AlexTurnah

NOS Alive 2019

LX factory is definitely worth a visit imo. Pretty cool during the day but also a really nice atmosphere for a few beers at night. 

6 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

LX factory is definitely worth a visit imo. Pretty cool during the day but also a really nice atmosphere for a few beers at night. 

Added to the list. 

2 hours ago, DarthSaul said:

So what's everyone's plans for this festival then?

I fly into Lisbon on the 9th and have an Airbnb booked literally backing on to the LX factory. Stayed there last time and loveddd the location so very excited. Then fly back the following Tuesday, 16th! 

Fly in on 9th, got email ticket for 1st night, staying in lisbon hotel on the pink street :)

go back saturday

no more camping at festivals for me anymore

Travelling on my own and not a youngster any more

Edited by andy2912

I'm at work so can't check out any video right now, what are they like as a band? One of my friends said they sound like early Metallica, I'll be more than happy if that's the case.

Just now, moz4pm said:

I'm at work so can't check out any video right now, what are they like as a band? One of my friends said they sound like early Metallica, I'll be more than happy if that's the case.

Led Zeppelin copycat

Horrendous confirmation IMO. On the positive side of things however, it means Vampire Weekend are headlining which makes me really happy. Their latest setlists have been great and they're one of my favourite bands. 

• Upvote 1

First timer this year, and we're staying in an apartment near Santa Apolonia station - chosen because that's where (I hope) the direct shuttles buses go from and to.  Anyone used these?  Is it obvious where they leave from near the station?  Are they frequent going back at night or are there set times?  And do you pay for each trip or just get a ticket for the duration.  Sorry for all the questions, there isn't a great deal of information online about the buses (there is a bit more about train/metro).  Thanks for any help.

7 minutes ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

Led Zeppelin copycat

I can work with that.

2 minutes ago, moz4pm said:

I can work with that.

They do sound very Led Zep. Saw them last year at Download and they were really good

How many international acts to come do you think? I'm not a fan of GVF but some friends are really happy about this announcement. 

I'm still hoping for something else. 

Not a fan of Greta Van Fleet at all but good that they’re still announcing some pretty big acts I guess. Hopefully Johnny Marr or Cut Copy are on at the same time.

• Upvote 1

GVF remind me of Wolfmother, who were bloody awful. At least there will be time to get booze/use the bogs I suppose. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

By my calculations there are only a couple more Sagres stage acts to announce and only one more NOS stage depending on the length of the cure set. It is interesting to note than Greta Van Fleet were due to play on 12th at doctor music so fingers crossed they can steal a couple more!

It would be nice if they posted all the line up this week, I think we have wait too much and the festival is around the corner.

Hello,

Can we use cash at the fest or is it contactless nowadays? I went in 2016 and remember paying by cash.

8 hours ago, Noeliam said:

Hello,

Can we use cash at the fest or is it contactless nowadays? I went in 2016 and remember paying by cash.

Can’t remember if cashless was available last year or not. We just used good old fashioned cash

Edited by Red Day
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, young_contra said:

Can't figure why the timelines aren't out by now

Maybe they're trying to shoehorn The Strokes into the lineup - I can live in hope!