NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

I thought Vampire Weekend were brilliant, everything from New Dorp New York onwards was great fun. I never thought I’d say this but I actually preferred them to The Cure. 

It did seem pretty quiet tonight though. I stood to the left of the sound desk for both The Cure and Vampire Weekend and it was noticeably quieter for the latter, had loads of room around me for the whole set. That was the case across most of the site though, even the seats outside the Sagres tent seemed much less busy than the previous night.

Vampire Weekend were great for me but I am totally biased. Found GVF insufferable, it felt like a jam session with high pitched screaming mixed into it as if a cat had its tail stepped on for more than an hour, their slot should've been Primal Scream's.

Tonight's headliners are playing the Sagres stage at 8h30pm. Don't miss them.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, young_contra said:

Vampire Weekend were great for me but I am totally biased. Found GVF insufferable, it felt like a jam session with high pitched screaming mixed into it as if a cat had its tail stepped on for more than an hour, their slot should've been Primal Scream's.

Tonight's headliners are playing the Sagres stage at 8h30pm. Don't miss them.

I was well looking forward to GVF but your description of a jam session is pretty accurate. I love rock/metal and managed to enjoy it but it did sound a bit of a shambles 

I enjoyed vampire weekend when it was good - it was just too long. The extended jams were really noticeable in trying to bridge the gap. It just ran out of steam for me.

popping up later for rolling blackouts as my other half can’t be bothered with going that early if anyone is going/fancies a pint ?

Didn't expect much from last night but was pleasantly surprised - Johnny Marr the standout, proper rock star quality, pity they started late and had to stop a couple of songs. The tent was packed for it and very appreciative crowd.  Loved Perry Farrell too, was a fan of Jane's back in the day so it was great to hear the three Jane's songs and the solo material was interesting in a good way. Watched half of Vampire Weekend, enjoyed it more than I thought I would, before heading to Grace Jones (who was also late, but tremendous fun). We left at 1am and got a taxi no problem, just under 10 euros to Santa Apolonia so we'll do that again tonight.  And also got to say hello to Young Contra when I was down the front for Perry Farrell! Hope you enjoyed VW, saw you on the big screens at one point.

Tonight is going to be hectic dashing between stages but looking forward to it. We're also heading in early for RBCF and then bit of a gap to Idles.

Also went to see Andrew Lawrence in the comedy tent last night, felt a bit sorry for him as it was almost drowned out by the Clubbing stage and the main stage. Nice laid back set up in there with the seats.

Edited by WFD
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Homer said:

I enjoyed vampire weekend when it was good - it was just too long. The extended jams were really noticeable in trying to bridge the gap. It just ran out of steam for me.

popping up later for rolling blackouts as my other half can’t be bothered with going that early if anyone is going/fancies a pint ?

I can’t decide whether to go in for them or just go in for Idles. If I do go in early I’ll post here and get a beer

We're having a rest day today just to recover a bit and catch on some sleep, as not really bothered until the Pumpkins come on at half 11. I will have to stand through Boring Iver unfortunately, but worth it for SP. Unfortunately will miss RCBF, but not worth going all the way there early for one band. 

So far seen Weezer, Mogwai, The Cure, Perry Farrell, Primal Scream, Johnny Marr, Great Van Fleet and Vampire Weekend. 

Primal Scream so far for me were the best. Johnny Marr was packed, so couldn't get in, he easily had a bigger crowd than PS did, but the atmosphere was electric and looked like it would have been great to be in the crowd. GVF actually not too bad, the guitars were made to be heard in an open field. Perry Farrell's solo stuff wasn't that great, but I only really went to hear Jane's Addiction stuff.