NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

4 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

There’s nothing to back it up but I feel like The Prodigy might have ended up as the third headliner. They were playing Doctor Music that weekend anyway and have headlined before, so they seem an obvious act to go to if Childish Gambino had pulled out.

It does seem like someone has pulled out though, given they were able to add two acts from Doctor Music to the main stage that day and still don’t really seem to want to promote Vampire Weekend as a headliner.

The Prodigy were going to headline another portuguese festival in August, EDP Vilar de Mouros

A few boring questions –

Has anyone stayed in Costa Da Caparica during Nos Alive, as I was wondering how easy it is to travel back to there each night after Nos. Will I be able to stay till the end and still have time to catch the ferry across? And Is it then an easy (drunken) walk from Trafaria? Or is Uber the answer?

more importantly – how much is a pint at Nos and is the Lager refreshingly cold?

The lineup isn’t great for me but I can’t wait for next week. Sun, beach, cold beer (hopefully) , live music in a cracking atmosphere = heaven

5 minutes ago, NOS newbie said:

A few boring questions –

Has anyone stayed in Costa Da Caparica during Nos Alive, as I was wondering how easy it is to travel back to there each night after Nos. Will I be able to stay till the end and still have time to catch the ferry across? And Is it then an easy (drunken) walk from Trafaria? Or is Uber the answer?

more importantly – how much is a pint at Nos and is the Lager refreshingly cold?

The lineup isn’t great for me but I can’t wait for next week. Sun, beach, cold beer (hopefully) , live music in a cracking atmosphere = heaven

From memory (last went 2017) you have to be strategic to get a very cold beer. At busy times/busy bars they'll have a fair few already poured just sitting out, but if you go to a quieter bar that pulls them fresh it'll be lovely and cold 

1 minute ago, DarthSaul said:

From memory (last went 2017) you have to be strategic to get a very cold beer. At busy times/busy bars they'll have a fair few already poured just sitting out, but if you go to a quieter bar that pulls them fresh it'll be lovely and cold 

ideal.i'm just happy they exist. warm beer would ruin it for me. cheers

3 hours ago, NOS newbie said:

A few boring questions –

Hey

I had last year a hotel in caparica and the only way after the festival was with a taxi..

Theres always a queue, where you must wait more or less 1 hour for a taxi but its always funny there..

Our Taxidriver gave us his number and we can phone him and he was from the second day always within 20 minutes there, so if you talk youre perhaps also a lucky one.

18 minutes ago, aaronch95 said:

Hey

I had last year a hotel in caparica and the only way after the festival was with a taxi..

Theres always a queue, where you must wait more or less 1 hour for a taxi but its always funny there..

Our Taxidriver gave us his number and we can phone him and he was from the second day always within 20 minutes there, so if you talk youre perhaps also a lucky one.

Thanks for the information. i thought a taxi would probably be the only solution. Hopefully i'll get your driver from last year haha

17 minutes ago, young_contra said:

Sorry to be a debbie downer - does anyone remember how long the Sagres stage's concerts are? Are they 1hr or 50 minutes? 

I don't want to upset you any more but it seems like the acts on the Coreto stage play in between the Sagres acts, which would mean a 20 minute overlap between Idles and Bon Iver. I'm taking back what I said about Saturday not being as bad for clashes.

1 minute ago, festivalguy97 said:

A lot of clashes, even small clashes, Primal with Johnny, Robyn with The Cure, Bon Iver with Idles and Thom with Smashing Pumpkins, basically all the the best artists, what a disaster, hope 2020 will come with a far better lineup and schedules. 

It'd be tough to not have The Cure clashing with someone else. Personally, watching Robyn early would be pretty meh but yeah - Johnny and Primal is a bit of a dubious one specially considering their target audience. Will IDLES and Bon Iver be overlapping for 10 minutes? That's what I'm worried about :(