Mad Cool 2019

Rico_Pliskin

1 minute ago, birchtree29 said:

According to Wikipedia these are the bands that are formed in 2002. I eliminated the ones that are not on tour or more towards pop like One Republic

• Editors
  • The 1975
  • Chromeo
  • Grizzly Bear
  • Razorlight
  • Red Hot Chilli Peppers

The Peppers? Founded in 1983...

The National are great! As @DiscothequeDave mentioned this is their first festival for 2019 so its pretty nice to announce them first. Keep in mind that last year started with QOTSA who were the smallest headliner of the edition. They'll probably keep announcing a band every day like they did last year though it's not going to be headliner every day. Also I believe their lineup will be similar enough to Nos Alive lineup so announcing a band that isn't gonna play there is better than announcing the Cure first, for example. 

Edited by e2p2

I wonder how many announcements it's going to take for me to forget everything I said about not going back... I saw The 1975 and Editors were announced earlier today for a festival in Mexico next March, might not be relevant but at least they're both already announcing dates for 2019 this week.

4 hours ago, Username taken said:

Assuming there's a crossover with NOS, The National, The Cure and Bon Iver would be a decent day's festivalling tbf

That sounds hugely boring tbh.

A disappointing first announcement after QoTSA last year, but a band that is probably of similar profile/pull especially on the continent. Plenty of time to go and as someone else pointed out, the first set of acts released last year wasn't exactly representative of the quality across the final line-up.

Edited by 40 Days
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jonnytee1 said:

I'm kind of hoping it LCD as i am not a big National fan, Hate the1975 and don't see Editors as a headliner 

Oh dear - its just not going great for me so far this one 

It'll be LCD, trust me. They've done Primavera and Sonar in the last couple of years. Can't see them at Beni so if they're doing a Spanish fest next year it'll probably be Mad Cool or BBK so the chances are good.

2 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

What? The 1975 aren't big at all in Belgium. ? Couldn't name you a single song of theirs. They literally never get played on the radio. 

At Rock Werchter they would get a 17.00 afternoon slot at best I reckon. 

He's on about Editors, who for some reason are fucking humongous in the Benelux

• Upvote 1