NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

9 minutes ago, Bolgue said:

They just posted this on Instagram. 

Screenshot_20190702-120806_Instagram.jpg

IDLES incredibly high on the bill. Hope they will not clash with headliners but they will obviously come first for me :D

1 minute ago, PintoMcGuinness said:

Yep, I'm making my own top line of Vampire Weekend, Johnny Marr & Primal Scream.

That works a bit better for me, still not the best tho.

My top line could well be Johnny Marr, Primal scream and then Bairro Alto

Some strange billings there - as much as I love Mogwai, how on earth are they second named on a day that includes Weezer and Robyn?

Take it they haven't described it as 'final line up'? If it's not final, why bother putting a new poster out at this stage, if it is final, why not just say so?

6 minutes ago, young_contra said:

I wish VW were alone on the top of the 12th's bill but oh well. Does this mean they've closed the lineup or is it just another ad? Can't see the usual "and many more!" tagline.

It would be strange to make that poster and then add more acts, though NOS has been quite bizarre this year. I can't remember the name of it but I think Yazz x B-Mywingz (what a name), ETC and Beluga won a competition where the acts play the Sagres stage? You'll probably know more about that than me but I guess that's our remaining Sagres names.

Just now, kingcrawler said:

It would be strange to make that poster and then add more acts, though NOS has been quite bizarre this year. I can't remember the name of it but I think Yazz x B-Mywingz (what a name), ETC and Beluga won a competition where the acts play the Sagres stage? You'll probably know more about that than me but I guess that's our remaining Sagres names.

I have never read those names before so I doubt I know more than you ? but yeah I guess so, they don't really need a formal announcement do they? They could be announced alongside the timetables

2 minutes ago, young_contra said:

I have never read those names before so I doubt I know more than you ? but yeah I guess so, they don't really need a formal announcement do they? They could be announced alongside the timetables

Turns out this was what I meant. I think some of the previous winners have played the Sagres stage after winning so makes sense if that’s the case here too.

They've updated the line-up on the app - finally removing H.E.R. and adding in all the recent announcements, small stages, comedy etc.  Can't see anything new in there.  Times haven't been added yet.

3 hours ago, Sam_2316 said:

Seeing VW, GVF and Gossip on the top line of the 12th hurts 

It looks very weak. So are VW headlining? I like them, but it just seems like they've given up looking and VW have been boosted from sub since we were told there'd be another headliner. 

6 minutes ago, Chinaski_ said:

It looks very weak. So are VW headlining? I like them, but it just seems like they've given up looking and VW have been boosted from sub since we were told there'd be another headliner. 

When were we told there would be another headliner?? 

3 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

Considering VW are playing a bunch of festivals this summer (and not headlining them), do we think they'll know that this is a headline show? Or just another set for them?

Probably considered to be "just another set" but I can see them playing between 1h30 and 1h45m

Edited by young_contra

38 minutes ago, Sam_2316 said:

When were we told there would be another headliner?? 

I remember reading on here months back about waiting to seewho'd be the third headliner and then there was the rumour that Childish Gambino pulled out of many festivals. So that could explain why VW are headlining here but nowhere else. 

2 minutes ago, Chinaski_ said:

I remember reading on here months back about waiting to seewho'd be the third headliner and then there was the rumour that Childish Gambino pulled out of many festivals. So that could explain why VW are headlining here but nowhere else. 

Yeah I dont think there was too much substance to most of the rumours, I think weve just been hopeful the whole way through that they would pull somebody bigger out the bag. (I like VW, but not headlining) 

I watched a bit of VW on tv from Glastonbury at the weekend. Incredibly poor headliner if that’s what we’re stuck with.  I’ve never particularly disliked them but they’re never headline material 

There’s nothing to back it up but I feel like The Prodigy might have ended up as the third headliner. They were playing Doctor Music that weekend anyway and have headlined before, so they seem an obvious act to go to if Childish Gambino had pulled out.

It does seem like someone has pulled out though, given they were able to add two acts from Doctor Music to the main stage that day and still don’t really seem to want to promote Vampire Weekend as a headliner.