo fighters again and they will tour in the second half of the summer in Europe.

mccartney would be a big surprise and i would like to see him.

The Strokes are suppossdly headlining Latitude so they seem an obvious one. Something like:

Macca

The Cure / Smashing Pumpkins

The Strokes / The National

1 minute ago, TheFullShaboo said:

If The Strokes are headlining Latitude would it not put them in contention for Benicassim instead? 

I'd think NOS and Mad Cool one week, Latitude the next would be more likely especially as they'd likely be the Saturday headliner if they played Latitude.

If it's Prophets of Rage tomorrow this is very strong start, regardless of whether you like them all or not particularly when only one, possibly two will be head/co-heads.

6 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

I'd think NOS and Mad Cool one week, Latitude the next would be more likely especially as they'd likely be the Saturday headliner if they played Latitude.

If it's Prophets of Rage tomorrow this is very strong start, regardless of whether you like them all or not particularly when only one, possibly two will be head/co-heads.

From what i can see none of the headline acts at Latitude have played Mad Cool or Nos in the same year, whereas Latitude and Benicassim usually acts, including headliners - Portishead and Noel Gallagher 2015, Maccabees 2016 and then The Killers 2018.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

From what i can see none of the headline acts at Latitude have played Mad Cool or Nos in the same year, whereas Latitude and Benicassim usually acts, including headliners - Portishead and Noel Gallagher 2015, Maccabees 2016 and then The Killers 2018. 

I don't know about every year but last year Latitude was the same weekend as NOS and Mad Cool so that might have played a factor, even so Wolf Alice played all three as did Rag'n' Bone Man. In 2019 NOS and Mad Cool is the weekend before Beni/Latitude.

EDIT - In fact, in 2015, 2016 and 2018 Latitude was the week before Benicassim, the only year they were the same was 2017 and they didn't share any headliner. So it tends to be Latitude share headliners with ones doing Spanish dates the week before/after.

Edited by alexlloyd

11 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

I don't know about every year but last year Latitude was the same weekend as NOS and Mad Cool so that might have played a factor, even so Wolf Alice played all three as did Rag'n' Bone Man. In 2019 NOS and Mad Cool is the weekend before Beni/Latitude.

EDIT - In fact, in 2015, 2016 and 2018 Latitude was the week before Benicassim, the only year they were the same was 2017 and they didn't share any headliner. So it tends to be Latitude share headliners with ones doing Spanish dates the week before/after.

Well spotted. Presumed the dates were the same.

There goes my Strokes dream then. Got a Stag Do booked for Mad Cool weekend, absolutely gutted. What makes it even worse is that the stag is who i attended this years festival with.

3 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Well spotted. Presumed the dates were the same.

There goes my Strokes dream then. Got a Stag Do booked for Mad Cool weekend, absolutely gutted. What makes it even worse is that the stag is who i attended this years festival with. 

I only know when Latitude is because I've been hoping to go for a few years and have always had other plans! So maybe 2019 will be the year.

That's a shame, if hypothetically The Strokes are about and they do NOS/Mad Cool/Latitude I'm sure there'll be more dates than that anyway so hopefully you can get to see them somewhere else! Unless you can convince your mate that Madrid/Lisbon is the place to go for stag do's ?

50 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

I only know when Latitude is because I've been hoping to go for a few years and have always had other plans! So maybe 2019 will be the year.

That's a shame, if hypothetically The Strokes are about and they do NOS/Mad Cool/Latitude I'm sure there'll be more dates than that anyway so hopefully you can get to see them somewhere else! Unless you can convince your mate that Madrid/Lisbon is the place to go for stag do's ?

I just need The Strokes to play the Saturday night at Mad Cool as this will allow me to sack off the final night of the stag and fly to Madrid to see them before catching a train Sunday morning straight to Benicassim. 

There is hope.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

I just need The Strokes to play the Saturday night at Mad Cool as this will allow me to sack off the final night of the stag and fly to Madrid to see them before catching a train Sunday morning straight to Benicassim. 

There is hope.

That is commitment! Shame Mad Cool haven't released days yet cause it might be easier to predict, I can't see them playing the same day as The Cure, and they have to play Friday or Saturday because their at NOS on the Thursday... so hopefully The Cure Friday, Strokes Saturday (As long as they play NOS on the Friday for me ?)

1 minute ago, Karlos12345 said:

The Red Hot Chili Peppers has been brought up in different threads across the forum - where is this coming from? Could they really play here? Seems to me, they are on hiatus. Or is it because of the recent post on Instagram asking for cities to play?

https://www.alternativenation.net/red-hot-chili-peppers-announce-new-album-will-come/