Mad Cool 2019

Rico_Pliskin

1 hour ago, visdave34 said:

Aren’t they supposed to be announced at Beni tomorrow?

Who knows. They emailed a load of people who did some vote on what acts they wanna see at Beni, saying there's an announcement tomorrow or something, and apparently a lot of people who voted The 1975 have been emailed. But also a lot of people who didn't vote The 1975 gave been emailed, so I wouldn't read anything into it.

I think the Mad Cool announcement will be them. Seems a weird coincidence that the clue adds up to The 1975 after the second step and then ends on the year they formed.

29 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

And apparently play in the band since he's 13?

To be fair they all met when they started high school, so that's I guess that's actually technically correct. 

They've only been The 1975 since like 2012 tho so I dunno if you can really put their formation down as 2002. 

1 minute ago, jonnytee1 said:

Just because the first clue was "formed in 1999" - it doesn't necessarily mean that all other clues will be bands that "formed in" - it might be dates they "reunited" "split" released ........... album" etc etc 

All we have is a date remember

Was thinking about that also. Last year every clue referred to the same tho: coordinates of where the band was formed

• Like 1

Just now, jonnytee1 said:

Just because the first clue was "formed in 1999" - it doesn't necessarily mean that all other clues will be bands that "formed in" - it might be dates they "reunited" "split" released ........... album" etc etc 

Or at least i hope so because other than LCD soundsystem - to me all other options are not great! 

11 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

If that's the case it can be Interpol since their debut album Turn off the Bright Lights was released in 2002. I think it is the 1975 though because they are making the announcement at the same time with FIB Benicassim and FIB sent everyone who predicted the 1975 e-mails that has the countdown for today's announcement

i'm pretty sure the 1975 won't be headliners.

but i also doubt they will bring big names comparable with last year's . the bands that we are thinking they have pending tour announcements for next year are the likes of smashing pumpkins, vampire weekend or the strokes. the bigger names (muse, metallica, rammstein, bon jovi, etc) are mainly doing stadium shows 

Bit surprising still that Beni and MC are announcing the same act so early on. Makes me wonder if The 1975 will also do Bilbao and Doctor Music in the same weekend as MC :lol:

I reckon they'll sub one of the two main stages...? Although this is Spain of course, maybe even one lower or late at night.

1 minute ago, StupidDream said:

Bit surprising still that Beni and MC are announcing the same act so early on. Makes me wonder if The 1975 will also do Bilbao and Doctor Music in the same weekend as MC :lol:

I reckon they'll sub one of the two main stages...? Although this is Spain of course, maybe even one lower or late at night.

There is MC, BBK, Benicassim, Nos, Sonar, Doctor Music and Festival Cruilla all in the space of a couple of weeks which is madness. You'd think there would be space for one in August or September. Got to be more band sharing than in previous years.

2 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

There is MC, BBK, Benicassim, Nos, Sonar, Doctor Music and Festival Cruilla all in the space of a couple of weeks which is madness. You'd think there would be space for one in August or September. Got to be more band sharing than in previous years.

And O Son Do Camiño...

47 minutes ago, StupidDream said:

Probably a similar position to Kasabian this year