NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

14 minutes ago, strackoftracknfield said:

Btw is anyone doing half Cure/ half Robyn?

My wife will be, though I reckon I'll stick with The Cure, despite having seen them at Glasto. FYI, the last 30-40 mins of their sets is when they generally go on a bit long run of 'hits'.

Guys 2 friends can't come anymore, I'm selling two combi tickets, price negotiable ;)

I'll be in Lisbon from Wednesday, if someone is interested let me know we can meet wherever you want. 

anyone else pondering going to the James Murphy DJ set at Lux Fragil on Friday night? 

as much as i'd like to see Gossip - me and my friends are tempted to head to James Murphy after Vampire Weekend but worried the taxi situation will be crazy and might end up just wasting a large portion of the night waiting... decisions decisions...

4 minutes ago, ezzy5050 said:

anyone else pondering going to the James Murphy DJ set at Lux Fragil on Friday night? 

as much as i'd like to see Gossip - me and my friends are tempted to head to James Murphy after Vampire Weekend but worried the taxi situation will be crazy and might end up just wasting a large portion of the night waiting... decisions decisions...

I was also thinking of doing this but reading the reviews of Lux Fragil it seems that if you're not Portuguese they ask you about 300€ for the ticket. 

Any local can confirm that? 

12 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

I was also thinking of doing this but reading the reviews of Lux Fragil it seems that if you're not Portuguese they ask you about 300€ for the ticket. 

thanks for the heads up - i've just looked at the reviews and they are absolutely terrible... think i'll definitely stick with the festival!

it's a shame JM isn't playing NOS :(

25 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

Have a lot of fun at the festival this week! Have fun with the Portuguese people who are awesome, join us for sangria songs around the bars if you spot us! Have a blast! 

Will look out for you and say hello if I can work out who you are

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

oh my god is that true? my biased love for porto grows stronger and stronger ? (jk)

2 hours ago, ezzy5050 said:

thanks for the heads up - i've just looked at the reviews and they are absolutely terrible... think i'll definitely stick with the festival!

it's a shame JM isn't playing NOS :(

I saw James Murphy DJ at Super Bock Super Rock years ago. Was alright - just the sort of so-so house music you get at all continental festivals (I think it's compulsory).

You're better off sticking with the fest and going to see Cut Copy, who are roughly in the same ballpark as LCD anyway, instead.

Edited by Homer

On 7/7/2019 at 11:08 AM, Red Day said:

You can exchange your ticket for wristband at a big shopping centre.  Did that last year and it was dead easy

IS that in Lisbon mate? Website just says 'inside the festival'.

Wouldn't mind getting it done early. Need to pop to a sports bar near Cais De Sodre for the afternoon to watch England get knocked out of the cricket World Cup, so that only gives me an hour to get to Weezer after!

On 7/7/2019 at 10:43 AM, Homer said:

Anyone know when the wristband exchange opens please, and is it only at the site? Apols, have looked on the website but can’t find any info.

Last time I went they had a system where your ticket got you in then you went to one of the onsite exchanges at your leisure.

Completely unrelated, I have a spare 3 day ticket going cheap if anyone hasn't bought theirs yet.

1 hour ago, Homer said:

IS that in Lisbon mate? Website just says 'inside the festival'.

Wouldn't mind getting it done early. Need to pop to a sports bar near Cais De Sodre for the afternoon to watch England get knocked out of the cricket World Cup, so that only gives me an hour to get to Weezer after!

It was the big shopping centre somewhere beside the camping area. Really good idea. Can’t remember the name but one of the locals can maybe assist. That’s assuming you can do it again this year

23 minutes ago, Red Day said:

It was the big shopping centre somewhere beside the camping area. Really good idea. Can’t remember the name but one of the locals can maybe assist. That’s assuming you can do it again this year

Oh, I'm staying in Lisbon this time ta mate. I reckon an hour should be enough to get to the fest and in from Cais De Sodre anyway.