NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

Hey guys! I need your advice on  transport and camping! 

I'm going to buy a 3day ticket, but I am not sure if to choose an option with transport (CP CASCAIS or CP + CARRIS) considering that i'm going to live in camping. What's the cost of getting to the festival from the city center? Is it a good idea to stay in a camping for 4-5 days or it's better to find a hostel for the rest of my stay? 

Any tips or things to know before about camping ( I never did it before)

6 hours ago, Kiwi_mold said:

Hey guys! I need your advice on  transport and camping! 

I'm going to buy a 3day ticket, but I am not sure if to choose an option with transport (CP CASCAIS or CP + CARRIS) considering that i'm going to live in camping. What's the cost of getting to the festival from the city center? Is it a good idea to stay in a camping for 4-5 days or it's better to find a hostel for the rest of my stay? 

Any tips or things to know before about camping ( I never did it before)

If you're camping then there's a free shuttle bus to and from the fest. So just buy a festival ticket.

3 hours ago, alan_ts said:

I'm really annoyed checking their pages every second. 

Don't think it's necessary :P Basically all announcements are at 9 AM Portugese/British time, unless it's from the artist itself/together with other events. Maybe in case of a leak they would randomly announce it. So, just this painful moment every morning and then continuing with life (doing other things than work). 

Of course, it's so weird at this point that they may drop something very randomly as well :lol: But I would rely on others to pick it up and post it here, which means only checking this nice forum every second.

39 minutes ago, StupidDream said:

Don't think it's necessary :P Basically all announcements are at 9 AM Portugese/British time, unless it's from the artist itself/together with other events. Maybe in case of a leak they would randomly announce it. So, just this painful moment every morning and then continuing with life (doing other things than work). 

Of course, it's so weird at this point that they may drop something very randomly as well :lol: But I would rely on others to pick it up and post it here, which means only checking this nice forum every second.

Mmm, several announcements were at 13.00 (CET), Gossip at 11.00, past years I remember announcements at 9.00.

I don't think they have a scheme at all :D:D:D

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, alan_ts said:

Mmm, several announcements were at 13.00 (CET), Gossip at 11.00, past years I remember announcements at 9.00.

I don't think they have a scheme at all :D:D:D

Took me some detective work, but for this year's edition all were at 10 AM CET (29 acts), except for Jorja Smith (leak), The Chemical Brothers (5 PM CET),  Cut Copy (3 PM CET), Izal (3 PM CET), H.E.R. (5 PM CET), Loyle Carner (1 PM CET), and Gossip (11 AM CET, after self-confirmation). Some of the afternoon announcements were a second announcement on a day (what a luxury!), I remember some similar afternoon additions last year, but mostly on 10 AM (CET). 

At least always on the whole hour :lol: Compared to Glastonbury, this is very much a pattern :P  They especially lack a scheme in announcing acts at all :P 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StupidDream said:

Took me some detective work, but for this year's edition all were at 10 AM CET (29 acts), except for Jorja Smith (leak), The Chemical Brothers (5 PM CET),  Cut Copy (3 PM CET), Izal (3 PM CET), H.E.R. (5 PM CET), Loyle Carner (1 PM CET), and Gossip (11 AM CET, after self-confirmation). Some of the afternoon announcements were a second announcement on a day (what a luxury!), I remember some similar afternoon additions last year, but mostly on 10 AM (CET). 

At least always on the whole hour :lol: Compared to Glastonbury, this is very much a pattern :P  They especially lack a scheme in announcing acts at all :P 

Yeah, 9am is their golden hour for some reason. I have an alarm on my phone that rings every day on said hour and it's just not even fun anymore, it's almost a reminder to roll my eyes

3 minutes ago, young_contra said:

Yeah, 9am is their golden hour for some reason. I have an alarm on my phone that rings every day on said hour and it's just not even fun anymore, it's almost a reminder to roll my eyes

It was fun last year, line-up getting better and better, didn't matter anymore. Now you would think final acts aren't fully confirmed yet or held back for a very strange reason. Is it a holiday period in Portugal right now? 

2 hours ago, StupidDream said:

It was fun last year, line-up getting better and better, didn't matter anymore. Now you would think final acts aren't fully confirmed yet or held back for a very strange reason. Is it a holiday period in Portugal right now? 

Tomorrow we're having our most important national holiday but besides having a slow day this monday, nothing would be different around here if you were in the position of this festival's organization (aside from the already bad rep you'd have right now).

I genuinely think there's not that many people bothered with who is or isn't announced at this point besides those who are already committed to this festival via a ticket purchase. The Office's party planning committee would've done a better job

Edited by young_contra

I know the line up isn't set and it all seems a little disappointing but if you've been before you know the atmosphere will be mega. I am waiting patiently for a few more big names (Tame Impala pretty please!) but get your headphones in and remind yourself how amazing some of these acts are. Cure - Amazing, Pumpkins - very cool, Bon Iver - dramatic and emotional, Chemical brothers - tremendous, Vampire weekend - great fun.

Loads to look forward to

19 minutes ago, Yatesbomb said:

I know the line up isn't set and it all seems a little disappointing but if you've been before you know the atmosphere will be mega. I am waiting patiently for a few more big names (Tame Impala pretty please!) but get your headphones in and remind yourself how amazing some of these acts are. Cure - Amazing, Pumpkins - very cool, Bon Iver - dramatic and emotional, Chemical brothers - tremendous, Vampire weekend - great fun.

Loads to look forward to

Agreed! 

44 minutes ago, Yatesbomb said:

Loads to look forward to

And at least the queues for the bars will be short.