AlexTurnah

NOS Alive 2019

2 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

She's (been) headlining everywhere else 

We'll see then. Highly doubt it still, she is to me a sub headliner when it comes to this festival

36 minutes ago, young_contra said:

Foals will totally be there. Either that or they'll just show up at Porto's Primavera Sound. The Black Keys are a good bet but not a safe one. LCD and Arcade Fire won't be around again just yet.

Yeah I’ve seen Foals last played in 2016 so hopefully likely... in fact Tame Impala off that bill would be nice too. 

Yeah I’m not really expecting them either would just be an ideal, basically everyone already announced elsewhere can’t play so there’s definitely a couple of surprises in store.

I'll never understand how bands like florence and mumfords reached headliner status. At some point in time expectations of what a headliner are must have dropped.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, moz4pm said:

I'll never understand how bands like florence and mumfords reached headliner status. At some point in time expectations of what a headliner are must have dropped.

Selling out arenas isn't lowering standards. I don't know what Florence tours look like but Mumford and sons are an arena band for like 7 years already

1 hour ago, AlexTurnah said:

Florence might co-headline this one. Throw in Smashing Pumpkins and The Strokes and there's your headliners

Now that's an insight I can agree with. Florence co-headlining seems fitting

Edited by young_contra

31 minutes ago, young_contra said:

Is it too farfetched to think of Vampire Weekend? I'd much rather catch them on NOS Primavera Sound 

i don't care where it is, i just want them to come haha - are they heading to festivals next year tho?

46 minutes ago, moz4pm said:

Selling 5 million+ records helps.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, diogozsz said:

i don't care where it is, i just want them to come haha - are they heading to festivals next year tho?

I'd be very surprised if they aren't

5 hours ago, themaddiefox said:

Right on. Yes. If this happens, it's going to be great. 

The good thing with NOS Alive is that it's always fantastic, even with names you're not really fond of! 

Was hoping for another name today but maybe it’s just me being greedy, Mad Cool are announcing something tomorrow, don’t know what, but if they announce a batch of names surely NOS won’t be far behind given they’re the same weekend. 

Got this email earlier, I take it they’re making an assumption based on when Bon Ivers were announced... has anyone seen anything from NOS mentioning headliner? 

86741EAB-5032-40F9-A6B6-1B625EDA9CD3.png

I've only seen them mentioned as playing the main stage but not as a headliner. If The National weren't a headliner then I can't see Bon Iver headlining but they're certainly a strong sub.

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

I've only seen them mentioned as playing the main stage but not as a headliner. If The National weren't a headliner then I can't see Bon Iver headlining but they're certainly a strong sub.

Yeah that's my thinking especially with Jack White and Nine Inch Nails this year too.I meant Sunday for the Mad Cool announcement not tomorrow, maybe we'll get something on Monday.

32 minutes ago, TheNewUnion said:

Assuming The Cure and Bon Iver are playing the same day, there's only one band playing last out of those two. 

The Cure plays 11th, Bon Iver 13th.

However, I still think Bob Iver is not a headliner.

50 minutes ago, Voszy said:

The Cure plays 11th, Bon Iver 13th.

However, I still think Bob Iver is not a headliner.

Agreed. Thought they were playing the same day

Just bought tickets for me and my friend. Don't really need to see the line-up first cos it's such a good festival regardless of who's playing.

Looking forward to my 4th visit.

• Upvote 1