NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

Just now, DarthSaul said:

Has nos ever had any secret sets? I'm guessing it would be Portuguese bands if they had 

the only secret show will be friday on Coreto stage

Aside from that, there aren't any secret shows  , unless they decide to try this year 

10 hours ago, Red Day said:

Primal Scream And Marr clashing is utterly stupid

Very true, such a shame.

Luckily we saw PS a few weeks ago, but would have loved to see them again.

Clashfinder is updated now but I think they are guessing the set lengths as much as we are.

https://clashfinder.com/s/nos19/

3 minutes ago, Homer said:

Bit of a shame they're out on a limb so early in the day, but really enjoying Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever the more I listen to them. Mellow, slightly jangly indie rock with great harmonies. Perfect sunshine music:

Yeah cool band, I dont think its the worse thing in the world that theyre on early, like you say, nice to watch in the sun. I will definately be getting there early to see them! 

• Upvote 1

If any of the Brits abroad on here are looking to fill the chasm that is the Friday night, it may have escaped your attention that the only English-speaking act (as far as I'm aware anyway) in the comedy tent all weekend is on at 10.15pm.

Andrew Lawrence - not 100% my bag, but has been on the TV a bit and I reckon I'll pop along for a change of pace.

Hey - it's my first time to the festival next week, very excited! Have heard great things about Lisbon and the festival.

Loyle Carner at Glasto looked like something special so can't wait to see him and The Chemical Brothers. The Cure are always ace too.

A few newbie questions (sorry if any have been asked before) - what's the payment situation on site? It is cash or card only does anyone know or is both fine?

Also, from pics - the Sagres stage looks kind of like a tent - are there any issues with overcrowding and people spilling out the sides etc. I'm guessing the likes of Thom Yorke will be really busy so I'm trying to work out if it's best to get to Sagres in good time for acts on that stage or if changing between NOS and Sagres is pretty quick and straightforward. (Keen to get as much of both The Cure and Robyn as possible..)

Cheers!

1 hour ago, Homer said:

Bit of a shame they're out on a limb so early in the day, but really enjoying Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever the more I listen to them. Mellow, slightly jangly indie rock with great harmonies. Perfect sunshine music:

Yeah decent harmonies. But the next act I want to see is after them The Smashing Pumpkins and it's such a massive gap, bearing in mind we're out in the sticks. I don't really want to spend 3/4 hours at the beach, but I guess we'll see what the weather is like. 

7 minutes ago, ezzy5050 said:

Hey - it's my first time to the festival next week, very excited! Have heard great things about Lisbon and the festival.

Loyle Carner at Glasto looked like something special so can't wait to see him and The Chemical Brothers. The Cure are always ace too.

A few newbie questions (sorry if any have been asked before) - what's the payment situation on site? It is cash or card only does anyone know or is both fine?

Also, from pics - the Sagres stage looks kind of like a tent - are there any issues with overcrowding and people spilling out the sides etc. I'm guessing the likes of Thom Yorke will be really busy so I'm trying to work out if it's best to get to Sagres in good time for acts on that stage or if changing between NOS and Sagres is pretty quick and straightforward. (Keen to get as much of both The Cure and Robyn as possible..)

Cheers!

The Cure and The Chems were the two best things I saw at Glasto so make sure you see them (I'll be watching them both again!).

I haven't been to Nos for seven years, so will leave that to others...

9 minutes ago, Chinaski_ said:

Yeah decent harmonies. But the next act I want to see is after them The Smashing Pumpkins and it's such a massive gap, bearing in mind we're out in the sticks. I don't really want to spend 3/4 hours at the beach, but I guess we'll see what the weather is like. 

Yeah, I've 'only' got 90 mins to wait until Tourist but still feels a bit much, especially as am def staying until at least the end of the Chems. May pop in to see Rolling Blackouts and then go back out of the fest for a bit!

Pretty sure there isn't a beach by the arena (unless I've misunderstood!).

Edited by Homer

20 minutes ago, Homer said:

Yeah, I've 'only' got 90 mins to wait until Tourist but still feels a bit much, especially as am def staying until at least the end of the Chems. May pop in to see Rolling Blackouts and then go back out of the fest for a bit!

Pretty sure there isn't a beach by the arena (unless I've misunderstood!).

I thought there was a beach in Alges? 

1 minute ago, young_contra said:

There is one but from the looks of it it ain't that great of a beach (take this with a grain of salt though, I've never been there)

From the photos it looks like one of those fake beaches on an industrial spot. Is there anything else to do in the area outside of the festival? 

2 minutes ago, Chinaski_ said:

From the photos it looks like one of those fake beaches on an industrial spot. Is there anything else to do in the area outside of the festival? 

From the festival you're about a 25 minute walk from belem with the tower and little towny bit. Guessing the train would take minutes. But I don't thinkkk there's anything directly around it!

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Chinaski_ said:

The Google review say there's a nice stroll up and down there. IIRC the festival area is next to a kind of port area.

This could be my personal schedule, green=must see, blue maybe. 

But after few beers everything will change, I'm sure I'll going to see IDLES, The Cure, Vampire Weekend, Weezer, Johnny Marr, The Smashing Pumpkins. 

Screenshot_20190705-150356.jpg