Mad Cool 2019

Rico_Pliskin

12 minutes ago, Andrej said:

The Cure could end up on that new festival, i forgot the name, doctor music or doctor something, happens in july, same weekend as mad cool...somewhere in spain

Wait, another festival around that time? Damn, and there are already like 3 or 4 big festivals in that week in Spain.

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 2:57 PM, arcuse said:

The Cure is strongly rumoured to announce a Spanish date for this summer around October according to their Spanish forum. Since Primavera isn't announcing that soon, it can only be Mad Cool, right?

Or Bilbao, they play that fest a few times

14 minutes ago, jj200 said:

Maybe they could headline it

2nd line subs is more likely if they do play there. 

I don't see it happening as a) theres a Lisbon date and they usually share with NOS/Rock Werchter and b) The Iberian dates are too close before the festival season. 29th April is only like 2 an a half months before Mad Cool. c) Rock Werchter had them 2018 (see point A)

I don't see them playing NOS or Mad Cool this year; perhaps next year. But would be pleasantly surprised if they were a 2nd tier act.  

• Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

2nd line subs is more likely if they do play there. 

I don't see it happening as a) theres a Lisbon date and they usually share with NOS/Rock Werchter and b) The Iberian dates are too close before the festival season. 29th April is only like 2 an a half months before Mad Cool. c) Rock Werchter had them 2018 (see point A)

I don't see them playing NOS or Mad Cool this year; perhaps next year. But would be pleasantly surprised if they were a 2nd tier act.  

Can't see them not headlining, they headlined everywhere since 2-3 years and have sold out Sziget alone this year (as an exclusive tho).

Can't see them any lower then second name

1 hour ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

Can't see them not headlining, they headlined everywhere since 2-3 years and have sold out Sziget alone this year (as an exclusive tho).

Can't see them any lower then second name

Yeah I see your point..

I guess i'm just thinking Nine Inch Nails level on the Mad Cool Lineup. Huge Band that wasn't headlining. 

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, johnybegood said:

Rumours: The Strokes + The Cure + The Smashing Pumpkins will play Mad Cool'19.

As happy as id be at the prospect of The Strokes playing festivals next summer, i hope its not as Mad Cool. Had a great time last year but the organisation was diabolical. 

Was there not another forum last year where an individual from Mad Cool was leaking the acts before any announcements? Is this where this rumour has come from? 

1 hour ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Was there not another forum last year where an individual from Mad Cool was leaking the acts before any announcements? Is this where this rumour has come from? 

Yes it was the Azkena Rock Forum but I just checked and there are not any other rumours on that forum

Edited by birchtree29