Mad Cool 2019

Rico_Pliskin

30 minutes ago, young_contra said:

They were always ruled out. It was always known they'd be doing their own thing

Did I miss something ? We know that Muse will play in Madrid, with Live Nation, but there's no official statement or hint at an own show, just rumours...No ? 

2 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

Did I miss something ? We know that Muse will play in Madrid, with Live Nation, but there's no official statement or hint at an own show, just rumours...No ? 

They announced the show as something people could get presale codes, so it's their own solo show.

+ They were announced for Werchter and Bergen wasn't in the list. Festivals are out of the list they published.

45 minutes ago, diogozsz said:

Uhmmmmm I don't think so. APE was more similar to Primavera last year.

Primavera and All Points East naturally share a lot because they are close together but there is a large overlap between bands for All Points East (and Primavera) and Mad Cool. For instance, Bon Iver and The Strokes are rumoured for All Points East and have been widely suggested for Mad Cool. 

The announcements could quite easily not be connected at all actually, but it's possible if it's a band doing a big announcement day like some of them do.

1 hour ago, diogozsz said:

Just a question.i remember Mad Cool doing multiple artist announcements at once. Do they usually do that with the first confirmation or did they only confirm one headlining artist as their first confirmation last year?

Last year they announced each artist a day  between Nov 6 to Nov 24 and then multiple artists on one day in december, january and february.  It might be similar this year

24 minutes ago, arcuse said:

I'm willing to bet APE is going to come with Bon Iver and a bunch of smaller acts like they did last year when they announced The XX.

They also announced Bjork and LCD Soundsystem in the first batch, all of them headlined that first edition.

all-points-east-london-festival-acts-announced.jpg?fit=2048%2C2048

32 minutes ago, James96 said:

This festival was a shambles last year. Regardless of the line up I hope people go to a more organised festival. The festival does not deserve your time or money.

You see, I immediately wrote off ever going after the tales from this year but it's hard to believe they wouldn't have put effort into improving it for next year. and they've said as much as well. Live Nation might cut massive corners here and there but they're the biggest live events corp for a reason and they'll be putting work into the future of this event.

1 minute ago, Orens said:

They also announced Bjork and LCD Soundsystem in the first batch, all of them headlined that first edition.

Nah you're both wrong-zo. The xx, The National and The National's main support acts were announced first, then the poster there was released a week later announcing the main attractions of the festival.

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

You see, I immediately wrote off ever going after the tales from this year but it's hard to believe they wouldn't have put effort into improving it for next year. and they've said as much as well. Live Nation might cut massive corners here and there but they're the biggest live events corp for a reason and they'll be putting work into the future of this event.

Fair point, but some things were just off - it was soulless, in the middle of nowhere and had some strange practices, one day you could bring bottles in, the next you couldn't.

I would really recommend people to head to another Spanish festival that I've heard many good things about such as Primavera.

I had an enjoyable time last year due to the sheer quantity of acts, but it was a really poorly organised mess.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, James96 said:

This festival was a shambles last year. Regardless of the line up I hope people go to a more organised festival. The festival does not deserve your time or money.

You must be one of them posh tottys that went, yeah first day was bit mad but only The first few hours but what do you expect with festival expanding to a big amount and who care what the festival is like a whole you go for the music which was unreal. Jesus hate to see what your reaction would be like going to leads & reading haha 

27 minutes ago, Kyle95 said:

You must be one of them posh tottys that went, yeah first day was bit mad but only The first few hours but what do you expect with festival expanding to a big amount and who care what the festival is like a whole you go for the music which was unreal. Jesus hate to see what your reaction would be like going to leads & reading haha 

It was a shambles from start to finish. 4 hour queues on the first day in 30 degree heat and then 45 minute queues at the majority of bars inside. This is something that would annoy most festival fans, not just a "posh totty". 

Used to do Leeds every year - 7 in a row - and ive never seen a fuck up as big as Mad Cool put on.

2 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

I've never seen a fuck up as big as Mad Cool put on.

Should have seen Queens at Finsbury park. It was over an hour for the water tap and 90 minutes to the bars. 

The queues at the bar were only on the first day though? The systems crashed across the site to took a while to get everyone served. Don't think I queued more than 10 minutes for a drink on the Friday or Saturday.

2 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Should have seen Queens at Finsbury park. It was over an hour for the water tap and 90 minutes to the bars. 

The queues at the bar were only on the first day though? The systems crashed across the site to took a while to get everyone served. Don't think I queued more than 10 minutes for a drink on the Friday or Saturday.

Sounds horrendous. Not acceptable for the money people pay to attend such events.

Yeh things did admittedly improve, but we were still queuing a stupid amount of time for a drink on the last night. It wasn't as if we stuck to one bar either. Maybe we just had bad luck with our timings, but for me it was still a complete shit storm on the final night, albeit a slightly improved shit storm.

1 hour ago, Kyle95 said:

Deffo not posh. And I wouldn't be seen dead at R+L with their recent line up choices. Yes of course you go to a festival for the line up, but I just found Mad Cool a bit off personally, what might not have fucked you off, fucked other people off.