Mad Cool 2019

Rico_Pliskin

On 10/16/2018 at 4:32 PM, johnybegood said:

Rumours: The Strokes + The Cure + The Smashing Pumpkins will play Mad Cool'19.

Knowing Mad Cool it'll be The Cure and the SP on the same night and they'll stick The Strokes with someone like LCD Soundsystem, leaving another night of strong headliners. - Muse / Chemical Brothers or something like that.

The Cure / Smashing Pumpkins

The Strokes / LCD Soundsystem

Muse / Chemical Brothers

Not as strong as this year but definitely can see something like the above. 

Edited by DiscothequeDave

2 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Knowing Mad Cool it'll be The Cure and the SP on the same night and they'll stick The Strokes with someone like LCD Soundsystem, leaving another night of strong headliners. - Muse / Chemical Brothers or something like that.

Muse / Chemical Brothers

it would be an amazing combo for me, way better than what early werchter looks like. 

2 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Muse / Chemical Brothers

Yeah I agree on The Cure/Smashing Pumkpins. I know a lot of people on here don't think they could headline but in reality billing them as co-headliners and giving them a longer set as opposed to them just subbing doesn't really have any negative consequences for Mad Cool. Same as Jack White last year.

Don't think Muse will headline as they seem to be playing Madrid on their stadium tour. Not sure who else is around - maybe Macca if the Glasto rumours come to fruition and he isn't elsewhere by Mad Cool weekend.

12 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Yeah I agree on The Cure/Smashing Pumkpins. I know a lot of people on here don't think they could headline but in reality billing them as co-headliners and giving them a longer set as opposed to them just subbing doesn't really have any negative consequences for Mad Cool. Same as Jack White last year.

Don't think Muse will headline as they seem to be playing Madrid on their stadium tour. Not sure who else is around - maybe Macca if the Glasto rumours come to fruition and he isn't elsewhere by Mad Cool weekend.

Gosh Macca and those three would be something.

Thought Mumford y sus hijos were nailed on for this? No Madrid date on their tour. Would also be wary of Bon Jovi when those dates come out, as it was Live Nation ES that were teasing the announcement a while ago and Mad Cool belongs to Live Nation ES.

Just now, dentalplan said:

Gosh Macca and those three would be something.

Thought Mumford y sus hijos were nailed on for this? No Madrid date on their tour. Would also be wary of Bon Jovi when those dates come out, as it was Live Nation ES that were teasing the announcement a while ago and Mad Cool belongs to Live Nation ES.

I was going to say Mumfords too but if they were added to that lineup I was replying to I imagine it'd be as a co-headliner with The Strokes and then LCD being knocked down to the second line of one day. They'll be playing one of Mad Cool/Beni for sure, I'd imagine, but I think they'd fit Beni better? No idea about their tour dates tho and whether they make one more likely than the other. Florence and the Machine, too.

And yeah I was gonna say there seems to be a few of possibilities for Download who could pop up if not playing Download Madrid or something (Bon Jovi, Rammstein).

2 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I was going to say Mumfords too but if they were added to that lineup I was replying to I imagine it'd be as a co-headliner with The Strokes and then LCD being knocked down to the second line of one day. They'll be playing one of Mad Cool/Beni for sure, I'd imagine, but I think they'd fit Beni better? No idea about their tour dates tho and whether they make one more likely than the other. Florence and the Machine, too.

And yeah I was gonna say there seems to be a few of possibilities for Download who could pop up if not playing Download Madrid or something (Bon Jovi, Rammstein).

Forget that Beni exists now that the ex-Leicester players have cleared off. Maybe.

Would actually expect The Strokes to be paired up with a coheadliner, and one that isn't LCD Soundsystem too. I can't imagine LCD Soundsystem still being on tour, and even then a headline spot won't happen if NIN, Massive Attack and Tame Impala weren't top-line names.

Rammstein are probably a bit niche for this but you're right that Download Madrid could snare some acts off this.

Just now, Naran Jitu said:

Mumford announced their show in Barcelona as "only show in Spain 2019". Possibly a ruse to sell as many tickets as they can before announcing festivals. But who knows.

I see them headlining FIB tho.

Oh that should do it. Grand.

1 hour ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I hated telling people I was going to Mad Cool this year. Just said I was off to a festival in Madrid instead.

"What's it called"

"Mad Cool"

"..."

It's a hard name to say in a serious tone.

Doctor Festival though. You're definitely gonna get a "you what?" or "but you're not a doctor" back off that.

They just liked a tweet that says this in spanish. (google translate)

. @madcoolfestival it is considered as "top priority" for 2019 to improve the most critical points of the last edition: "Transport, access, VIP zones, capacity...". I've been confirmed from the organization. And in a week or two, first news and first names.

13 minutes ago, gregory said:

Seems a bit weird to me. Give us €25 and pay the rest, maybe €100 maybe €150, at an undisclosed date in the future

Agreed.  Normally these things tell you the amount up front and what you'll need to pay at a later date.

Just now, neacaisa said:

maybe that means they are struggling a bit with the line up this year compared to last year. 

Possibly not struggling, but both Mad Cool and NOS will struggle to pull together as top quality a line up as both had this year.  Suppose festivals can only book what's touring at the time.