Mad Cool 2019

Rico_Pliskin

Pretty keen to start this thread off as it's either this or Primavera for me for the first time next year. 

Went Bilbao BBK this year and Nos Alive back in 2017 with each fest having their own pros and cons. 

So I reckon with Muse having an album release in early November that'll tie into the first announcement of Mad Cool/NOS/RW etc. 

I have a feeling from reading the 2018 threads pre and post festival we will hopefully have less issues to worry about in 2019. 

Gonna throw out a couple names: 

Muse/System Of Down

Kanye/Kanye Collab (Cudi/Nas/Pusha T) 

Paul McCartney/Liam Gallagher

Thoughts/worries/speculations? lets have it. 

Edited by Rico_Pliskin
addition

42 minutes ago, activean said:

"KISS to embark on their 'biggest tour' yet in 2019"

Dont know if they play festivals? 

They played 2 festivals in Spain this summer

• 4 weeks later...

So Madonna, Fleetwood Mac, Paul McCartney for the Depeche Mode slot or is Metallica legacy enough?

Who out of all the rumours for Glastonbury do you think will make an attendance. 

Kinda hoping smashing pumpkins don't come, hope Kanye/Kids see ghosts are onboard, MUSE with that soundsystem/screens would be epic, Liam Gallagher since i haven't seen him yet since Oasis. Janelle Monet would be great. 

John Mayer as a left field signing, Brian Wilson w/beach boys since they're rumored for a goodbye gig at glasto. The National (if they're still touring) or Big Red Machine/Bon Iver if they're not.

I imagine Travis will be the Snow Patrol Slot, 

Who have you got for your wishlists?

On 8/19/2018 at 7:14 PM, Rico_Pliskin said:

Brian Wilson w/beach boys since they're rumored for a goodbye gig at glasto.

Are they? I know they're playing in London just before Glasto so I can see them playing, but I've seen no rumours, and nothing about a farewell show.

On 8/19/2018 at 8:02 PM, Rico_Pliskin said:

Also Coldplay.. rumored to be playing slane castle so they'll be back on the scene. 

Where have you seen this, as well? Cba with Coldplay being back on the scene.

1 hour ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Are they? I know they're playing in London just before Glasto so I can see them playing, but I've seen no rumours, and nothing about a farewell show.

it came from a crap made-up click-bait story from somerset live (or another of that click-bait paper group). 

Hugely unlikely to be anything to it. They added 2+9 and got 742.

Edited by eFestivals

30 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

it came from a crap made-up click-bait story from somerset live (or another of that click-bait paper group). 

Hugely unlikely to be anything to it. They added 2+9 and got 742.

They got rumoured for 2 fests in Spain and Portugal aswell.

12 hours ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

all possible except Green day. Played 2017 edition. 

re: Coldplay; it's just a rumor from irish mirror for Slane Castle gig. 

Brian Wilson w/Beach Boys, I just think that they'll not be limited to the London gigs, if they go to Spain Bilbao BBK had him last time so hopefully Mad Cool this time.  

The Cure a possibility? Just seen they are playing in South Africa next spring. Should be active next summer then.

On 8/23/2018 at 8:45 PM, Rico_Pliskin said:

all possible except Green day. Played 2017 edition. 

re: Coldplay; it's just a rumor from irish mirror for Slane Castle gig. 

Brian Wilson w/Beach Boys, I just think that they'll not be limited to the London gigs, if they go to Spain Bilbao BBK had him last time so hopefully Mad Cool this time.  

Just so you know, Brian Wilson isn't in the current Beach Boys. He tours on his own.

6 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Just so you know, Brian Wilson isn't in the current Beach Boys. He tours on his own.

Yeah I know he doesn’t tour with Frankenstein beach boys. I though it was the case from the Glastonbury thread that the royal Albert hall gigs were going to be a supergroup of Brian’s and mike loves respective bands?

maybe not

I'm not that sure about Radiohead not touring next year.

As I've been told there are a couple of fests trying to come up with a summer tour through Europe. 

Don't see why fits better with PS. At the end of the day Mad Cool is a mix of PS + rock bands + indie generic bands. 

P.S Tame Impala were done too and they came..

Edited by YunT

I get the feeling Smashing Pumpkins won't be doing non-headline slots with this reunion.

I think Muse are a stick on, especially as Bar Tool was singing their praises non-stop on that forum this year (leading a lot of people to think they were gonna be one of the Friday co-headliners this year).

Metallica seem an obvious choice but I think I read something about them doing stadiums in Europe next year, which may rule them out.

Someone mentioned The Cure yesterday, and they'd be a great fit after the likes of Depeche Mode playing this year. Could probably have them as a co-headliner.

Paul McCartney and Fleetwood Mac are both heavily in the discussion for Glasto next year so could both potentially play Mad Cool. They don't really fit the lineup of the last two years but the year before that they had The Who and Neil Young who I guess are more in line with them both.

Kanye/Kids See Ghosts would be cool but I don't see it happening. Wasn't a lot of hip-hop on the lineup this year.

Would Liam Gallagher be a headliner at this or just a sub?

All in all I'd probably go with something like this as things stand:

The Cure / Smashing Pumpkins

Paul McCartney

Muse / (Liam Gallagher)