NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

2 minutes ago, young_contra said:

Just came back from the hospital after a renal colic and all I can say is I will miss having a cold beer going down my throat

Oh dear, when did that come on? Hope you feel better

I'm now starting to worry slightly re the four-hour bike ride I've signed up for on Thurs morn/lunchtime...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Homer said:

Oh dear, when did that come on? Hope you feel better

I'm now starting to worry slightly re the four-hour bike ride I've signed up for on Thurs morn/lunchtime...

Out of the blue this afternoon, it's absolutely crippling - thank you!

I'm used to standing covered by the main stage's shadow so I won't feel the temperatures too much, at night it can still be a little bit fresh. However, I sure as hell am not used to Lisbon's high temperatures, hopefully I won't sweat my clothes off

10 minutes ago, young_contra said:

I'm used to standing covered by the main stage's shadow so I won't feel the temperatures too much, at night it can still be a little bit fresh. However, I sure as hell am not used to Lisbon's high temperatures, hopefully I won't sweat my clothes off

Hope you feel better soon, you’ve spent long enough getting excited/frustrated by the festival that you deserve to enjoy it!

I thought Lisbon was roasting today nevermind Thursday so I’ve for no idea how I’ll cope with the heat then. Is Porto generally a bit cooler? I’m heading there on Sunday after the festival and something slightly cooler than Lisbon would be ideal.

Edited by kingcrawler
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, young_contra said:

Hope you feel better for the festival 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Hope you feel better soon, you’ve spent long enough getting excited/frustrated by the festival that you deserve to enjoy it!

I thought Lisbon was roasting today nevermind Thursday so I’ve for no idea how I’ll cope with the heat then. Is Porto generally a bit cooler? I’m heading there on Sunday after the festival and something slightly cooler than Lisbon would be ideal.

Yup, Porto is usually cooler! Much more relaxed in that sense

Thank you all for the positivity ❤️

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Yes, much cooler. Went there early June for Primavera a few years ago and it barely got past 16 (still nice and sunny though).

9 hours ago, young_contra said:

Just came back from the hospital after a renal colic and all I can say is I will miss having a cold beer going down my throat

Damn I hope it doesn't take too long to recover! Take care! (and beer isn't important, you can try the other drink...) 

2 hours ago, Red Day said:

Good to hear. Have a great weekend and say hello to the old bugger on Thursday with the Download t shirt 

You too! 

If anyone catches a young bloke with a laura palmer t-shirt on saturday that'll be me!

Edited by young_contra

I cannot get the timeline up on the app. Still says coming soon.

I’ve never felt so un-informed!

Last year the madcool app was great!

Can anyone post me the link to the timelines as I can’t find them on the webpage either. 

Thanks  

29 minutes ago, MELHERB said:

I cannot get the timeline up on the app. Still says coming soon.

I’ve never felt so un-informed!

Last year the madcool app was great!

Can anyone post me the link to the timelines as I can’t find them on the webpage either. 

Thanks  

The timetables are on the lineup section if that's what you're referring to. If you really do mean the "timeline", I must say that it is pretty useless in the app, it gives you no information as to how long the sets will be, it basically only marks the beginning of each concert, it leaves out the info regarding each one's duration. Pretty silly

• Like 1

On 7/9/2019 at 12:56 PM, Rocinante said:

First time going to NOS Alive (and Lisbon..) this year. Any tips or anything I should be watching out for?

Definitely swing by the Time Out market for food at some stage. Its very near Cais de Sodre. Also the sangria at the festival...dont miss that. 

7 minutes ago, Miloliquorice said:

Definitely swing by the Time Out market for food at some stage. Its very near Cais de Sodre. Also the sangria at the festival...dont miss that. 

And that first cold beer under the blue sunny skies of Portugal, just as Weezer bounce into view?

My new favourite thing about the festival’s strange methods of communication is that we knew H.E.R. had cancelled her European tour at least a couple of months ago but they still have a big picture of her on the train doors here :lol: 

I’m really looking forward to the festival now. Had a great time exploring the city over the last couple of days but can’t wait for things to properly start tonight. 

15 hours ago, clasher said:

Just exchanged my tickets for wristbands at Alegro Alfragide shopping centre. Took literally 45 seconds. 

What is the best way to get to the shopping center? Can't see any obvious transport links on my map. 

Today is sure to be excellent, lots of personal faves on today, a solid 8 hours of top class music!