NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

I don't want to upset you any more but it seems like the acts on the Coreto stage play in between the Sagres acts, which would mean a 20 minute overlap between Idles and Bon Iver. I'm taking back what I said about Saturday not being as bad for clashes.

Hmmmm I don't see IDLES playing for 1h10 nor the information given being incorrect so it surely must be 1hr which still begs the question, *why* overlap two of the biggest artists of your day on the only relevant stages? This festival as a pretty solid lineup but its organization keeps giving me the biggest of headaches

I'll have a look to the clashfinder later but IDLES seems to don't clash with anyone.

A question to the locals: where can we buy a disposable grill for a quick bbq in the camping? Thanks

5 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

I'll have a look to the clashfinder later but IDLES seems to don't clash with anyone.

A question to the locals: where can we buy a disposable grill for a quick bbq in the camping? Thanks

If you´re staying and Lisboa Camping you´ll find a big shopping mall and IKEA store next to your camping site, 5 min drive/bus drive or 20 minute walk, you can buy it there.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

If you´re staying and Lisboa Camping you´ll find a big shopping mall and IKEA store next to your camping site, 5 min drive/bus drive or 20 minute walk, you can buy it there.

Oh thanks, that is great :)

Strange scheduling there - are we sure this is accurate (remarkably detailed if it isn't, I admit).  Minor point but there's a long gap between Tash Sultana (start 9.45) and Grace Jones (midnight), then the DJ they've just added starts at 1.25am so if that's correct it's a fairly short set from Grace Jones?

My first time at this so I'm surprised how they have the two biggest stages overlap by 10 minutes, particularly when there are similar artists involved.

40 minutes ago, WFD said:

Strange scheduling there - are we sure this is accurate (remarkably detailed if it isn't, I admit).  Minor point but there's a long gap between Tash Sultana (start 9.45) and Grace Jones (midnight), then the DJ they've just added starts at 1.25am so if that's correct it's a fairly short set from Grace Jones?

My first time at this so I'm surprised how they have the two biggest stages overlap by 10 minutes, particularly when there are similar artists involved.

I'm hoping there are a few errors here and there but idk. I also don't know why no other press outlet has reported on this (or NOS Alive, to begin with.....)

Edit: caught another article regarding timetables but they're pretty much a ctrl c ctrl v of the ones we got

Edited by young_contra

Idles and Bon Iver clashing isn't that strange, always clashes at festivals part of why I love them, those heartbreaking choices of who to Miss ha! Also pretty much two different fan bases. Scream and Marr is the strangest clash

7 hours ago, young_contra said:

I'm hoping there are a few errors here and there but idk. I also don't know why no other press outlet has reported on this (or NOS Alive, to begin with.....)

Edit: caught another article regarding timetables but they're pretty much a ctrl c ctrl v of the ones we got

There's a list on Musicfest which has at least one error compared to this (Pip Blom at the wrong time).

15 minutes ago, NOS newbie said:

My Friday night has been cut even shorter than expected - shocking clash with Primal Scream and Marr. But surely having Gossip as the headliner suggests the schedule can't be totally accurate...... let us pray. 

No, at European festivals, because they go on so late, the headliner often doesn't go on last.

• Upvote 1

The lineup would make much more sense with Primal Scream and Gossip switched around. The other big clashes (The Cure v Robyn, Idles v Bon Iver, Smashing Pumpkins v Thom Yorke) make slightly more sense as they generally appeal to slightly different audiences but clashing Johnny Marr and Primal Scream, when it was presumably easily avoidable, is a really strange decision.

I missed Marr for Foals at Glastonbury at the weekend assuming I'd see him at Nos. I guess I'll still go with Marr as I've never seen him before, whereas, like most of us I'm sure, I've seen the Scream more times than I can remember. Just a bit annoying as that day is so weak already!

Also, one of the few things I really want to see - Cut Copy - is on at 2.40am with nothing much on for the two hours before!

5 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

The lineup would make much more sense with Primal Scream and Gossip switched around. The other big clashes (The Cure v Robyn, Idles v Bon Iver, Smashing Pumpkins v Thom Yorke) make slightly more sense as they generally appeal to slightly different audiences but clashing Johnny Marr and Primal Scream, when it was presumably easily avoidable, is a really strange decision.

I think Smashing Pumpkins v Thom Yorke is almost as close a fit as Marr/PS.  Cure/Robyn maybe isn't a match musically but they are two big names and separating them would make the line up stronger - in fact it's strange that they have left quite a big gap between Loyle Carner finishing and Robyn starting, and then clashed her with the Cure anyway.  Weezer seem really early on that day. 

Agree PS and Gossip swapping places would make a lot of sense.

Does anyone know if we can enter the festival late?

We are planning on doing the Thursday and Friday but then on Saturday going in to Lisbon and then heading back to festival for Chemical Brothers???

thanks in advance

9 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Last year the Pearl Jam forced to stop the rest of the stages and everything was concentrated in the main stage!

Wow - sounds a bit dangerous (especially for a band who had a fan crushed at Rock Werchter didn't they?!). Was it scary busy?

(Also a bit annoying if you don't like Pearl Jam presumably!)

Edited by Homer
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Last year the Pearl Jam forced to stop the rest of the stages and everything was concentrated in the main stage!

Arctic Monkeys too according to the clashfinder (apart from the clubbing stage).