AlexTurnah

NOS Alive 2019

Are those the biggest bands predicted to be doing the rounds next year then? I've seen them predicted for other festivals as well. Seems very uninspiring for me, apart from The Strokes and even they are about 15 years past their peak.

Edited by sinivali

I think The Cure will play. They will do shows in the near future and they've been there in 2012.

And: to throw a name in the ring: Tool ?!?

Edited by with_tired_eyes

The Cure will certainly be one of the headliners.

There are news that The Racounteurs will be back next year. Since Jack White came in 2018, maybe he can came back to Nos Alive, now with his band.

Will The Black Keys release a new album next year?

RW announced Mumford this morning. They shared most headliners this year. Thankfully Mumford plays Lisbon in April so fingers crossed they don’t play Nos. Happy if the Cure are announced 

1 hour ago, Luke Routledge said:

Looks like Foos will be all over this!

Can't see Foos doing European festivals next year . Bit soon from last round of headlining ?

1 hour ago, Luke Routledge said:

They just signed up for two this morning!

My mistake. Just noticed Hurricane. You never know in that case

I initially thought Metallica, but the Scandinavian leg of their tour clashes with NOS weekend, seems unlikely that they'd head to Portugal for a one off show between two shows further north.

The Cure seems like a decent bet, playing a number of European shows this summer so why not NOS. Would be great for me if Mumford are nowhere near Lisbon that weekend. Didn't really enjoy them in 2015 so hoping it is too soon fot them to come back.

Foo's are, in my opinion at least, always good value for money but could take or leave seeing them again. Flo & The Machine is a good shout, thought they did a great job filling in at Glastonbury.

This years lineup will take some beating for me though, but the flights are booked so regardless of who plays I'll be there enjoying what's on offer.

Also, Weezer and Pixies are out on tour together next year. If they add European dates, I would love to see both of them play NOS

Edited by TheNewUnion

18 minutes ago, TheNewUnion said:

I initially thought Metallica, but the Scandinavian leg of their tour clashes with NOS weekend, seems unlikely that they'd head to Portugal for a one off show between two shows further north.

The Cure seems like a decent bet, playing a number of European shows this summer so why not NOS. Would be great for me if Mumford are nowhere near Lisbon that weekend. Didn't really enjoy them in 2015 so hoping it is too soon fot them to come back.

Foo's are, in my opinion at least, always good value for money but could take or leave seeing them again. Flo & The Machine is a good shout, thought they did a great job filling in at Glastonbury.

This years lineup will take some beating for me though, but the flights are booked so regardless of who plays I'll be there enjoying what's on offer.

Also, Weezer and Pixies are out on tour together next year. If they add European dates, I would love to see both of them play NOS

Weezer already at BBK that weekend so you might be in luck with that one! 

The Cure, Florence + The Machine, Muse would be a good shout, I think. Maybe another pretty big name next to Florence, like they had The National and Queens of the Stone Age this year. Rammstein could be in the mix (weird combo with Flo, though)? 

Isn’t the Muse tour a stadium one. They have Madrid and Lisbon on their list so it’s maybe something that could happen but for me it looked like it was their own shows

9 minutes ago, Red Day said:

Isn’t the Muse tour a stadium one. They have Madrid and Lisbon on their list so it’s maybe something that could happen but for me it looked like it was their own shows

I think like that as well. If they were planning to headline a festival in that city they would've waited until the festival made its own announcement.

2 hours ago, birchtree29 said:

I think like that as well. If they were planning to headline a festival in that city they would've waited until the festival made its own announcement.

Aye, you’d think that was the case

18 minutes ago, monteiro47 said:

I think that lineup is gonna be something like that: 

the main names should at least be, the smaller ones are always a guess.

Captura de ecrã 2018-10-17, às 23.29.48.png

Soccer Mommy and Snail Mail are more Nos Primavera Sound names 

52 minutes ago, monteiro47 said:

I think that lineup is gonna be something like that: 

the main names should at least be, the smaller ones are always a guess.

Captura de ecrã 2018-10-17, às 23.29.48.png

Gorillaz won't be touring, could take another ten years to return. Plus, below Kasabian? :blink:

I don't know what the status of Kasabian is in Portugal and whether they can be seen as headliners. Haven't read anything about Kings of Leon for next year, would be bit of a surprise.

Some people are discussing The Smashing Pumpkins as headliners for European festivals? 

Muse at Rock Wertcher.  However Belgium was out of the list  that the band gave  at the end of September ..... I still think the Muse portuguese gig will be on a stadium,  but their presence at Rock Wertcher, made me doubts