Mad Cool 2019

Rico_Pliskin

They did the same presale with 10 euros deposit in july but it doesn’t make sense to not announce the full price. 

Their biggest competitor Rock Werchter had already announced 6 of their headliners and it is confirmed that 4 of them will not be at Mad Cool. (Only the cure and florence and the machine is available) so they are either waiting for band’s own announcements or struggling to announce everything in October. Last year they made the first announcement on November 7th with Queens of the Stone Age so they still have time

The Cure seem nailed on for this. Also, are we sure Muse are ruled out? They have both Madrid and Lisbon on their list and I wouldn't be surprised if that meant Mad Cool/Nos. There are rumours the cities announced are a stadium/arena solo gigs, but so far I haven't seen anything to confirm that (or does anyone have better info, source?). As to why they didn't have Belgium on that list being now confirmed for Werchter, - including Werchter on that list would be too much of a giveaway, as you couldn't possibly think they were doing a solo gig there rather than the festival, wouldn't it? 

50 minutes ago, clasher said:

The Cure seem nailed on for this. Also, are we sure Muse are ruled out? They have both Madrid and Lisbon on their list and I wouldn't be surprised if that meant Mad Cool/Nos. There are rumours the cities announced are a stadium/arena solo gigs, but so far I haven't seen anything to confirm that (or does anyone have better info, source?). As to why they didn't have Belgium on that list being now confirmed for Werchter, - including Werchter on that list would be too much of a giveaway, as you couldn't possibly think they were doing a solo gig there rather than the festival, wouldn't it? 

It wasn't just a list of locations; they were locations that you could get presale access to by preordering the album. So obviously they wouldn't have Werchter because they wouldn't get presale access to Werchter, and the same is true for why Madrid doesn't mean Mad Cool.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, clasher said:

After Nos Alive's announcement, Mad Cool will probably announce the Cure tomorrow.

We are not sure but Muse usually does a stadium tour to promote their new album first year and then does a festival tour a year after with a few exceptions like Rock Werchter so they would probably announce Madrid and Lisbon as a stadium concert.

6 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

It looks like they will be announcing several artists on the same day instead of announcing one artist each day like Nos Alive

They always had a good way to announce and tease our attention. 

It could be only one headliner, several bands or an announcement of the announcement of the announcement next week imo. 

Edited by alan_ts

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 1:29 PM, birchtree29 said:

They did the same presale with 10 euros deposit in july but it doesn’t make sense to not announce the full price. 

Their biggest competitor Rock Werchter had already announced 6 of their headliners and it is confirmed that 4 of them will not be at Mad Cool. (Only the cure and florence and the machine is available) so they are either waiting for band’s own announcements or struggling to announce everything in October. Last year they made the first announcement on November 7th with Queens of the Stone Age so they still have time

The 10 euro deposit froze the ticket price at last years level, though (about £140 euro, I think?)

35 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

They always had a good way to announce and tease our attention. 

It could be only one headliner, several bands or an announcement of the announcement of the announcement next week imo. 

I can't see them announcing on Sunday as they didn't announce on Sundays last year IIRC, but an announcement of an announcement? Why not?? ?

Edited by e2p2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, e2p2 said:

I can't see them announcing on Sunday as they didn't announce on Sundays last year IIRC, but an announcement of an announcement? Why not?? ?

I remember last year how long they teased with Pearl Jam announcement (number 10, coordinates, lettering...)

Nothing strange if they want to catch all the attention for the real announcement next week. 

12 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

I remember last year how long they teased with Pearl Jam announcement (number 10, coordinates, lettering...)

Nothing strange if they want to catch all the attention for the real announcement next week. 

I bet it'll be an annoucement announcing a 24-hour countdown until the real announcement 

• Upvote 1

Ended up looking for the Muse poster with the cities earlier on Twitter and found this, so the tour looks like it’ll be in July and also a Muse News page has posted saying announcements coming Monday. 

So if Mad Cools announcement on Sunday is a 24 hour countdown, they’re both making announcements on the same day and Muse are in Europe three days after... surely they won’t be playing Lisbon and Madrid in June/July  and it’s not MC/NOS? 

82F9C37C-7B1B-4EFA-A465-6168F53DBFFD.png

2C608590-D0B4-42E1-AEEE-6267F35ADE04.jpeg

Edited by alexlloyd

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I thought that was a joke? Why would that be the announcement? Surely they'd just call it '5AVE T11E DATE' if they were teasing an announcement on Monday.

I've no idea what it'll be, but someone also mentioned that they never announced on a Sunday last year which I can't remember them doing either. I agree it would be a bit frustrating if it's an 'announcement of an announcement', or it could even be an act a day like they did last year. I'm not saying they are playing, it just seems a coincidence if Mad Cool and Muse do end up making an announcement on the same day, Muse are confirmed to play in Madrid and that leaked poster puts them in Europe within days of Mad Cool finishing.

7 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

I've no idea what it'll be, but someone also mentioned that they never announced on a Sunday last year which I can't remember them doing either. I agree it would be a bit frustrating if it's an 'announcement of an announcement', or it could even be an act a day like they did last year. I'm not saying they are playing, it just seems a coincidence if Mad Cool and Muse do end up making an announcement on the same day, Muse are confirmed to play in Madrid and that leaked poster puts them in Europe within days of Mad Cool finishing.

Muse look confirmed to play their own show in Madrid, as @Nicklord said. The timing isn't really coincidental because lots of summer festivals are announcing now, and they were already known to be touring July anyway because of Rock Werchter. Even if it turns out to be, for whatever reason, an announcement that there's gonna be an announcement; I don't think it'll be Muse for Mad Cool.