Mad Cool 2019

Rico_Pliskin

In Azkena Rock Forum, user called Lazaretto who gave hints on set times last year posted this:

"Today the game begins. 

Tomorrow we say how we are going to play. 

Last with who we are going to do it."

They might post another hint for the first artist tomorrow like a coordinate of their origin like they did last year

9 hours ago, diogozsz said:

They announced the show as something people could get presale codes, so it's their own solo show.

+ They were announced for Werchter and Bergen wasn't in the list. Festivals are out of the list they published.

Thank you for the precision ;)

I mean yeah... Last year was a bit of a mess organisitialwise, but still: the whole set up was cute as donkeys.. the lineup was perfect... (like perfect!!!!! did anyone else see that qotsa, brmc, nin madness?) and yes... new location and so on, so they need the time to adapt I think... In the end it comes down to queues... when you want to get beer, get in, get home... I'm pretty sure they'll improve on that... they just have the money, so it's going to work out...

It wasn't perfect but I can't help but feel that people carried the frustration of the long queue to get in and card machines not working for a couple of hours on the first night (which was indeed a shambles) throughout the festival. Walked straight in on days 2 and 3 and didn't hear of any problems. As for the queues at the bars, they were bad near the entrance but generally didn't have to queue beyond that, even at peak time. At Primavera, queues at the bars near the main stages around headliner time were insane and arguments were breaking out regularly yet it's being used here as a beacon of success in organisation. Yes, the VIP areas at MC looked silly but can't have affected enjoyment too much. When you consider that amazing line-up and how brilliant the stages/screens were, I think some people are being overly critical and as has been stated, there's good reason to expect improvement too. IMO, anyone considering it shouldn't let these comments put them off too much. 

34 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

It wasn't perfect but I can't help but feel that people carried the frustration of the long queue to get in and card machines not working for a couple of hours on the first night (which was indeed a shambles) throughout the festival. Walked straight in on days 2 and 3 and didn't hear of any problems. As for the queues at the bars, they were bad near the entrance but generally didn't have to queue beyond that, even at peak time. At Primavera, queues at the bars near the main stages around headliner time were insane and arguments were breaking out regularly yet it's being used here as a beacon of success in organisation. Yes, the VIP areas at MC looked silly but can't have affected enjoyment too much. When you consider that amazing line-up and how brilliant the stages/screens were, I think some people are being overly critical and as has been stated, there's good reason to expect improvement too. IMO, anyone considering it shouldn't let these comments put them off too much. 

Is anyone surprised by this? Queues for bars are always going to be mental around headliner time. I've been to Primavera twice and never had much issue with getting served quickly. Frankly, if you're queuing for a bar around the times headliners are expected on stage/are playing then you're going to have to queue. Its the same at most, if not all big festivals and gigs. 

The issue is when people are waiting a long time all hours of the day, which seems to have been the issue at Mad Cool for what I've heard. Anyone who is expecting to get served quickly during headliner time is massively mistaken. 

1 minute ago, rhg_99 said:

Is anyone surprised by this? Queues for bars are always going to be mental around headliner time. I've been to Primavera twice and never had much issue with getting served quickly. Frankly, if you're queuing for a bar around the times headliners are expected on stage/are playing then you're going to have to queue. Its the same at most, if not all big festivals and gigs. 

The issue is when people are waiting a long time all hours of the day, which seems to have been the issue at Mad Cool for what I've heard. Anyone who is expecting to get served quickly during headliner time is massively mistaken. 

I agree. Not using it specifically to criticise Primavera here (though on those bars they were clearly understaffed and the staff themselves said things had gone wrong in that respect this year), I'm saying that other festivals including ones used as an example of perfect organisation also have these problems. I actually thought Mad Cool was good for getting served, the bars near and between the 2 main stages were absolutely huge and plenty of staff. Also hardly anyone seemed to go to the bars inside the tents. The queues, in my experience, were limited to the bars near the entrance and in the middle of the site but it was no worse than the majority of festivals. Like I said before, I think that first day queue to get in massively affected people's attitudes towards the whole thing and queues like that were more frustrating than they would be elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, The Martini Police said:

I nearly passed out under the sun of Madrid in July with no water and nobody looking out for the goers, after that I got inside and it took 30 mins to buy 1 liter of water for 9 €, because nobody knew where fountains were in the beginning. I spent 300 euros worth of tickets for that.

Yeah experience was cool, but I still have 'Nam-like flashback, so no, it's not something I go easy on, and that was not my first festival. First day was so damn close to be worth the repaid, and only thing that saved them is that nobody asks seriously for that.

• Upvote 1

I went last year and was prepared, took money with me, some sun cream and a hat.

I got there early on the Thursday and was in the grounds by 6. It was empty, i familiarised myself with all the bars and where the free water was. Surely if you waited to buy water for 45 minutes, you could have asked at any stand where the free water was and found it in less than 45 minutes? 

Yes the queues for the bars were terrible - because of that I didn't drink  - I went to the free water area. 

The first night was not the best until the end of the evening (which i enjoyed as it emptied) but the other two days were not a problem. 

People moaning about the festival being in the middle of nowhere - well I'm sorry but what festival isn't? Glastonbury is the biggest piece of crap to get to ever! Again be organised!

I got a hotel that was less than 10 minutes drive to the arena - Easy! if you wanted an easy life then the centre of Madrid was Not the place to stay.  It would be like a festival being held in Wimbledon, finishing at 4 am and staying in Camden - it would be a nightmare to get back to!

I fully expect less problems this year.

6 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

New hint came today as I have said yesterday. The calculation adds up to 1999. Any guests?

It's not the Cure. Muse released Showbiz in 1999 and they are announcing their European tour dates in 1 hour

Love of Lesbian seems to be the most accurate answer doing the rounds on social media. 1999 is their most successful album according to Wiki, and they're Spanish!

20 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Love of Lesbian seems to be the most accurate answer doing the rounds on social media. 1999 is their most successful album according to Wiki, and they're Spanish!

Is Love of Lesbian a good band enough to announce first? I think they will start with a headliner. Last year they started with Queens of the Stone Age. Love of Lesbian was not even a headliner in Low Festival 2016.

Teneous link alert

By the time the festival starts, 1999 would have been "20 years ago today" - those are the lyrics form Sgt Pepper written by Paul McCartney. Paul McCartney was in a band called the Beatles with Ringo Starr. Ringo sang the lyrics to a song called Yellow Submarine. Yellow was the title of a song by a band called Coldplay. Coldplay's lead singer is called Chris Martin. My neighbour called Chris has a dog called Martin. The dog is a French Bulldog. France is a country in Europe, a lot like Sweden. The capital of Sweden is Stockholm. Stockholm syndrome is a song by Muse

It's Muse

• Upvote 5

6 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

Teneous link alert

By the time the festival starts, 1999 would have been "20 years ago today" - those are the lyrics form Sgt Pepper written by Paul McCartney. Paul McCartney was in a band called the Beatles with Ringo Starr. Ringo sang the lyrics to a song called Yellow Submarine. Yellow was the title of a song by a band called Coldplay. Coldplay's lead singer is called Chris Martin. My neighbour called Chris has a dog called Martin. The dog is a French Bulldog. France is a country in Europe, a lot like Sweden. The capital of Sweden is Stockholm. Stockholm syndrome is a song by Muse

It's Muse

That's good enough for me :rofl: