NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

20 minutes ago, Yatesbomb said:

What is the best way to get to the shopping center? Can't see any obvious transport links on my map. 

Today is sure to be excellent, lots of personal faves on today, a solid 8 hours of top class music! 

Had a look into this earlier and I think you can get a train to Alges from Cais do Sodre and then a bus from there to the shopping centre. A taxi would probably be quicker but think I’m going to try the train/bus to work out what I’m doing for the train later on.

Mogwai were my highlight, that was probably the loudest set I’ve ever heard at a festival. The Cure, Hot Chip and Weezer were all great and I really enjoyed what I saw of Jorja Smith and Sharon Van Etten. Overall that was a brilliant evening of music. That was my first time seeing all of those other than Mogwai so great to see them all on top form.

Edited by kingcrawler

Music was great but found the crowd a bit lacking. Kept moving forward at the cure and even when I was at the front during the encore everyone looked bored.

was fairly near the front at hot chip and some bloke who wasn’t dancing told me off for knocking into him.

Got a packed train home and sat on an armrest and the girl sitting there swiped her elbow into me to stand up. Not exactly the Glastonbury/festival spirit.

Can’t work out whether the crowd was a bit staid or I was being a bellend. As with most things, the truth probably lies somewhere in between...

all the music I saw great: weezer, mohwai, the cure and hot chip (plus a bit of loyle carner). The club stage, though, seems to have been programmed by what someone’s nan thinks happens in a nightclub (no DJs whatsoever as far as I could see).

Edited by Homer

2 hours ago, Homer said:

Music was great but found the crowd a bit lacking. Kept moving forward at the cure and even when I was at the front during the encore everyone looked bored.

was fairly near the front at hot chip and some bloke who wasn’t dancing told me off for knocking into him.

Got a packed train home and sat on an armrest and the girl sitting there swiped her elbow into me to stand up. Not exactly the Glastonbury/festival spirit.

Can’t work out whether the crowd was a bit staid or I was being a bellend. As with most things, the truth probably lies somewhere in between...

all the music I saw great: weezer, mohwai, the cure and hot chip (plus a bit of loyle carner). The club stage, though, seems to have been programmed by what someone’s nan thinks happens in a nightclub (no DJs whatsoever as far as I could see).

Agree 100% - The Cure sounded fantastic (as they always do) but the crowd were as flat as a pancake... enjoyed them regardless but seemed a shame. Part of me wishes I’d gone to see Robyn instead.

(Surprising too as it felt like I’d seen LOADS of people wearing The Cure t-shirts at the festival so thought the crowd would be big into the singalongs..)

Anyways, Weezer, Jorja Smith and Loyle Carner were superb and drink queues move quickly so no complaints really :)

Have a good Friday all!

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, ezzy5050 said:

Agree 100% - The Cure sounded fantastic (as they always do) but the crowd were as flat as a pancake... enjoyed them regardless but seemed a shame. Part of me wishes I’d gone to see Robyn instead.

(Surprising too as it felt like I’d seen LOADS of people wearing The Cure t-shirts at the festival so thought the crowd would be big into the singalongs..)

Anyways, Weezer, Jorja Smith and Loyle Carner were superb and drink queues move quickly so no complaints really :)

Have a good Friday all!

I was going back and forth to the bar and there people in cure t shirts sitting on the floor at the back - I took this pic just after they ended 

80D22B95-107A-4842-A6ED-205BC8759971.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Homer said:

I was going back and forth to the bar and there people in cure t shirts sitting on the floor at the back - I took this pic just after they ended 

That pic could be from a Radiohead vid

27 minutes ago, Homer said:

Twats. These are the kind of people who will tell their friends who weren't there what a fantastic unmissable gig it was. Twats. 

Excellent day yesterday, from the completely painless entry at the start to the pristine sounding Cure at the end. Sharon Van Etten and Xavier Rudd were incredible. Weezer good, apart from the sound drops - I found the sound at Jorja Smith was imbalanced though. Really great energy at the Coreto stage - the bands give it everything. Popped by the Fado stage to see the Portuguese Daniel O'Donnell.....what can I say...I was very VERY drunk. Enjoy Friday?

Such a shame - was really enjoying hot chip but the guy who told me to stop dancing really killed it for me. I was this close to the front so I think dancing is kind of fair enough - I may have knocked him accidentally but I wasn’t falling over or anything stupid 

Edited by Homer