NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

18 minutes ago, ANDER95 said:

so, no annoucement and no timetables today neither. we have some questions:

1. at what time did the concerts end more o less?

2. what about going partyin after it? (we are staying in the camping) is there party in the camping? or the best is going to Lisbon?

Any answer is helpful!! thanks!!

see you in Nos!!

I think from previous years, the timetable is usually released about 2 weeks prior to the festival. Would very much expect them to complete the lineup very soon though! 

From memory acts generally start at about 5pm, obviously the bigger names on later. 

The final acts of the evening finish early in to the morning, so never actually needed to go into lisbon afterwards! There always seems to be something going on at the campsite afterwards, but by this time its usally like 4am. 

(Someone feel free to correct me if any of this is wrong) 

58 minutes ago, ANDER95 said:

2. what about going partyin after it? (we are staying in the camping) is there party in the camping? or the best is going to Lisbon?

see you in Nos!!

Timetable was released on 18 June last year. 

Have a look to the clashfinder for the exact schedule

https://clashfinder.com/s/nos18/

22 minutes ago, young_contra said:

James Murphy is playing a local club/bar (don't know it) on the 12th. Shame they couldn't get him for the Clubbing stage, now that'd be a confirmation for that same stage that I'd care about

Well, an unexpected LCD set would be really welcome 

Edit: he's playing at Lux. I always wanted to go there but reading the reviews it seems they ask more more more money if you're not a local. Is it true? 

Edited by alan_ts

31 minutes ago, young_contra said:

James Murphy is playing a local club/bar (don't know it) on the 12th. Shame they couldn't get him for the Clubbing stage, now that'd be a confirmation for that same stage that I'd care about

He was down for Dr Music, so maybe they can nab him now?

Got this e-mail from Ticketline and Google Translate didn't really make any sense! Any ideas?

Á semelhança de edições anteriores e de modo a facilitar as entradas e reduzir períodos de espera para levantamento de compras agradecemos que nos indique morada para envio da compra efetuada on line via carta registada, o qual não terá qualquer custo e apenas o faremos em território nacional dada a proximidade da data sendo que a confirmação terá de ser feita até dia 21 de Junho.

3 hours ago, ANDER95 said:

see you in Nos!!

The fest goes on until 4 or 5. You can prob carry on drinking when you get back if you want - we did (we were in a bungalow though),

1 hour ago, young_contra said:

Well, if he could play at 3-4 in the morning at Lux, he could take his band , in the same day, at Nos Alive .  But that it is me only dreaming

1 hour ago, Homer said:

Got this e-mail from Ticketline and Google Translate didn't really make any sense! Any ideas?

Á semelhança de edições anteriores e de modo a facilitar as entradas e reduzir períodos de espera para levantamento de compras agradecemos que nos indique morada para envio da compra efetuada on line via carta registada, o qual não terá qualquer custo e apenas o faremos em território nacional dada a proximidade da data sendo que a confirmação terá de ser feita até dia 21 de Junho.

Similarly to previous nos alive's editions and in order to ease the entries and diminish waiting times to pick up your purchases, we'd be thankful if you could give us an address for us to ship you your online purchase via a registered card, which won't have any extra costs and it will only be done in national territory (I'm assuming Portugal?) due to the date's proximity as the confirmation will have to be set until 21st june.

Sorry by my rusty english, translating word to word has never been my forté but I hope it helps (and that's a pretty poor Portuguese on their part, if you ask me).

1 minute ago, young_contra said:

Similarly to previous nos alive's editions and in order to ease the entries and diminish waiting times to pick up your purchases, we'd be thankful if you could give us an address for us to ship you your online purchase via a registered card, which won't have any extra costs and it will only be done in national territory (I'm assuming Portugal?) due to the date's proximity as the confirmation will have to be set until 21st june.

Sorry by my rusty english, translating word to word has never been my forté but I hope it helps (and that's a pretty poor Portuguese on their part, if you ask me).

That’s great thanks - makes a lot more sense than Google did!

• Like 1

Completely unrelated to NOS but I'm watching Metallica tonight.... almost ten years since I first saw them at the then Optimus Alive in Lisbon for my first Metallica and Nos gigs. I'm a bit excited

So what's everyone's plans for this festival then?

I fly into Lisbon on the 9th and have an Airbnb booked literally backing on to the LX factory. Stayed there last time and loveddd the location so very excited. Then fly back the following Tuesday, 16th! 

1 minute ago, DarthSaul said:

I fly into Lisbon on the 9th and have an Airbnb booked literally backing on to the LX factory. Stayed there last time and loveddd the location so very excited. Then fly back the following Tuesday, 16th! 

Wed to wed. Flying from Bergamo and I'm tempted to go to Vampire Weekend in Milan on Tuesday :)

Then, one night in an horrible apartment (it looks like an hospital), 3 nights in bungalow and last 3 nights in a pretty good apartment (I think in Rossio, don't remember exactly now). 

I'm wondering if it's worth to rent a bike to do some route next to the coast. 

We have planned to go to Lx Factory on Sunday as well. 

22 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

Wed to wed. Flying from Bergamo and I'm tempted to go to Vampire Weekend in Milan on Tuesday :)

Then, one night in an horrible apartment (it looks like an hospital), 3 nights in bungalow and last 3 nights in a pretty good apartment (I think in Rossio, don't remember exactly now). 

I'm wondering if it's worth to rent a bike to do some route next to the coast. 

We have planned to go to Lx Factory on Sunday as well. 

What is the LX Factory? Is it worth a visit? 

57 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

Flying in from London Stanstead 9.25 on Thursday and should arrive at half 12. I say should, because unfortunately it's Ryanair so it'll likely be delayed. Looking to check out the Tower of Belem, Pradao, Castelo, Praca do comercio, Jeronimos, beach and maybe Benfica/Sporting CP stadiums depending on time/costs.

Any other free/cheap attractions I should check out, I'm happy to hear suggestions.:)

Heading back Sunday at 4pm. 

Edited by Chinaski_

54 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

Fly from Manchester on the Wednesday morning arriving about midday, staying at the below apartment 15 minutes walk from the festival with a couple of friends. Leave Sunday

https://www.booking.com/hotel/pt/2-bedroom-belem-wonder.en-gb.html

6 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

LX factory is definitely worth a visit imo. Pretty cool during the day but also a really nice atmosphere for a few beers at night. 

Added to the list. 

2 hours ago, DarthSaul said:

Fly in on 9th, got email ticket for 1st night, staying in lisbon hotel on the pink street :)

go back saturday

no more camping at festivals for me anymore

Travelling on my own and not a youngster any more

Edited by andy2912

I'm at work so can't check out any video right now, what are they like as a band? One of my friends said they sound like early Metallica, I'll be more than happy if that's the case.