NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

1 hour ago, Homer said:

Oh, I'm staying in Lisbon this time ta mate. I reckon an hour should be enough to get to the fest and in from Cais De Sodre anyway.

Hope so. We’re also staying somewhere near that train station 

Can’t wait for it now! The line up hasn’t turned out as well as I hoped but the Saturday is still up there with the best days of any festival this year. Really looking forward to Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever and Idles. 

Flight is Wednesday morning from Manc with easyJet with the return a week later. Stopping in a hostel in Cais De Sodre station so hoping it’s fairly straightforward to get to the festival ??

Will probably be at the same bar for the cricket Homer so if you see a skinny lad with a big whack off Florence tattoo on leg give us a holla ??

We're currently barbecuing by our airbnb's pool in Ferragudo. We'll be in the camp from Wednesday, so if anyone fancies a pre-fest beer (or rather one pre-fest mojito in each hand by the pool in the camp), lemme know ?

Thanks for the wristband info, much appreciated. 

Flying Thursday morning, middle aged man in some indie t-shirt or other  (probably Mogwai on the first day) and teenage daughter who will either be by my side or down the front depending on which band is on! Have a good one everyone.

16 minutes ago, clasher said:

We're currently barbecuing by our airbnb's pool in Ferragudo. We'll be in the camp from Wednesday, so if anyone fancies a pre-fest beer (or rather one pre-fest mojito in each hand by the pool in the camp), lemme know ?

Thanks for the wristband info, much appreciated. 

Will barbecuing as well from Thursday in the bungalows area. I've been all the day in Slovenia in your honor. I hope to meet you at Nos sharing civapcici or some pivo :P

1 hour ago, WFD said:

Flying Thursday morning, middle aged man in some indie t-shirt or other  (probably Mogwai on the first day) and teenage daughter who will either be by my side or down the front depending on which band is on! Have a good one everyone.

Wasn’t going to, but I’ll wear my 2019 Download t-shirt with the dog on the front on Thursday . Say hello if you see me

Edited by Red Day

12 hours ago, stylishkids said:

Can’t wait for it now! The line up hasn’t turned out as well as I hoped but the Saturday is still up there with the best days of any festival this year. Really looking forward to Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever and Idles. 

Flight is Wednesday morning from Manc with easyJet with the return a week later. Stopping in a hostel in Cais De Sodre station so hoping it’s fairly straightforward to get to the festival ??

Will probably be at the same bar for the cricket Homer so if you see a skinny lad with a big whack off Florence tattoo on leg give us a holla ??

Nice one mate, FYI I was planning on heading here: http://thecouch.pt. I'm doing a four-hour bike city tour in the morning that ends at 2pm, so going to head in for the second innings (unless it's all going drastically wrong already!). That bar is near the end of my bike ride, near Cais De Sodre, looks not totally awful for a 'sports bar' and appears to have the ability to show any sport going!

I'll make a point of wearing my  orange Go! Team t-shirt on Thursday

THE_GO!_TEAM_ORANGE+BIKER+T-SHIRT+-+SMALL-363226.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 7/7/2019 at 9:12 PM, alan_ts said:

Guys 2 friends can't come anymore, I'm selling two combi tickets, price negotiable ;)

I'll be in Lisbon from Wednesday, if someone is interested let me know we can meet wherever you want. 

Guys... 

REAAAAALLY NEGOTIABLE

12 minutes ago, Homer said:

Nice one mate, FYI I was planning on heading here: http://thecouch.pt. I'm doing a four-hour bike city tour in the morning that ends at 2pm, so going to head in for the second innings (unless it's all going drastically wrong already!). That bar is near the end of my bike ride, near Cais De Sodre, looks not totally awful for a 'sports bar' and appears to have the ability to show any sport going!

I'll make a point of wearing my  orange Go! Team t-shirt on Thursday

THE_GO!_TEAM_ORANGE+BIKER+T-SHIRT+-+SMALL-363226.jpg

The couch looks a safe bet to show the cricket - nice find . I'll be set for the day if i can watch it from outside with a cold one.

is it cash/card/or both inside Nos?

58 minutes ago, NOS newbie said:

The couch looks a safe bet to show the cricket - nice find . I'll be set for the day if i can watch it from outside with a cold one.

is it cash/card/or both inside Nos?

When I was in Lisbon a few years ago, I walked along the beach path that links Estoril with Cascais and I swear there was a bar/restaurant by the beach showing an England cricket match. I didn't pay much attention at the time though as I was on hols and it wasn't a semi-final. I can't find it on Google though. I also remember a different time, the bar on the beach in Cascais showing football. Prob not worth a trip for the semi on that basis (unless anyone knows anything) but I may try and scope one out for the final (we move to Estoril the day after the fest).

Also, it's now showing as 33 for Thurs (may be some unhappy goths!) so being indoors may not be so bad!

28 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

Do you know what time is the check-in/out for the campsite? 

Cheers

Check out was at noon if I remember correctly. Not that it matters, since you get a bracelet and they are mostly checking at the entrance (they won't be kicking you out at 12:05). It is probably a bit more strict if you're in a bungalow. 

1 hour ago, alan_ts said:

Guys... 

REAAAAALLY NEGOTIABLE

Put up a sign in front of your tent if you don't manage to sell them... 

14 hours ago, alan_ts said:

Will barbecuing as well from Thursday in the bungalows area. I've been all the day in Slovenia in your honor. I hope to meet you at Nos sharing civapcici or some pivo :P

See you there then! I flew in from Italy, had an airside beer in your honour ?

6 minutes ago, clasher said:

Check out was at noon if I remember correctly. Not that it matters, since you get a bracelet and they are mostly checking at the entrance (they won't be kicking you out at 12:05). It is probably a bit more strict if you're in a bungalow. 

Put up a sign in front of your tent if you don't manage to sell them... 

See you there then! I flew in from Italy, had an airside beer in your honour ?

Thanks 

Thanks

Thanks

Probably I'll sell them at something like 2x1...I found a guy interested. I saw the resell prices are really low since it's not sold out. 

I'll fly tomorrow morning from Bergamo, see you in Lisbon ;)

So IDLES really are overlapping 20 minutes with Bon Iver. Atrocious imo

Edit: I don't get this timeline. Aren't TSP supposed to play a long set? By the looks of the app, it seems like they are over with it right after Thom Yorke shows up which makes no sense. Why bother setting up (and taking so long in doing so) a timeline for it to not even be reliable?

Edited by young_contra

36 minutes ago, young_contra said:

So IDLES really are overlapping 20 minutes with Bon Iver. Atrocious imo

Edit: I don't get this timeline. Aren't TSP supposed to play a long set? By the looks of the app, it seems like they are over with it right after Thom Yorke shows up which makes no sense. Why bother setting up (and taking so long in doing so) a timeline for it to not even be reliable?

They are all set up that way, with the ends fading out instead of coming to a definite stop - if you look at the Cure their colour block fades out before Robyn even starts, and we all know that isn't the case. Pointless really.